What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro SS

Hey guys just wondering what I can get for my 98 camaro ss. It's silver paint has no fades, but 2 scratches and a small dent. Brand new convertible was installed 8 months ago and hasn't seen any type of weather because it's been sitting in my garage since. The radio is missing, and the passenger window barely goes up anymore. The headlights are pretty hazed as well. The leather is in top condition can't even tell it's been used really. The ac is not working though I might fix it before I sell it. The car has a 140k miles and is a true SS. I'll post some pictures when I get it all washed. The car is bone stock. Thinking about getting a C6 so trying to see how much I can get out of the camaro. So what do you guys think I can sell it for?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 AM
TECH Resident

With issues fixed A/C, paintless dent removal, polishing lights or most likely replacing and fix window motor I can see being worth 6-7 right time of year ( not sure
Where you live) quick sale needing repairs you'll get the turkies and there 4-5k offers
Old 11-21-2016, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

In the current condition around $2500 to $3k, with the stuff fixed, around 5K.

I had a hell of a time getting rid of my 00 WS6 convertible, no one wanted it because it was a vert, they all want T-top cars. Mine had a stage 2 T-56, fresh LQ4, 165K miles, and a double DIN stereo. I had it up for $6500 and couldn't get it, I wound up trading.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

I was thinking I'd have a hard time selling it because it's a convertible. What did you get for trade in?
Old 11-21-2016, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SSV8
I was thinking I'd have a hard time selling it because it's a convertible. What did you get for trade in?
I had at least three people tell me that they would take it, if it was a T-top.

Last edited by JC316; 11-21-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Dam not what I wanted to hear! Do you reside in CA?
Old 11-21-2016, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's any help that last SS convertible at my local dealers sold for around $9K in 2012. That was a silver 2000 A4 vert with only 74K miles. At the time I test drove it everything worked. But it had cold piston slap, brakes that pulled hard right (fixable), and a whine in the rear end that needing addressing. Top was original. Tires 50%. The dealership started off asking $12K and had trouble getting $9K for it. It was on Ebay 3X and failed to meet reserve each time. Not a bad looking car though with no dents or scratches. The rear end and piston slap wasn't something I wanted to deal with. Almost 5 years later, a 1998 with 140K miles would be lucky to get $6K-$7K assuming everything worked.

With 140K miles that driver's seat leather should be heavily worn. It shouldn't look anything like the rear seats assuming no one has ever sat back there. I'd think twice about going to look at any car where the owner told me "anything" in that car almost looked like new at 140K miles. That's not realistic, unless the parts were taken off on day one, and then recently put back in service. Radio missing, AC and window(s) not working, clouded head lights, will suggest to a potential buyer that other things might have been neglected too. Worst of all is that it's not convertible season again until April/May.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Firebrian
If it's any help that last SS convertible at my local dealers sold for around $9K in 2012. That was a silver 2000 A4 vert with only 74K miles. At the time I test drove it everything worked. But it had cold piston slap, brakes that pulled hard right (fixable), and a whine in the rear end that needing addressing. Top was original. Tires 50%. The dealership started off asking $12K and had trouble getting $9K for it. It was on Ebay 3X and failed to meet reserve each time. Not a bad looking car though with no dents or scratches. The rear end and piston slap wasn't something I wanted to deal with. Almost 5 years later, a 1998 with 140K miles would be lucky to get $6K-$7K assuming everything worked.

With 140K miles that driver's seat leather should be heavily worn. It shouldn't look anything like the rear seats assuming no one has ever sat back there. I'd think twice about going to look at any car where the owner told me "anything" in that car almost looked like new at 140K miles. That's not realistic, unless the parts were taken off on day one, and then recently put back in service. Radio missing, AC and window(s) not working, clouded head lights, will suggest to a potential buyer that other things might have been neglected too. Worst of all is that it's not convertible season again until April/May.
​​​​​​​well the last owner had the seats redone that's why they look new. The interior was very well kept as well no cracks or anything. Just going to get a buffer and try to clear up the headlights.

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro SS