What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 Hugger Orange SS Vert. White Top and interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 Hugger Orange SS Vert. White Top and interior

Possibly picking up another Hoss. I already have a 31k mile Tt Top M6 with white leather.

I am looking at a Hoss Convertible with white top and white leather. Car has 110k miles, but is completely stock and in excellent condition. Clean Carfax and all original paint.

Car is an Automatic, 2nd owner, and has a replacement seat leather that is now White with Orange inserts. Couple small chips on front fascia, but otherwise super clean car that appears more like a 40-50k mile car.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Interesting how these HOSS cars appear at the same time. We have been talking about another recently. Maybe this link will assist you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...nvertible.html
Mileage over 100k is not a positive in my book personally. I've rarely seen a 6 figure mileage car in excellent condition unless it's been restored. I know I've tried like hell to keep my F-body as perfect as possible and no way can I consider it excellent. I'm the only owner, garage kept, the car has under 60k miles. Good condition?? Yes, definitely, but the wear and tear, even with mostly highway miles, adds up. Make sure the excitement of buying another HOSS doesn't cloud the reality of it's condition. Don't overpay for rarity as it's a non-factor at this point, unless a 'must have' for you personally. It is going to need things also, more than likely anyway. That needs to be considered and kept in mind. After the excitement winds down, I believe you will find your own 31k miles car 'light years' better if you have kept it up as nice as possible. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Interesting how these HOSS cars appear at the same time. We have been talking about another recently. Maybe this link will assist you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...nvertible.html
Mileage over 100k is not a positive in my book personally. I've rarely seen a 6 figure mileage car in excellent condition unless it's been restored. I know I've tried like hell to keep my F-body as perfect as possible and no way can I consider it excellent. I'm the only owner, garage kept, the car has under 60k miles. Good condition?? Yes, definitely, but the wear and tear, even with mostly highway miles, adds up. Make sure the excitement of buying another HOSS doesn't cloud the reality of it's condition. Don't overpay for rarity as it's a non-factor at this point, unless a 'must have' for you personally. It is going to need things also, more than likely anyway. That needs to be considered and kept in mind. After the excitement winds down, I believe you will find your own 31k miles car 'light years' better if you have kept it up as nice as possible. Good luck!
I am going to disagree on the condition idea of the car. I have seen it myself and it has not been restored or repainted. There are a few stone chips on the front bumper cover and a little wear and tear on the driver side inner rocker where the lower door seal rubs. No rust and the owner has had the car since 2001. He is an older guy and is fanatical about his vehicles. He owns a Chevy truck and has always driven another vehicle in the winter, so this car has not been in the snow or salt in this area. I also own another car with 135k miles. it is a 1998, and has 100% original paint and the only were and tear spot on the car is on the driver side carpet where your heel would be. If I put a piece of tape over the odometer of the car, and has someone guess the mileage, they would say 40-50 k. I have had people already tell me it looks like it has 100k less than what it does. it is another 1 owner mostly Highway driven miles, and it certainly makes a difference between a highway mile car and a city mile car with the same odometer.

I am not going to let the excitement cloud any decision I make. I have not gotten where I am in life by making stupid uneducated decisions. I have owned over 100 cars/trucks in the past 33 years, and would not have been able to sell/buy most of them if I did the wrong thing. I cam here to get some opinions on the value of this car, and I will ultimately be the one making the decision. As a matter of fact, I have already made my decision, because I know a good deal when I see one. Especially when a car is in this condition and is a 1 of 4 or 5 built.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Again, best of luck. You asked for opinions and I provided one. You have found one special car. Not many 100,000 miles cars can be described as such. If you could, please share a price to help others on here?
Old 06-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-18-2018, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post