What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

I bought it, but curious what you think...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought it, but curious what you think...

Hi everybody. It's been awhile since I've been on this forum, selling my CTS-V 4 years ago. However, I just bought a Camaro and I'm curious what everyone's opinion is. First off, I'm not thrilled about it being a slushbox, but everything else adds up and my wife is happy to have me finally buy a car she wants to drive. She can drive a stick, but hates it.

Here are the details:
2010 Camaro 2SS Transformer Coupe w/Auto trans
4,744 miles
Clean one-owner Carfax
Magnuson Supercharger installed when new
Magnaflow exhaust
Passport detector installed in dash
Kenwood Nav unit with back-up camera
The only paint flaw is the passenger mirror has a scuff
Wheels have light curb rash, but replacing them anyway

I'm aware Automatics are soft and usually never consider them. However, the goods out weighed that for me this time.

Tell me what you think it's worth and don't pull punches. No thin skin here.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-16-2018, 05:06 AM
Teching In

So you sound like you’re more worried about it being an auto..... who cares. I seen a lot of auto lay some spanking the highway in *mexico*. I think you got a sweet deal. Sounds like something you put away in the garage and forget abt it until you croak over... especially with that low of miles. That’s a show car.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trying to find validation after a purchase usually provides little solace if you overpaid or little sastifiction if you underpaid and although I'm sure you will find some good estimates through this forum in the end there are estimates and you will find examples on both end or the spectrum as every sale is circumstantial. This being said I'll bit. Although I don't follow the 5th gen market very heavily I will say that early model years with edtrememly low miles still seem to be listed in the mid 20ks whether they sell I am not sure. With the Maggie my guess would be a $25 to 26k purchase price would be a good buy. I personally have been looking at 1le cars and I hate to think I could buy a 20k mile 2015 1le for 4k more
Old 06-16-2018, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

All I can say is that the car is worth 'thousands' over excellent 'book' due to the mileage and one owner status. That's the premium you pay for these sweet like new rides. I don't understand the wheel rash with those miles though so I hope the owner wasn't careless with his driving. Enjoy it!
Old 06-16-2018, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you'll have a fukin blast driving it, who gives a **** if its an auto. If you/wife are happy then that all that matters. Let's see some pictures
Old 06-16-2018, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Auto's are fine...and both of you can drive it w/o having to think about shifting all the time. That's a true cruiser. Your reaction times will always be faster than someone with a manual shift...especially when the car is already moving. While I like rowing the gears at times, 80% of the time on a drive I'd be just fine with an automatic....especially long drives...and those on the interstates. Though at 4K miles I think you're going to be babying this for a while, and might even be reluctant to add "unnecessary" miles.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Haha. So it's obvious I'm a little shy towards the automatics. I've just never owned them, but I'm not a hater. After all, I wrote the check. As for the curb rash, this car was owned by an 80+ year old man and we all know the visibility out of these isn't the best. I plan to enjoy the crap out of this car, but I will probably put more than the 500 miles per year that have been put on in the past.

I still haven't heard a value out of anyone but Bandit. Not looking for validation Bandit, nor do I care if I over or under paid at this point, but you and I agree closely to what we think it's worth. I'm not in it thinking it's an investment, it's still a car that will depreciate, but I think it will do me well if I don't stack on a ton of miles.

Cheers
Old 06-17-2018, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jenks40
Haha. So it's obvious I'm a little shy towards the automatics. I've just never owned them, but I'm not a hater. After all, I wrote the check. As for the curb rash, this car was owned by an 80+ year old man and we all know the visibility out of these isn't the best. I plan to enjoy the crap out of this car, but I will probably put more than the 500 miles per year that have been put on in the past.

I still haven't heard a value out of anyone but Bandit. Not looking for validation Bandit, nor do I care if I over or under paid at this point, but you and I agree closely to what we think it's worth. I'm not in it thinking it's an investment, it's still a car that will depreciate, but I think it will do me well if I don't stack on a ton of miles.

Cheers
Well I did mention a 'premium' value but don't know what excellent 'book' is in your zip code. I punched in my zip code here in NC on KBB.com, with all the options/packages you have, and the average private party price was $25,374. IMO anything in the $28,000 price range would be a good purchase price if it truly fits the criteria..
Old 06-27-2018, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Just saw this one at the F-Body show this past Saturday. I believe it was a 2012.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I drove an SS and I just honestly hated everything about it, glad your wife likes it but I couldn't put myself in a new gen camaro. bought an Audi S5 V8 and have been searching for a 4th gen project ever since. Don't hate the Audi but I got my V8 fill in an AWD coupe, can't complain

Quick Reply: I bought it, but curious what you think...