Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

best street tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best street tires

what tires will I hook up best with for a dd that are relatively cheap? any imput would be great
Old 12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Ok I already wrote this once and the stupid thing timed out... It was long and I am pissed. Ok you have a budget. I'm going to give you quick suggestions for both a summer tire and all season tire. Max Performance and Ultra High Performance. Going to give some expensive suggestions too. You want to spend a little extra money so you can have traction along with cornering capabilities.
Max Performance Summer:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3- Very expensive. They look sick and have insane wet and dry traction. They handle exceptionally. I had 315 in the back and 245 up front. Cost me a little under a grand for 4. They were amazing, but way overpriced. I changed them out after 35k miles and they still had life on them with spirited/aggressive driving. This was when I had a slightly modded LS1. You won't get out of the driveway if it snows or ices LoL

Ultra High Performance Summer:

General Exclaim UHP- Amazing tires that will cost you right at 400 dollars for a set shipped for 275's all around. They have great dry traction, good wet traction, and cornering capabilities. They will last you about the same as the Eagles. This was when I had a full bolt on LS1.

Sumitomo HRT Z- Exceptionally cheap, less than 400 for 315 and 275's. They will last you 3 months with spirited driving. I do not recommend these. They had good dry traction, need to improve on wet traction. Good on corners. Full Bolt on LS1.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport- Buddy of mine had these. He has a modified 95 stang with an aftermarket, built 5.0 in it, with a 150 shot of nitrous. He couldn't take me back when I was slightly modded off the bottle, but even when he wasn't on the bottle, he couldn't get traction for $hit. I wouldn't recommend these.

Ultra High Performance All Season:

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS- These are the tires that I have on my car now. They have handled the power of a crate LS6 Engine, with ported heads to match the ported LS6 intake, full bolts ons, and a tune. I have also used these tires on light ice/snow. I NEVER drive when it snows or ices, but I had no choice, it was an emergency. They got me from point a to b and I was very impressed. I'd suggest putting some sand over the rear if you HAVE to get out.

Kumho Ecsta ASX- These are what I will be putting on next. a few of my fellow f-body friends have these tires and they seem to have great dry, good wet, and good cornering capabilities. They won't last you for 40k if you drive like a bat out of hell, but they will get you into the low 30's from what I've been told. They cost just over 400 and they are decent in snow considering the power our cars make. 275's of course. If you go with a lower size, then it will be cheaper.

Anyway man, I suggest not going super cheap. It's really a preference thing. These are tires that I have owned mostly and some I've asked around about from friends and random people and they passed along this info. Hope this helped! Later man.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

What size are you looking for?

-Mike
Old 12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FormulaFiend
General Exclaim UHP- Amazing tires that will cost you right at 400 dollars for a set shipped for 275's all around. They have great dry traction, good wet traction, and cornering capabilities. They will last you about the same as the Eagles. This was when I had a full bolt on LS1.
Ive ran these before. Very good tire, great value. Hooked way better than my Nitto 555s.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

i have the generals on my escalade and on my benz and they are very very loud lol.
my rears are 275/30/19 so maybe the low profile might make them a little louder but still way to loud.
be street tires i have had is the nitto 555's
Old 12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the kumho ecsta spt and they are decently priced and perform well for the money. but no street tire can tame my beast
Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

im putting 275's on and im thinking nitto 555r's in the back and maybe sumitomo up front will I get decent traction with these
Old 12-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Launching!

What abou the extream performance tires from kumho. There cheap enough, as long as theu can ha.ve my car kinda hook I'll be ok
Old 12-07-2008, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

best tyres i've ever had are my Goodyear F1 GS D3,Sick look and f***ing orsome grip, I defiantly advice on these tyres.

Last edited by CCCustoms; 12-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

bfg g-force t/a kdw dumdumdum... i love my tires they keep my h/c car on the ground for the most part.... decently priced but they are hard to get ahold of they are on back order through tire rack
Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Rikens,hands down are are as good as 555s,downside is 275/40/17 is as big as they get get,but they hook-up super.Kumho look good ,but no bite,been there done that.

Quick Reply: best street tires