Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need pics of Bogart d10s.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need pics of Bogart d10s.

I have been looking into getting some d10s with my tax return and after talking to steve at sjm he said that he could set up the wheels for stock brakes or strange drag brakes. He said the drag brake setup has a 1/2 inch deeper dish. I was wondering if anyone had pics of their wheels setup with stock and with drag brakes so I could get an idea on what I wanna do.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to check out the gallery (click link below). There's quite a few D10's listed. The way we would build them, they would not have the special front center as you see on the OEM LS1 setups. Look at the black camaro page 1 column/row 3,3. The fronts have the special dishing needed to clear the brakes. For your setup, both front/rears will match exactly (like rear wheel). They will also be deeper dished as you/I discussed by 1/2" compared to OEM setups.

Give me a call tomorrow if you'd like to discuss it further. It's much easier vs. typing a letter on war and peace:-). I probably have some larger pictures I can send you via e-mail.

let me know if I can help further.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry so is that black car on stock brakes or is that the setup for strange brakes? Thats the car that makes me want these wheels so bad. That car looks bad ***.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 PM
FormerVendor

This car uses stock brakes, stock length rearend, there are no centercaps installed on the rear wheels. Your setup would have 1/2" more dishing and the frront wheels' center will match the rears.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Specs

Stock Brakes
Axle shortened 1.5" per side. I want to shorten it another 1.5" per side for a deeper dish look.

Car is dirty , tires are 28" where the above pics are with 26"

I love the wheels. Plans are to throw on some Strange Drag brakes from SJM, shorten the axle and buy some black anodized bolted D10's or RT's.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

I love that car. Off topic a little bit but how do the drag brakes on the street. My car isnt a strip only car but want a set of wheels for the track. DD on TTII's and brakes are needing upgraded. Since my brakes will decide on what wheels is there any drawbacks to have drag brakes on a car the sees alot of street time also. FYI my brakes need replaced anway. Atleast rotors and pads
Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

I wouldn't advise drag brakes if you use the car as a daily driver. Defined daily driver to me is literally the main car used with a typical usage of 12,000 miles plus.

Drag brakes for a strip car or limited usage on the street works fine in my opinion. For example, a car you cruise on a weekend, go to shows etc...light duty usage.

If daily driven car how I'm defining it is how you fit, then I'd stick with stock brakes. We can build the wheels to fit the stock brakes for the front and rear of your car.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I wouldn't advise drag brakes if you use the car as a daily driver. Defined daily driver to me is literally the main car used with a typical usage of 12,000 miles plus.

Drag brakes for a strip car or limited usage on the street works fine in my opinion. For example, a car you cruise on a weekend, go to shows etc...light duty usage.

If daily driven car how I'm defining it is how you fit, then I'd stick with stock brakes. We can build the wheels to fit the stock brakes for the front and rear of your car.
quick question do drag brakes stop better than stock brakes? how much more noise do they make? my car is a weekend driver about 3000 miles max a year. sees some pretty tore up streets. was thinking about some drag brakes in the future.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

I wish I Could only put 12000 on my car a year.LOL!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C_Rules
quick question do drag brakes stop better than stock brakes? how much more noise do they make? my car is a weekend driver about 3000 miles max a year. sees some pretty tore up streets. was thinking about some drag brakes in the future.
They stop very well, I feel better then stock brakes. They are a 4 piston caliper design, they stop cars in excess of 150mph for example. Where the stock brakes will surpass would be from dissipation of heat through continued hard braking.

Without more information regarding how you intend to use them, 3000 miles is not much at all. You'd benefit from a drag brake setup whereas your wheels could be lighter and you'd be dropping allot of weight from your car. As I tell my wheel customers, if you're considering drag brakes, we design the wheels around the brakes. Drag brakes allow us to do a few different things whereas weight is lower as well as cost.

Give me a call if you need more help. I can provide you with any of the above mentioned components.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Without more information regarding how you intend to use them, 3000 miles is not much at all. You'd benefit from a drag brake setup whereas your wheels could be lighter and you'd be dropping allot of weight from your car. As I tell my wheel customers, if you're considering drag brakes, we design the wheels around the brakes. Drag brakes allow us to do a few different things whereas weight is lower as well as cost.

Give me a call if you need more help. I can provide you with any of the above mentioned components.
I was asking because drag brakes are a good way to shed weight without actually chopping stuff off the car or deleting things. My intended use for them would be street driving on the weekends (i live in nyc so plenty of stop and go) and drag racing on occasion. I am not sure if I should get drag wheels or drag brakes first. I would be driving on the stock 16 inch rims on the the street and swap to some 15s for the track. Currently I am re working my suspension and will do the wheels or brakes next. I just don't want to do the brakes to then realize they are terribly noisy while breaking on the street.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C_Rules
I was asking because drag brakes are a good way to shed weight without actually chopping stuff off the car or deleting things. My intended use for them would be street driving on the weekends (i live in nyc so plenty of stop and go) and drag racing on occasion. I am not sure if I should get drag wheels or drag brakes first. I would be driving on the stock 16 inch rims on the the street and swap to some 15s for the track. Currently I am re working my suspension and will do the wheels or brakes next. I just don't want to do the brakes to then realize they are terribly noisy while breaking on the street.
3K of driving on flat road is reasonable. If you are considering our Bogart wheels, I would not advise purchasing wheels first as we build them to suit. Many other companies build one size fits most setups.

I would suggest if you are considering our Bogart wheels to consider the brakes at the time of purchase (if you decided to purchase drag brakes) as we offer exclusive package deals as well as other specials.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

thanks. once i do the new suspension i'll be give you guys a call about those brakes. should be around when summer gets here.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Running Strange Drag brakes but they're built for stock brakes.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ Any fitment issues with the wheels set up for stock brakes running on drag brakes. If not that might be the way to go for me.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kkslds
^^^ Any fitment issues with the wheels set up for stock brakes running on drag brakes. If not that might be the way to go for me.
If built for LS1 OEM setups, they will also fit drag brake setups. Drawbacks going this route would be it is slightly more expensive, it is not as light and dishing would be 1/2" more then what you see in those pictures (if built exclusivly for drag brakes).
Old 03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

stock brakes here
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Second Club

stock brakes here as well

just for fun heres the same wheel on the front of my under construction '69 SS nova with a SSBC disc brake conversion
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Good God I FAWKING love those wheels!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

I know what wheel's I'm buying when I buy my drag set up

Quick Reply: Need pics of Bogart d10s.