Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Racer and street 15" wheel users, you wanted it, we will built it

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Steve, you guys need to make 18" drag wheels to fit the front/rear of the 2010 Camaro. Nobody has them yet...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Hey Steve, you guys need to make 18" drag wheels to fit the front/rear of the 2010 Camaro. Nobody has them yet...
I don't know if Steve makes 18" drag wheels yet, I'm sure he can. However Scott is working on a set of 18" R/T wheels for the new Camaros.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
A drag configuration is in the works and should be completed shortly. Only problem is the car is not prevelant at this time...but we will be ready with a variety of designs.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its cool steve on Bogarts procces. Its a very long expaination to company men-oil and gas- on the types of material is used for our coil tubing units and how We keep up with pipe fatuige-stress-and how we can get the best performance out of a paticular well. I do want a set soon-for a street car weighing in around 3700 lbs. But Im kicking around the idea of a narrowed rear. and an abs delete. How well they hold a polish or SFI dont interest me. Weight does as I do want less rotational mass but not at the expense of safety. I have wheels for every day driving-but weekend duty driving to the track.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:51 AM
FormerVendor

Tillery,

Durability and reliability is something we take seriously. These wheels are designed for the street and strip, so it’s going to give folks that don't just want a drag wheel just what the doctor ordered. I’ve fought tooth and nail on here regarding reasons of using 15” wheels keeping weight down as low as possible...I’m a bit disappointed that it has come to this regarding new trends. Though these won’t be as light as our drag wheels, we are changing with the times to building what folks have apparently been asking for. They will look the same from the outside, different mil thickness materials, different hardness properties, different structural centers are all part of the change. We will still continue to build our drag configurations for the racers who want the lightest drag components for drag racing.

What folks overlook with our drag pieces, we've got quite a few different designs for different applications, some stronger than others, pieces designed for different weight vehicles etc. They may look the same, from the outside, but they may not have the same material processes or material thickness used. I even see folks using some of our 2 piece components every so often on F-bodies…which they should never be used (they probably purchased them used). They are designed for light-weight cars no heavier than 2800 lbs. When I see this, I typically comment to them to stop using them. Sometimes they respond they’ve been using them for a long time and not worried. Later down the road those are probably some of the ones that people hear discussing how they would never purchase one of our wheels again as the last set broke.

Unfortunately, we've had a bad rap in the past regarding durability. I’m here to hopefully change this and remove some of the misconceptions or apprehensiveness some may have regarding a Bogart wheel purchase. We do listen to our customers, we do take care of each and every person on an individual bases. Customer satisfaction and provide quality service and products are of primary concern. If it wasn’t for our customers, we would not be where we are today.

Some folks that purchase used products, pieces that aren't designed for the car they are using them for or drag setups used as everyday street components. Of course, when you use something which they aren't designed for, you're taking a chance. No different than any other wheel manufactures setup. Looking at F-bodies specifically and the F-body bolted series wheels we build (which are drag wheels). I’ve been very open regarding failures I’ve seen…In 15 years, 7 folks who have broken their bolted 4th gen wheels...we know from admission, they were used as street setups. Not a huge number, but more than I'd like to see. Certainly nothing that is outrageously worrisome to the average user. …Especially if they are being used as intended. I often wondered what other wheel manufactures stats are…I know I’ve seen personally a few of welds series wheels break. People on this board have openly broken them too. For example, a poster listed above had either one or two his prostars break on him. Maybe because some of those are rather inexpensive, they just chuck it up and buy a new one not bothering to comment to others. I’m not sure what the reasons are. We’ve had people even ask if we can fix other manufactures drag wheels. I’ve yet to see any representative discuss failures and opportunities within their products openly. With the internet, rumors start, possibly from competing brands or others hearing they read about a friend of a friend who’s heard they are all weak.

Keeping in discussion with our newer design alteration, these will be a true street and strip wheel which is designed for both areas of driving. They will be designed for street use and strip use. As described in other comments in this discussion post, they are not as strong as our road race wheels where very high forces are seen for extended periods of time (to be very clear, nor are generally any typical street designed wheel)…so if you’re e planning to do road course racing, stick with a road race wheel, a wheel designed for its intended purpose. We feel confident with our newer design, so much that we are warranting them for their intended purposes for 3 years which is longer than other suppliers offer.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
A drag configuration is in the works and should be completed shortly. Only problem is the car is not prevelant at this time...but we will be ready with a variety of designs.
It is prevalent to those who own one. I counted seven 2010 Camaros at a local shop yesterday, getting full bolt-ons and cams installed. Superchargers will be installed as soon as they ship. These new Camaro owners seem to be very mod-happy. Put me in line if you get some wheels made! I can even assist with dimensions etc...
Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

You can't count your backyard...lol J/K. Seriously, I wish we had more of them around or available!!
They should be completed shortly. I believe there's going to be a magizine write up as well. Thanks for offering help with dimensions. Everything's been taken care of at least at this point.

I do have one question for you...do you know if there are different brake packages that will be available or is the SS the largest and or only style? Can brakes get any bigger these days...lol

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 07-09-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Anyone else have other questions or concerns? Would you like to see something different? What else would you like to see us offer in our wheel lines?
id dint read the rest of the replies but how would your wheels work with the stock studs? i thought the whole reason against running pro stars on the street was that they cause alot of stress on the lugs since they use an extended nut. i have about 15k miles on my pro star skinnies without any problems

thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
id dint read the rest of the replies but how would your wheels work with the stock studs? i thought the whole reason against running pro stars on the street was that they cause alot of stress on the lugs since they use an extended nut. i have about 15k miles on my pro star skinnies without any problems

thanks
I'm glad that you brought that up. Our designs will work with stock studs, no problem at all.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm digging this out of the dead, but can you PM me a price on some wheels I saw on your website?

16x4 Floyd Welded RT's
15x10.5/11 Floyd Welded RT's

In the correct backspacing for an F-Body...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

1. how much faster will i be switching to these from the road race rims, these are all ready pretty fast!
2. you take trade-ins?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
1. how much faster will i be switching to these from the road race rims, these are all ready pretty fast!
2. you take trade-ins?
Our road race wheels are actually very light. Going from what you currently have to a 15" big/little combo in our new street/strip version would be like dropping ~40lbs from your car.

We do not take trade-ins, sorry.

Modern Muscle, we do not have PM's activated. You'd need to either call or e-mail us for assistance.

Quick Reply: Racer and street 15" wheel users, you wanted it, we will built it