Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nexen N3000 Owners, Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nexen N3000 Owners, Your Thoughts?

When I got the 505s I decided to throw some Nexen N3000s on them just to try them out and to save a little cash up front. I've put about 2,000 miles on them I'd say in a variety of weather conditions (sun, rain, heat, cold) thanks to Tennessee's wacky weather as well as driving conditions (pushing the handling, taking it to the drag strip, daily driving).

I'm curious to see what you guys who own them think of them?

For me personally, I honestly wasn't expecting much from some cheap tires. My expectations were low, so maybe that's why I'm so impressed, but I really, really like these tires. The tread pattern looks good, the sidewall looks good, and I've got skinny sidewalls since I'm on 19s and they ride just as well as any tires I've ever owned. No road noise to speak of really.

Dry traction isn't anything to write home about, but they aren't exactly like skating on ice (unless the weather is really cold, which no tires handle well in my experience). I did have to work pretty hard to get 2.0 60' at the track on them, but then again I am on 19s and it was my first time to the track in a stick car as all my years of track racing have been in stalled autos.

Wet traction is extremely surprising IMO. They seem to be exceptional at hydroplane resistance, they're controllable, and very predictable even in heavy downpours.

Handling-wise they're very nice too. Lateral grip on par for their treadwear, and they're very predictable at the limit (and very controllable just beyond the limit).

All in all they're not great tires for a car with a lot more power, but for a daily driver with bolt ons they're really nice. I really wanted some Toyo T1Rs, so far my favorite tire I've ran and what I had on my GTO (great in every single category), but I'm seriously surprised with how nice these tires are working out especially for how affordable they are. The real tell-tale sign will be how long they last over the long run, which is yet to be seen, but for right now I'm flat out impressed with these tires, but right now I'll definitely be rebuying when the time comes to replace them if they last as long as the Toyo T1Rs lasted on my GTO.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by josh99ta
When I got the 505s I decided to throw some Nexen N3000s on them just to try them out and to save a little cash up front. I've put about 2,000 miles on them I'd say in a variety of weather conditions (sun, rain, heat, cold) thanks to Tennessee's wacky weather as well as driving conditions (pushing the handling, taking it to the drag strip, daily driving).
thanks for posting. i was thinking about buying the same tires when i was needed to replace my tires on the hp evos. everything i could find were insane. luckily i found a great deal on some nittos.

my friend is planning on buying some 19 rims soon. he also is havin trouble finding cheap tires. he was thinking about these tires. we were a lil worried because of the crazy tenn. weather that u already mentioned. im glad u posted this. im gonna push him more to this tire then.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my bird, and I love them actually. They suprised me and meany others I have talked to. Good dry traction for a DD. Awesome Wet traction for a f-body. The tread is nice but they will develop a little road noise later trust me.
I have had mine for about 15,000 miles and probly have 5,000 more left.
But they were hard miles as I was excited to get my car.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

i used to have these on my old rims. I think they are the Best Bang for the Buck!! better than most low budget tires kumohos, nankangs, federals etc. I would say they are just as good if not better than falkens, yokohamas, sumitomos, etc. I would definitely recommend them. i wouldnt be suprised if nexens are considered (when the brand builds its self) up there with the bigger name tires like nittos, bfgs, goodyear, etc. in the near future.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

i bet they are nice. all i have run recently is nankangs in 20 22 and 24 inch. the compound is hard which would be bad for our cars.

the BEST street tires for a sporsts car with high hp are continentals, the best bfg‘s they make, i have tried others but those stick out. especially the continentals.

the cheaper tires work just fine, i can't afford continentals in this economy, and i would try cheaper tires with a good tread wear rating before any other. who looks at your tires anyway
Old 12-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

if they wear good, look good, and perform well then they are worth it. for name brand tires it is three times the price.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Teching In

I just got mine on RPM 505's in 19" I have only got about 100 miles on them but I was shocked! Ride better than my BFG's in 17", less road noise, etc. I am sure the noise will increase as they wear but I am impressed initially! Very happy the ride did not get harsh going from 17" to 19"
Old 12-24-2009, 12:16 AM

I agree with above. I have extremely stiff racing (bilstein lvl 2) suspension, and I thought going from 17s to 19s was going to be difficult. I got these tires, and the ride...actually got better.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Turns out this company is owned by Michelin if you guys didn't know.

Im looking at getting a set of wheels from OE wheels and these are they tires that come on there just curious of how they are.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 275/40/17 Nexen n7000's and I think they are great. Treadwear isn't noticeable and I've driven on them for about 5,000 miles. However I am looking to switch up my rims and if I bump up to 18's I will consider the n3000's.

n3000 - Ultra high performance summer tire
n7000 - Ultra high performance all season tire

I have a set of steelies and snow tires for the winter months up here, so I'd like a little more aggressive summer tire.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

We have been using them for years on our wheel and tire packages. Mostly Mustangs and 17 vette wheels. We do a ton of 245/275 and i mean tons of them a month and have had very very few complaints.(can't please everyone i guess) n3000
Give us a call for fast service!
(866) 273 - 3651

Check out our wheels!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

I have to chime in here fwiw. I have Nexens on my Mazda 6 and I am very disappointed with them. Not sure which model Nexen they are off hand but they are directional "all weather" tire.
#1 the winter traction is non-existant compared to the Continental Contisports I had prior.
#2 Wet traction is very poor comparatively speaking.
#3 The tires are a huge PITA trying to keep "Black" The Nittos on my Formula stay black no matter what...Nexens turn brown after a week of normal driving. And I mean...BROWN. If you want to armor all them every other day Im sure it wouldnt be a problem.

I will say when I first bought the tires they impressed me. After 10k or so miles they have turned to ****. They were cheap and they ....roll...but pretty much in this case...I got what I paid for.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you 100% Josh.. For the money IMO they are by far the best bang for the buck. Even for a H/C car I get pretty decent traction. From a dig I get nothing as expected for a 4000 converter car and what not. But from a roll they do surprisingly well (I'm sure full suspension helps as well though). Everyone is surprised that rides in my car for how well it hooks on the street and the time it runs at the track.

They are also on my RPM 505s but in 18". 255 up front IIRC and 275 out back. Will probably buy a 295 next time out back though.
They have a very appealing tread pattern and the sidewall is nice looking as stated previously.

I have put give or take 5k miles on mine in all weather types, they have met or exceeded my expectations in all conditions.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by veddersbetter
I have to chime in here fwiw. I have Nexens on my Mazda 6 and I am very disappointed with them. Not sure which model Nexen they are off hand but they are directional "all weather" tire.
#1 the winter traction is non-existant compared to the Continental Contisports I had prior.
#2 Wet traction is very poor comparatively speaking.
#3 The tires are a huge PITA trying to keep "Black" The Nittos on my Formula stay black no matter what...Nexens turn brown after a week of normal driving. And I mean...BROWN. If you want to armor all them every other day Im sure it wouldnt be a problem.

I will say when I first bought the tires they impressed me. After 10k or so miles they have turned to ****. They were cheap and they ....roll...but pretty much in this case...I got what I paid for.

can you please find out what model nexens you have just curious to know?
Give us a call for fast service!
(866) 273 - 3651

Check out our wheels!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have around 15,000 miles on mine and they have been holding up great. I don't drive my car in the snow, but being in the Pacific Northwest I have driven in lots of cold weather and rain. They hook up great in the rain really. They are wearing great except for the 4 flat spots I have in them from doing 360's at the drag strip haha I still run em though! I'm running the 275/40-17's, it was funny I bought 4 of these off ebay shipped from Florida to Washington state for $100-$200 cheaper than any local tire strores could do it.

They do suck at the drag strip but do good on the street. If you are serious about the track just make sure you have another set of wheels. Actually they are down right dangerous at the drag strip (hence my 100 mph spinout).
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Just ran out and checked. They are N3000 and were sold to me as "all season" tires. Appearantly the 3000s arent and it is very noticable. Snow traction is horrible and with this nasty midwest winter Im really feelin it.

If anyone needs any 215/50/17 tires I may have some available soon lol
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

i just ordered 2 of these for my fronts in 275/40/17. from what ive read here they are decent tires. ill post back with what i feel about them once i get them mounted. although, front tires dont matter as much as rears.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

have them on the front and cant say i hate them...they work alot better then the zr1's thats for sure
Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Would you guys mind posting up what sizes you have and the prices? Probably post where you got them as well if you remember..

Nexan N-3000
275/18 - 145$ Ea.
245/18 - 119$ Ea.

Free shipping

http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/index...59046d2a61e437
Side-note, for anyone thinking of dealing with that company, they are A+!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

I run them on the front of my GXP...I like'em for the price.

Quick Reply: Nexen N3000 Owners, Your Thoughts?