Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Fikse USA - Official Word

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fikse USA - Official Word

Many of you may remember me as the Fikse wheel contact on this forum board, under a different user name. I wanted to post this info up as I've seen a lot of uncertain buzz about Fikse on the threads in this forum. Fact is, Fikse USA has unfortunately gone out of business as of September, 2009. This is a fate that had been coming for them since early 2008, when I was laid off as a result of the company's condition. Since then, the decline sadly continued until the doors locked.

To those of you that own and utilize these wheels, don't let this make you feel as though you invested in a poor product - I can assure you this isn't the case. The reason for the company's downfall, from what I saw, was a lack of available investor capitol, down economy, and participation in Grand Am racing. That last reason may sound funny, but believe me, there is negative profit in building race wheels for professional race teams - I can't tell you how many wheel sets had to be given away to remain competitive with the likes of BBS. Think of it as you and a couple of your closest friends trying to create and manufacture a sports car that would compete against the Corvette in the world market... If you understand the economical priciple of increasing returns to scale, you know what I mean.

In any case, I just picked up another C5 Z06, hence the reason for my return presence here. If anyone has any technical questions about their Fikses, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you in any way I can.

Glad to be back!

Danny G.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this for good? Or when things pick back up come back? Sucks cus I really want some FM5s..
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Is this for good? Or when things pick back up come back? Sucks cus I really want some FM5s..
As far as I know, yes.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read this today....

Kodiak Motorsports Inc. Acquires Fikse Brand.
Photo: Grand American Road Racing
(Abbotsford, BC) – January 8, 2010.
Kodiak Motorsports Inc. announces the acquisition of Fikse assets. Kodiak Motorsports Inc. has been in the wheel business for over 10 years. No stranger to high performance, Kodiak supports countless professional race teams in both the US and Canada with their race wheel needs. Fikse Wheels will be the perfect addition and the two brands will compliment each other perfectly. “I plan to deliver the same high quality wheels Fikse customers have enjoyed for years but with a new and refreshing business model.” says owner Daryle Redlin, “It’s a great opportunity to continually advance the state of the art – while also offering industry-leading customer service and support.” Fikse Wheels is targeted to launch into full production on March 1st 2010. The company will offer the same timeless wheel styles as before but with many new fitments and styles coming online as well. Be on the lookout for the very long awaited 19” and 20” modular and monobloc fitments from Fikse Wheels. On a familiar note, Will Anthis will remain Sales Manager for Fikse Wheels. “I am excited to have the opportunity to continue offering sales and service for a product I truly believe is the best money can buy.” says Will. Fikse Wheels manufactures modular and monobloc wheels for motorsport, aftermarket, and original equipment customers.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Danny, it looks like the doors got unlocked.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Good to know they will be coming back, I want mine widened LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

^^^ and I want to buy your wheels lol.. I think Im ganna go a different route..something not too many people do..Hopefully It happens before Spring..but I gotta get a rearend first..
Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
^^^ and I want to buy your wheels lol.. I think Im ganna go a different route..something not too many people do..Hopefully It happens before Spring..but I gotta get a rearend first..
I know I know, I want to sell them but then I go down to the shop and look at them and just can't bring myself to do it!!!! LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Its all good dude..I think Ill like what I got in mind bette rand its different..one day Ill own some Fm5s..lol
Old 01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Choosing to continue in Grand Am racing is one thing, but giving wheels away to stay "competitive" doesn't make much business sense. To use your example, that's like building a car to compete with the Corvette on a world stage, then giving it away for free and deluding yourself to the belief you're making money or somehow it will magically help you make money.

My company sponsors stunt riders with product to get the name out, let people associate it with the company etc. But if we were to take our focus off what actually makes us money (every day riders) and just focus on sponsoring we'd be like Fikse and closing the doors, although I wouldn't be shafting customers with outstanding orders.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

I think if they didnt cost almost 1000 a wheel they sell more sets.. Am i wrong? CCW's are the same or better quality and they run about 500-700 a wheel for fbody and vette fitments.. Just sayin.. And you see alot more CCW's out there.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Having owned both Fikse and CCW. Fikse quality is definitely better (when it comes to the faces). The faces of my FM/10's make the faces of my Classics seem cheap. The machine work on the Fikse's are just better. However, they cost twice the price, so they should be.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm curious...Did the Fikse wheels seal the rim shells to the center with o-rings or did they have a machined groove in the center, that accepted an o-ring, which created the seal?

If they had an o-ring seal, I could see why the wheels cost more than most, as the extra machining cost money. If however, they used silicone, as the CCWs do, then I'd agree with "TrakJunky", that they simply priced themselves out of the market, compared to a company such as CCW.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Silicone on mine. I don't think the wheels were over priced, the quality is definitely superior to CCW. I think that they simply engaged too deep in activities that were not revenue generating. ADV.1 and many wheels offered from Forged Collection are much more expensive than Fikse's were. It seems Fikse wanted 2 markets, the racing world and the public. Unless you're huge, you won't survive trying to satisfy both.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zbugger
I just read this today....
That, sir, is just crazy... Great news! But crazy that this news would come out the day I made this post...
Old 01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Launching!

thier wheels are awesome and great quality but yes 4-5k on some wheels then having to buy tires yikes!!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Iv never been lucky enough to own either..But I can say..just for wheels..Id never buy a set of wheels that was $3500-4000 new plus tires..thats nuts. Yes they are one of the best looking wheels but I can drool over pics for that price..Im young..just turned 21..trying to go to school, work full time(part time now) pay for a my junker..its hard to find that much money for wheels..I guess Ill just keep dreaming..If I was working like I was out of High School..Id probably own a set..but times have changed lol
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's just amazing how much the wheel world changed, 10 years ago if you wanted high end wheels, you had Fikse or HRE, that's it. Now the market almost seems flooded.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gixxer75094lt1
thier wheels are awesome and great quality but yes 4-5k on some wheels then having to buy tires yikes!!
i totally agree..
i want a set of the fikse FM5 wheels, but they're priced too high. to me, that's money that could go a long way in other places (procharger).

i like the fm5 wheels since they're so light.

on a side note... anyone know who makes a cheap (don't care how shitty it looks) lightweight rim for these cars that will fit a 275/40/17 (or wider) tire?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

My Street Lites are kind alight..prob 19 to 20 lbs for a 17x11in wheel I dont think thats too bad..Kinda cheap..

Quick Reply: Fikse USA - Official Word