Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Door sticker said 10 spokes from slp... but this doesnt look good....(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI your ASB and traction control are not going to be happy . . . the computer wants the OD of the tire to be close to the same OD front and rear.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, thats a 25.5" front tire, and a 26.75" rear tire...
if u wanted same size sidewalls, y didn't u get a 245/35x19 front, and a 285/30x19 rear?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Say no to rubber band tires.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt worry about washing it compared to what the wheels look like i mean mine has a dent in the quarter and a busted up front bumper and mine gets washed twice if not three times a week. i would wash it to save it before all that stuff starts eatin away at the paint
Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
i wouldnt worry about washing it compared to what the wheels look like i mean mine has a dent in the quarter and a busted up front bumper and mine gets washed twice if not three times a week. i would wash it to save it before all that stuff starts eatin away at the paint
it's just dirt. If I wash the car, Im trying to make an SS with hideous z28 16" stockers look good. Im embarassed as it is. It can wait 2 days. I wash my vette after every drive, I'm used to it.

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Say no to rubber band tires.
So you say no to sex appeal? No to Ferrari? No to Lamborghini? No to Audi? No to the corvette ZR1? Please. keep your 50s bias ply image American balloon tire style in the past.

Originally Posted by someday
yeah, thats a 25.5" front tire, and a 26.75" rear tire...
if u wanted same size sidewalls, y didn't u get a 245/35x19 front, and a 285/30x19 rear?
rears are 20" . May sound as simple as that but different brands have those as the same height and some a different height. I run 265/30/19 and 315/25/19 on my c4.

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
FYI your ASB and traction control are not going to be happy . . . the computer wants the OD of the tire to be close to the same OD front and rear.
No Traction Control. I understand about ABS and looking good > abs light.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

I will say if I don't like the look of the 20 on the rear I will remove the wheels and sell them and probably buy iforged or ccws. I think I can pull it off because I have a cme on the rear which sort of looks like a skirt, and I will lower it quite a bit. I went with a #200 rear spring to make sure I'm not riding on the bump stops much. Might ride like **** but oh well as long as it handles nice on smooth roads and looks good I'm happy.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Teching In

I know what tire stretch IS, I was just hoping my definition and your definition weren't the same. Tire stretching is new huge "fad" among 240 owners and vw guys, i'm talking 245 on a 10" wheel. I hope you mean proper fitment, like maybe the tire even with the lip, not the lip sticking out past the tire...
Old 08-13-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Cool

Here's the few pics i quickly took before I left the wheels with my vette at my parents'. remember that the current ride height is lower than with the 17s that I sold because the winter tires are really small. 225 55 16 i think. With a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap between the fender and top of the tire the car in the rear should sit not much higher than in the pic (hopefully) or it will look like a 4x4.
I resisted the temptation to throw on a bit of tire shine as the rubber preservative coating was still on the tires.

I do kind of miss the 35th anniv wheels. it did look good with them on although the only way I would have kept them is if they were 19", at least 10" wide in the back and had a better offset in the rear.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 9cobra4
I know what tire stretch IS, I was just hoping my definition and your definition weren't the same. Tire stretching is new huge "fad" among 240 owners and vw guys, i'm talking 245 on a 10" wheel. I hope you mean proper fitment, like maybe the tire even with the lip, not the lip sticking out past the tire...
I totally hear ya. Figured you knew what it was it's kind of self explanatory, I was just trying to be helpful if anyone didnt. I'm pretty **** about fitment myself. I do like that look on vws etc ( sold all 3 sets of my old c4 sawblades to golf/jetta owners who did that).

I would never try a or even want a 'stretched' look on a 4th gen. The car is just too big. I think i pushed my own luck going this smal. I might have liked a bit bigger sidewall but just couldnt afford a higher ride height in fear of the 4x4 look (gap between rocker panel and ground).
Old 08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
I totally hear ya. Figured you knew what it was it's kind of self explanatory, I was just trying to be helpful if anyone didnt. I'm pretty **** about fitment myself. I do like that look on vws etc ( sold all 3 sets of my old c4 sawblades to golf/jetta owners who did that).

I would never try a or even want a 'stretched' look on a 4th gen. The car is just too big. I think i pushed my own luck going this smal. I might have liked a bit bigger sidewall but just couldnt afford a higher ride height in fear of the 4x4 look (gap between rocker panel and ground).
I don't see how it would be self explanatory when there's multiple definitions lol but anyway, i'd say your set-up on the HRE's is pretty damn close to perfect. Looks good.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
its august, i knows its not -10 up there. wash that thing before it rusts!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Guess what came in !!!! My GC coilovers woohooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just picked em up. Will be trying to get them on ASAP!!!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Just letting everyone know who was subscribed.. ill be posting a thread in abut an hour while I select all the pics while I work. Car looks absolutely phenomenal =)