Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

best and safest spacer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best and safest spacer

I need a 18mm spacer for the rear. Just wondering which are best.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used BAER spacers, but what you're looking for falls between their 5/8" and 3/4" options
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I want a flat one and buy longer studs or a spacer with new studs on them? Which is safer?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Alright bro, this is my answer to your question. I to was in your shoes awhile back. Long story short I realized I can get away with 19X11 rims larger lip FTW. In the near future I'll be sending my rims in for a larger barrel swap(2 piece). Temporary fix for now, I'm using HR's track plus hub centric adaptors. In hopes of clearing my stock studs and not having to grind them. I went with a 30mm, glad I did because I would have had to grind my stock studs down into the thread. And I sure as hell wasn't gonna have any of that.lmao Could have really sufficed for the 24mm but like I said, no thanks. Ever since I installed them, followed instructions(have to check the nuts after a 100 miles)removed wheels to check the nuts. They were still on super tight and snug couldn't even torque em any further. After this, all my paranoia went away quietly. Now with that being said if you go with the brand I'm using. And from seeing what you need you will fall under 3 choices unfortunately they do not carry an 18mm(link provided below). And for that size you will be using a spacer. That being said I cannnot tell you if you will be needing longer studs. I'm sure the same follows suit though, in that if you can get 11 or more turns on your lugnuts you should be ok. Again I cannot be accountable for this info if you totally understood what I explained, OK?...LMAO

http://www.trakplus.com/
Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good. Looks like the h&r are talked about a lot so they can't be that bad. Just don't want my wheel flying off. Also paranoid about buying the wrong size spacer as well.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there a way to measure what size spacer I need before I spend money on a set?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Well man, to be honest. It is like modding more or less you have to know what you want. To get where you want. I'm definitely not a pro of either appearance and going fast, but I know what I like and do what I want. I don't know if you can tell from my ride that it's prolly on the most not liked list. But I don't give a dam what people think.lol Alright getting that outta the to set you up for this next question. What are you trying to do? Are you putting spacers on for appearance purposes, or for functionality. You mentioned up top you need 18mm I'm not a pro like I mentioned so there is really no way I can tell you if your going to need longer studs. If thats what I think your getting at. I was really more or less helping you somewhat from my experiences. From what I had to do to fulfill my needs. Basically if 18mm is what you know you need already. Might aswell just get em, then go from there, or go down the next size because. From the link I gave you they didn't have an 18mm rather a 15mm. In all practicality, if you have a goal you want to get to. It would really be alot easier on you.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just want them not to rub without sticking out too far. The rims have a 68 offset and was told my stock ws6 rims were 50 offset that's how I got to 18. Just don't want to waste 150 dollars on a set that won't fit
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Launching!

motorsport-tech!! PERIOD! Talk to Junior, done deal
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will call him today thanks