Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cooper Zeon RS3-S vs. Nitto 555's for a spring/summer DD

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cooper Zeon RS3-S vs. Nitto 555's for a spring/summer DD

I'm getting some 17 inch TTM's for my T/A and I'm trying to decide between these two tire's. The car gets driven rain or shine from just after all of the snow is gone till just before it comes back, and also gets taken to the drag strip 2-3 times a year just for fun. I'd be leaning more toward the Coopers so I could rotate them right to left but they'll also cost me $155 more. I'd also be interested in the M/T Street Comps but I can't find a good price in them in a wheel tire package.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Im in the market for some new shoes for my 97 Vert. There's a website firewheels.com or wheelsfire.com that has some nice prices on wheels and tires. No promises but check it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks but they don't have the wheels I want and it looks like the get there great pricing from really narrow off brand tires on there wheels. Delinte 225/40/18's not cool.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt. Someone's got to have something to say about these tire.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've been having really good success with both the RS3-S and RS3-A. They both have a very smooth ride plus excellent traction in both wet and dry. Plus, you can rotate side to side to maximize life. As far as the M/T street comp, Cooper actually makes those and they are almost identical to the RS3-S. Bang for the buck, the RS3-S is the way to go for a summer tire.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tread Depot
We've been having really good success with both the RS3-S and RS3-A. They both have a very smooth ride plus excellent traction in both wet and dry. Plus, you can rotate side to side to maximize life. As far as the M/T street comp, Cooper actually makes those and they are almost identical to the RS3-S. Bang for the buck, the RS3-S is the way to go for a summer tire.
I noticed that they were almost the same tire and that Cooper made M/T's, thats what led me to wanting them after I couldn't find a good price on the M/T's in a wheel tire combo. I actually got a quote from you the other day, I didn't even know you where a sponsor here. Do you offer a discount for LS1Tech members by chance?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fry_
Do you offer a discount for LS1Tech members by chance?
We try to help out the forum members when we can. We don't have a specific discount, we do them on an order by order basis. Honestly, a lot of times our prices are so low that we really don't have any wiggle room on them.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Those RS3-A look like good all around tires, I like the higher tread life rating over the -S plus they are a couple lbs lighter. I may have to pick some up in the spring for my 18s. There aren't a lot of options out there for staggered sizes that you can still at least rotate side to side.

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon RS3-S vs. Nitto 555's for a spring/summer DD