Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Right front sticks out further than left front help

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Right front sticks out further than left front help

As the title states my right front sticks out past the fender considerably more than my left front. I just noticed this today after all the snow here when I took it to get washed. Any ideas? Maybe alignment issue?

PICS ADDED POST #4

Last edited by BennyB; 03-04-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your driving your Firebird in the snow? N/G. Depends were its sticking out, top or bottom of the tire (camber) front or back of the tire (toe in or out) either way the only good answer for that is to go to a shop and get it on the alignment rack.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Angry

Originally Posted by MertezWS6
Your driving your Firebird in the snow? N/G. Depends were its sticking out, top or bottom of the tire (camber) front or back of the tire (toe in or out) either way the only good answer for that is to go to a shop and get it on the alignment rack.
Lol no snow is gone now. Yeah I think it's camber bc top sticks out is what appears to be. I have some pics so I'll get them uploaded soon
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did the exact same thing. I tried everything from getting alignment, changing springs to replacing shocks. The final remedy was changing the K member. The stock one didnt have anything wrong with it from what I was told when the shop pulled it out. It just sat funny. Drove me nuts for more than a couple of years. BTW, the car drove straight as an arrow the whole time it was like that too.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

You end up going to a tubular k member? I've been thinking about doing this for a while, might be the next thing I do now
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmm.... hard to tell from the pics, it looks like the whole tire itself is out a lil further not just the top. Silver might be right on that k member, it does not look like camber, more like the whole thing is moved over a little. I guess as long as it does not pull you should be alright. You cant go wrong with a aftermarket k member, I have a tubular k member and adjustable lower control arms I could see that helping in this case. Nice car BTW.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MertezWS6
Hmmmmmm.... hard to tell from the pics, it looks like the whole tire itself is out a lil further not just the top. Silver might be right on that k member, it does not look like camber, more like the whole thing is moved over a little. I guess as long as it does not pull you should be alright. You cant go wrong with a aftermarket k member, I have a tubular k member and adjustable lower control arms I could see that helping in this case. Nice car BTW.
I am very particular and I'm going to try and not let this bother me or for a while at least until I'm able to get an aftermarket k member. I might try an alignment anyway in the mean time bc it's been 6 years since the cars seen an alignment rack so I'm sure it could use it. Thanks for the kind words as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It is very unlikely, but it could be worth a shot to swap the wheels from side to side to make sure its not the rims. Again extremely unlikely, but could one side have a spacer on it? I assume the car has never been in an accident?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by z-camaro
It is very unlikely, but it could be worth a shot to swap the wheels from side to side to make sure its not the rims. Again extremely unlikely, but could one side have a spacer on it? I assume the car has never been in an accident?
No accidents that I'm aware or and I'm going to swap the wheels around just to eliminate that possibility
Old 03-08-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I should also mention the k member/ whole subframe has been out of the car and back in so possibility it's not in there straight and narrow...

Quick Reply: Right front sticks out further than left front help