Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Plastidipping C5 wheels post pics please

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastidipping C5 wheels post pics please

So I'm going to be plasting my wheels soon. Looking for color options and suggestions. Right now I'm pretty set on regular black or gunmetal grey.
I'd like for as many people as possible to post pics of their plastidipped wheels.
If anyone has C5s that would be great since thats what I have. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

No one...?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Teching In

go to dipyourcar.com and go to the forums to see different plastidip color options.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

I know what colors are available... I just wanted to see examples on a f-body. This thread is old too I already did mine black a while ago.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pics because nobody uses that crap on nice cars.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93BlackZ28
Actually theres a sticky in the paint & body section about plastidip in which theres tons of f-bodies with dipped wheels and other parts... So I guess all f-bodies including the one you drive are not nice cars then according to you.

It looks good for the most part when done right and peels off if you don't like it. I don't see how that makes it crap, and it's good for people who want to see how a color would look on their car on their wheels before paying to have them powder coated.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ironic considering there are quite a few threads on this forum about plasti-dip.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Actually theres a sticky in the paint & body section about plastidip in which theres tons of f-bodies with dipped wheels and other parts... So I guess all f-bodies including the one you drive are not nice cars then according to you.

It looks good for the most part when done right and peels off if you don't like it. I don't see how that makes it crap, and it's good for people who want to see how a color would look on their car on their wheels before paying to have them powder coated.
That's funny, I don't remember posting pictures of my car in that thread... I can see people doing emblems, grilles, and little stuff like that, but other than that IMO it's just ghetto and looks trashy. Almost every car I have seen with plasti-dipped wheels or body panels looks terrible.

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Ironic considering there are quite a few threads on this forum about plasti-dip.
Doesn't make it right.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking about doing my wheels just to see if I wanted them in black, if I liked it I would get them powder coated
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Teching In

I still don't get how people can intentionally do this to their rides. Yet I've seen it done from junk cars to very high-end exotics. In my eyes its a ugly fad (5" coffee can (rice) muffler, neon, dash crown, front end bra, 3-spoke wheels, Milli Vanilli, ect...).

sopes, you make a good point
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Good way to use plasti-dip... IMO

Originally Posted by zerogravity779
Plastidip on the rear bumper cover (CETA) and the Trans AM badges. The best part was NOT removing badges, not having to reapply tape, and NOT makeing sure they are lined up perfectly. Also did the front license plate cover. dipped the firebird portion in black. No pic yet, just did it a few days ago. So far this stuff has held up great for three months. No chipping, pealing, and holds up to a wash!!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Launching!

I'm planning on doing the inside of my wheels behind the spokes. I have stock SS wheels.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's funny, I don't remember posting pictures of my car in that thread... I can see people doing emblems, grilles, and little stuff like that, but other than that IMO it's just ghetto and looks trashy. Almost every car I have seen with plasti-dipped wheels or body panels looks terrible.

Doesn't make it right.
Originally Posted by SS67SS
I still don't get how people can intentionally do this to their rides. Yet I've seen it done from junk cars to very high-end exotics. In my eyes its a ugly fad (5" coffee can (rice) muffler, neon, dash crown, front end bra, 3-spoke wheels, Milli Vanilli, ect...).
Could not agree more..... Keep up the fight guys!!

Originally Posted by sopes
I was thinking about doing my wheels just to see if I wanted them in black, if I liked it I would get them powder coated
And thats the only use for it. It's a great tool to mock up an idea.

Permanent use otherwise suggests, you don't know better, you're cheap, or you have commitment issues and simply don't have the ***** to do it right. To make things worse the majority stands behind the weak point of "well if I don't like it, I can always peel it off...." . Well, why in the ___ck did you do it in the first place?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

I work with a bunch of Ricer kids and they all have their cars done in diff. sections and wow it looks like crap after one trip down the road, I can appreciate their hard work but it should not go with something you value and spend more than a couple grand on buying. And just for the record the guys here realize my LS1 will destroy their 4 cylinders even with their "race mods"

Quick Reply: Plastidipping C5 wheels post pics please