Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

2012 Camaro tire repair issue...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Camaro tire repair issue...

Gents,
My wife has a 2012 Camaro with about 15k on the clock. I went out last week to wash it and noticed about a half dollar size lump in one of the rear tires...definitely not normal for the tire..

We bought this car new with 12 miles on it...this is the first time I've ever had to even think about taking a car back for a warranty issue. Would a tire issue like this be covered under warranty or would I just have to end up taking it to a tire place and see what they say?

Thanks for any input.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

What brand tire is it? Should be under the tire warranty .
Old 11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
What brand tire is it? Should be under the tire warranty .
It's a Pirelli PZERO...but hence my question...since I didn't buy the tires from a tire shop, would it go back to the dealer to resolve it?

I'm thinking tires should have a least a basic warranty on them of some sort on a new vehicle.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel76
It's a Pirelli PZERO...but hence my question...since I didn't buy the tires from a tire shop, would it go back to the dealer to resolve it?

I'm thinking tires should have a least a basic warranty on them of some sort on a new vehicle.
There should be a brochure in the glove compartment detailing any tire warranty given by Chevrolet/Pirelli on an OE tire.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=leadfoot4;17847861]There should be a brochure in the glove compartment detailing any tire warranty given by Chevrolet/Pirelli on an OE tire.[/QU

Thanks...I'll take a look for it.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check with dealer to see what the warranty is on the tires. If it has a lump in it, that usually indicates one of the steel belts have broken in the tire and should be replaced under the manufacturer's warranty if it is within the mileage. They may prorate it though.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alexus6798
Check with dealer to see what the warranty is on the tires. If it has a lump in it, that usually indicates one of the steel belts have broken in the tire and should be replaced under the manufacturer's warranty if it is within the mileage. They may prorate it though.
Thanks again...I'm calling the dealer today to see what they say about it. Appreciate the responses.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

It sounds like its a road hazard. When bottoming out on a pot hole it will cause a small cut in the sidewall on the inside of the tire. The air pushing through creates a bubble. Unfortunately its not covered under warranty. Hopefully its another issue and something thats covered.

Quick Reply: 2012 Camaro tire repair issue...