Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Going full time all out?! Street/Track set up

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going full time all out?! Street/Track set up

What up guys, Im fixing my car now but this has been something that has been always been annoying me for quite some time now. Every time I go to the track my cousin drives another car with the tools and Bogarts/slicks so we can switch them at the track and back. Honestly Im kinda wanting to just get rid of all this process of driving 2 cars switching wheels storing them cramped up in another car so they wont be stolen, then at the end of the night switch them back. Then get home at @1:00am take all the tools and Bogarts off the car and wrap them up in plastic bags (I live in apartment) so I can store them again.

Im thinking of possibly buying a set of 15x10 /15x4 wheels for all out street and track use. Set them up with some MT ET STREET RADIAL (SORRY WROTE THE WRONG TIRE TYPE) and have a lot more traction street racing and less headache at the track. This way I can just drive to the track have fun and go home and rest and still be able to do some street fun with a lot more traction.

Anyone has gone through this ordeal and wanna help with some suggestions? Maybe Pics of your set up if you can. Thanks

Last edited by bboyxclub; 12-23-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: SORRY WROTE THE WROTE TYPE OF TIRE. I MEANT MT ET STREET RADIALS
Old 12-05-2013, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

I'd get sick of doing that too. Well you should probably let everyone know your mods and how much power your car is making...
Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not run the Bogarts on the street? I know you need new tires, but it would save you some money and you could sell the street wheel setup you have now.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arent most Bogart technically "not suitable for street use". You best know the route like the back of you hand and dodge the **** out of any potholes, those things are to expensive to bend up. If your an automatic, go radial and don't look back IMO.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry for not replying I was on vacation.

My current setup is about to change going 383ci with big cam and tfs 215. Im still staying with a 28inch tire , Idk if I would be going bigger than that and yes my car is a M6. Idk how street radials would do since Ive always run on slicks on the track.

and yes Bogarts are supposedly full strip rims and are said to bend with potholes. So instead of possibly messing up these rims I would rather just buy rims for street/strip duty.

so what has worked for you guys???
Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I went with these... https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...l#post17871067 see post 31,36 and 39
Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

I don't get how drag rims bend so easily with potholes but can withstand huge wheelies
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the force from hitting a pothole can be so fast and the pressure is very high, as it applies the force to such a small area. A car that pulls the wheels up doesn't shock a small part of the rim, it applies to force to a larger area.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

M6? I don't think you will be happy with radials. I have the same dilemma and refuse to swap wheels at the track anymore since it's such a pain. Rear tires aren't an issue at all since there are some good options with Hoosier, MT and M&H. You will want bias ply tires with tubes in the rear for highway stability. I have run tubeless before as a track only car and it wasn't an issue but bias without tubes on the street is dangerous plus the tire will last longer. Front tires on the other hand is a problem - I have never found a light weight bias skinny front tire that lasts on the street. I currently run radials on the front and Hoosier QTP on the rear - which comes along with a little instability.

I have been tempted to try the MT Sportsman on the front but haven't yet. Good luck and I will stay tuned to see what you discover as a solution.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

SHT SORRY I THINK IM GIVING THE WRONG IDEA. I noticed I wrote in the first post Drag Radial. I was refering to the MT ET Street Radial!!! so I can drive them on the street all the time!!! REALLY SORRY!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ragtopz28
I went with these... https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...l#post17871067 see post 31,36 and 39
THAT is a VERY NICE set up you got there man. How do you like it so far??? Does it hook good on the street??? How about the track you got some numbers already?? It would be pretty interesting to see your 60's before and after!!

To all you guys I think Im gonna go throw with it. Once I get the car fixed gonna buy those rims and get some P275/60R15 Street Radial or maybe bigger???
Old 12-24-2013, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyxclub
THAT is a VERY NICE set up you got there man. How do you like it so far??? Does it hook good on the street??? How about the track you got some numbers already?? It would be pretty interesting to see your 60's before and after!!

To all you guys I think Im gonna go throw with it. Once I get the car fixed gonna buy those rims and get some P275/60R15 Street Radial or maybe bigger???
Love the look and ride better than previous. Have not stabbed it from a dead stop, but 5-10 roll they hook! Only 4 passes at track so far, all dead hooked (@ 25psi !!), motor only. 1.72 60' @ full weight and >1/2 tank.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ragtopz28
Love the look and ride better than previous. Have not stabbed it from a dead stop, but 5-10 roll they hook! Only 4 passes at track so far, all dead hooked (@ 25psi !!), motor only. 1.72 60' @ full weight and >1/2 tank.
Damn Im sold !!! Going with something like this !! Tired of switching stuff at the track

Quick Reply: Going full time all out?! Street/Track set up