Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone??
Old 03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Teching In

I was tired of looking like everyone else with TT2s or corvette wheels. I changed over to Hurst Dazzler w/Lip.
I'm running 17x9 in the front with Nitto 555ZR 275/40 and 17x10.5 in the back with 315/35.

TT2s:

Hurst Dazzler w/Lip: I think the Black and chrome compliments the car nicely.

Last edited by AKGrownTA; 03-23-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AKGrownTA
I was tired of looking like everyone else with TT2s or corvette wheels. I changed over to Hurst Dazzler w/Lip.
I'm running 17x9 in the front with Nitto 555ZR 275/40 and 17x10.5 in the back with 315/35.

TT2s:

Hurst Dazzler w/Lip: I think the Black and chrome compliments the car nicely.
Both those setups look great. I do personally like those hurst wheels on your car. Good choice. I feel the same way about the tt2's and vette wheels in a way. I do want to stand out more with a different wheel setup. I would like to stick with chrome and 18"-19" size wheel. But idk much on what is out there that would look good with my cars setup.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks. There are so many choices out there. It took me 4 months to decide on the Hurst wheels. Cost was the ultimate decider. Have you checked into Billet Specialty wheels? I really like some of their options in the Street Smart Line - specifically the Fast Lane wheel. It's a challenge looking for wheels. Ultimately go with what you like!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AKGrownTA
Thanks. There are so many choices out there. It took me 4 months to decide on the Hurst wheels. Cost was the ultimate decider. Have you checked into Billet Specialty wheels? I really like some of their options in the Street Smart Line - specifically the Fast Lane wheel. It's a challenge looking for wheels. Ultimately go with what you like!
Just checked out that wheel site. They do have a lot of wheels I like. Sadly a few hundred bucks out of my price range.. But I'll keep looking. I might just have to suck it up and go with 18's. even though I think 19's would look good considering the extra body panels (groud effects). 18's look a lot better on stock bodies imo.

Anyone running with ground effects that could share their setup??
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

18 -19 tires are far from cheap,
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on what wheels would look good with my car. Winter is finally over and I have the money to get rid of these ugly *** rims.. As you can see.
Here's a few quick photshops of wheels I already had pics of. I can't tell you the wheel specs other than names, but these are all 5x120.7 and/or 5x120's, so they should all fit but may need spacers. I tried to do them in an 18/19 range:

Ugly *** 20" wheels:

2010 Camaro wheels:

Avant Garde M310:

Avant Garde M550:

Inovit Speed:

MB Old School:
Old 03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67rally
Here's a few quick photshops of wheels I already had pics of. I can't tell you the wheel specs other than names, but these are all 5x120.7 and/or 5x120's, so they should all fit but may need spacers. I tried to do them in an 18/19 range:

Ugly *** 20" wheels:

2010 Camaro wheels:

Avant Garde M310:

Avant Garde M550:

Inovit Speed:

MB Old School:
Thanks for doing this! I don't have photoshop on my phone and that's what I use when I'm on here. But I really like the M310's and those MB old school's. I really like the fact the MB's are similar color to my car. Looks sweet imo, never considered colored wheels. Unless that was suppose to be chrome? Either way they are all great setups! Happen to remember what these wheel's?
Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for doing this! I don't have photoshop on my phone and that's what I use when I'm on here. But I really like the M310's and those MB old school's. I really like the fact the MB's are similar color to my car. Looks sweet imo, never considered colored wheels. Unless that was suppose to be chrome? Either way they are all great setups! Happen to remember what these wheel's?
No problem. The MB Old School's are gunmetal with a polished lip. They are very affordable and a nice change from the TT's. The Avant Garde's are popular with the BMW and Audi crowd, and a step above the typical knock off's.

Not sure what your last sentence was asking.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Launching!

No problem. The MB Old School's are gunmetal with a polished lip. They are very affordable and a nice change from the TT's. The Avant Garde's are popular with the BMW and Audi crowd, and a step above the typical knock off's.

Not sure what your last sentence was asking.
Oh okay, makes sense now. But they are still a cool design, I will consider those wheels for sure. The M310's seem unique, that's why I like them as well. And sorry I ment to say "do you remember what these wheel's cost?" Didn't realize I didn't finish my sentence, sorry about that. Lol
Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh okay, makes sense now. But they are still a cool design, I will consider those wheels for sure. The M310's seem unique, that's why I like them as well. And sorry I ment to say "do you remember what these wheel's cost?" Didn't realize I didn't finish my sentence, sorry about that. Lol
I like the M310's, we looked at them for my wife's car. They're around $900 for a set of 4. MB's are around $700 for 4, I almost put those on my '67 Camaro.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Launching!

I like the M310's, we looked at them for my wife's car. They're around $900 for a set of 4. MB's are around $700 for 4, I almost put those on my '67 Camaro.
Those would look good on your camaro, but also love the current setup too. I love the both those wheels. I might consider the MB's for my 79 vette as well. Only problem is budget. I'm looking to spend at least $1200-1300 on wheels and tires. Tires are what is going to kill my budget considering tires for 19's are not that much cheaper than 20's.. Hopefully I'll find some cheaper ones. If not I guess I'll have to wait a few more months to have the money.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Launching!

I did happen to find some other 5 spoke wheels called "M104's" some others as well. Sadly, they don't make them in 19", only 18" and 20". I think 18's would look too small. I think 19's would be perfect, but looks like I might have to settle with 18's. I'll post pics of the wheels here in a bit.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on what wheels would look good with my car. Winter is finally over and I have the money to get rid of these ugly *** rims.. As you can see.

I didn't buy any new ones sooner due to the fact I didn't want to ruin my new wheels from the salted roads. But now I'm ready to trash these ugly 20's and go for a smaller size rim. I was thinking along the lines of 18-19" rims. As for finish, I have no idea. Some said go with gun metal, some said chrome, some said polished. So I figure I'd ask you guys what would make this car look better wheel wise. I'm also getting a new pin stripe over the exsisting one that is stuck on that will run all the way to the back. I'd like to match that stripe with a wheel setup (color wise).

My budget is about 1200 for wheels AND tires. I would kinda like to stick with <$150 per wheel. Any suggestions?

Please ignore the ugly spoiler too. That is actually gone, stock spoiler now. Just haven't taken a new photo and trying to get rid of these stupid wheels ASAP! Thanks in advance.
If you have some extra money I would look into a nice set of Forgeline wheels wrapped in Nittos or Michelin Super Sports or A/S 3’s. Im a fan of torque thrust wheels but they are too common IMO. If you want something that will stand apart from all the others than go with what I think looks best on F-bodies “Fiske, Forgeline, American Racing, G-force wheels, or a nice set of concave or deep dish wheels.” Also C4 ZR1’s, C5 Z06’s, C6 Z06’s & ZR1’s never look bad on F-bodies, and there more likely to fit your budget.

Like mentioned before lose the body kit, and rear ricer wing. Lower the car around 1.5” that will compensate for the body kit once you get rid of it. I would black out the tail lights or just get a set of stock ones (93-96) ones. Who ever set that car up before should be banned from F-bodies or GM performance cars.

Anyways can’t wait to see the car when your done.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
If you have some extra money I would look into a nice set of Forgeline wheels wrapped in Nittos or Michelin Super Sports or A/S 3’s. Im a fan of torque thrust wheels but they are too common IMO. If you want something that will stand apart from all the others than go with what I think looks best on F-bodies “Fiske, Forgeline, American Racing, G-force wheels, or a nice set of concave or deep dish wheels.” Also C4 ZR1’s, C5 Z06’s, C6 Z06’s & ZR1’s never look bad on F-bodies, and there more likely to fit your budget.

Like mentioned before lose the body kit, and rear ricer wing. Lower the car around 1.5” that will compensate for the body kit once you get rid of it. I would black out the tail lights or just get a set of stock ones (93-96) ones. Who ever set that car up before should be banned from F-bodies or GM performance cars.

Alright, I'll be sure to check the sites out for options. Thanks for the tip! I did find a couple of wheels I like but still am searching. Those tires sound expensive, are they? I'm looking for atleast a 18" or 19" x 8-8.5, I want some grip.

As for the ground effects, I kinda like them. Maybe I'll get rid of them once I have money to modify my suspension. I'll have to see what the car looks like once I get finished with this stuff, then I'll gather some more opinions. Not that taking the ground effects off would be a bad idea, I'm just taking one step at a time, ya know? Plus, I have no idea what the costs are to lower these cars. The tail lights have been replaced with exactly what you suggested (LT camaro lights), I personally liked them over the 98-02 with the amber in them.

At first I really liked the car, but after getting bashed by this forum it opened my eyes. I ended up taking it offensively instead of positive criticism. And I agree, she should be banned , she was a nice lady, but now that I realize it, she destroyed a good car. But I'm here to make it right now. A lot of members are waiting for what the car will look like, and I am too. I'll be sure to post pics up in the appearence thread soon as it's done. Thanks for the tips and advice
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria

Have you read anything he's said in this thread? He gave the details in his first post:

My budget is about 1200 for wheels AND tires. I would kinda like to stick with <$150 per wheel. Any suggestions?

Please ignore the ugly spoiler too. That is actually gone, stock spoiler now. Just haven't taken a new photo and trying to get rid of these stupid wheels ASAP! Thanks in advance.
He has $1200 for wheels and tires, and you're recommending a setup that will run him $6-8000?

He also said he's already gotten rid of the spoiler. What's the point in posting information here if no one bothers to read it?
Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe you can keep an eye out for some used BMW wheels and tires if you like the mesh look.

Watch Craigslist or eBay. The bolt pattern is nearly identical and will bolt right up to your Camaro. Maybe look for something off an 'M', and you'd get your 19's and I think they're staggered as well.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Alright, I'll be sure to check the sites out for options. Thanks for the tip! I did find a couple of wheels I like but still am searching. Those tires sound expensive, are they? I'm looking for atleast a 18" or 19" x 8-8.5, I want some grip.
8-8.5" is WAY too narrow IMO. These cars come stock with 9" wide wheels on the WS6/SS cars, and even those look too narrow (especially with the tucked in offset they have).
Look how good a 17x11 wheel looks and fills out the wheel well:

As for the ground effects, I kinda like them. Maybe I'll get rid of them once I have money to modify my suspension. I'll have to see what the car looks like once I get finished with this stuff, then I'll gather some more opinions. Not that taking the ground effects off would be a bad idea, I'm just taking one step at a time, ya know? Plus, I have no idea what the costs are to lower these cars.
If you want it to ride and handle atleast half decent then this is as cheap as it gets:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=90&ModelID=7
You'll probably want to add an adjustable PHB if you are planning on running taller or wider wheels than stock.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the avant garde 310's and the 550? I believe look awesome. I think they are silver in color and would accent the stripe on your car well...not to mention they will look great if you choose to get rid of it. Like others have said, run at least a 9.5 inch wide wheels all the way around and if the option is there, run a 10.5 or larger wide wheel in the rear. You will notice a performance gain regardless by ditching those 20's, but I would personally run an 18x9.5 in the front and an 18x10.5 or 11 in the rear. You're on the right track to get rid of the spoiler, put new wheels on the car and lower it. It will be cool to see how this car turns out.

Another wheel that looks like the avant garde is the OE wheel corvette spyder wheel I believe.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...2#.UzlomvldUzY

should fit your budget too. Keep posting pics
Old 04-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Maybe you can keep an eye out for some used BMW wheels and tires if you like the mesh look.

Watch Craigslist or eBay. The bolt pattern is nearly identical and will bolt right up to your Camaro. Maybe look for something off an 'M', and you'd get your 19's and I think they're staggered as well.
Never would've thought they had the same bolt pattern as us. I'll check the listings out for sure. How much do they usually run for?

Quick Reply: Opinions on a new wheel setup.