Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BC Forged Quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BC Forged Quality

I am looking into getting a set of four 18x9 BC Forged BC06 wheels. I would like to know what everyone thinks of the quality of the BC Forged wheels. Are they still fairly high quality even though they cost less then other forged wheels?

Also, I can see the offsett information on the top of this section but I would like a little more detail on something. I like the look where the wheels stick out from the car a little, but I do not want the tires to rub. I noticed that XstaZ28 has some very nice wheels on his red SS with front 18x9.5 wheels with a 38mm offsett and his tires rub on the inner fender liner in the front. What offsett would I have to go up to to on BC Forged 18x9 wheels to avoid rubbing at the front and rear assuming that the tires would be 275/35/18 at all four corners? I do have Eibach Sportsline springs so it is lowered a little. Maybe 42mm or 44mm?

Lastly, if I do order the wheels, what data would I need to supply to BC Forged, just the offsett (Xmm), bolt pattern (5), and bolt pattern diameter (4.75")?

I apologize that this is most likely repetitive to most of you, but I would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Old 06-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like you have all the info covered quite nicely. I think a 44mm offset would be perfect. Xsta's 38mm's just barely rub when I looked at them a while back. My rear offset is +58, so its 'in' there a little bit, but out more then stock. I'm running the sportlines and have no rubbing issues and have 10.5's out back. So with that offset and 275/35/18 all around you should be perfect.

I never had personal experiance with BC, but from what I've heard they seem to be good quality. I'm sure some other people will chime in.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The rubbing is undetectable when driving, it is only a "appearance" thing with the black wheel well liner. The wheels you are looking at are 1/2" narrower than the fronts of my SS, so the face of the wheel will be "inward" by a 1/4" . . . So IMHO, a 38 mm will be just fine, although anything between 38 and 44 mm will get you the look you are going for.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:10 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't order BC Forged wheels anymore. I don't know what happened exactly, but just think of them as out of business. For whatever reason, Boyd Coddington now sells similar wheels at www.billetwheel.com under the forged line.

I just bought a set of the BC10s/ Boyd Coddinton "Tuned" wheels. Nice wheels for the price, but if I were to do it again I would have gone with Iforged "Senekas." Granted they are twice the amount of money.

Rob
Old 06-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I just called Boyd Coddington wheels and I was told they still make all the BC Forged wheels at their facility. I am a little leary though about the weight though. Out of curiosity I asked them how much an 18x9 BC06 weighed, and he claimed 24 lb. On the website, it says 21 lb. 24 lb seems heavy for a forged wheel as he also said that an 18x9.5 "Magneato" also weighed 24 lb and I thought the Magneato is a cast wheel.

To any person who got BC Forged wheels, did you weigh your wheels after you got them? Were they approximately the same weight that they claimed?

Out of curiosity, are you ever able to return wheels after you buy them? For example, if they do not fit or rub, can you return wheels and only be out the shipping? I assume that in general most manufacturers do not allow returns but I wanted to check.

Thanks for all the replies,
Bill
Old 06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Bill, whenever ordering a custom built product, you are pretty much stuck with them. I can't think of any manufacturer that would just take them back just because you didn't like them. If the wheels did not fit correctly, I can see there being a problem. Most likely you would have to have them breakdown the wheels for you and re-weld them for the correct offsets. At their cost for sure. 18x9s will fit no problem though, so don't worry about that.

If you want, my wheels are still sitting in my living room. I can take a few pics for you, and try and weigh them best I can. I'm not sure how accurate my bathroom scale is however. IMO, these are pretty light wheels for being 18x9s and 18x10s. They honestly don't feel too much heavier then my stock WS6 aluminum wheels.

As I said before, these wheels are well worth 1500 dollars. You figure TT2s will run you just under this price for the same size wheel, they might even come out to be the same. These wheels are far more unique than most of the other wheels in this price range, and they seem to be particularly well built.

I got an awesome deal from Discount Tire Direct, so talk to them first before you go anywhere else. They take care of a lot of the guys in this site. I'm pretty positive BC Forged is no longer making wheels though. Boyd Coddington must be just saying that, it was Boyd's son who started BC Forged, from what I saw, they went down real fast.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:22 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Done, and done.

-Both front 18x9 wheels weighed in at 24lbs.

-Both rear 18x10 wheels weighed in at 27lbs.

Again, these are the Boyd Coddington "Tuned" wheels. I attached a few pics, in extremely crappy light, sorry

I also put them on my Image Station account, so you might have to register to view them. It'll take all of two seconds though.
PHOTOS

Rob

Yes I know, I know, I'm not a born photographer.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Talking

Those are some nice wheels. I am going to give Todd a call on Monday, but I think even at 500+ a wheel the BC Forged are going to be a little too much money for me. I also really prefer the look of a thick spoke wheel, and the BC06 is a thin spoke. THe Fikse Mag is exactly what I want but no one makes cheaper wheel that looks similar AND is reasonably light (less than 25 lb). I think I am going to go with the LD motorsports G2 World Challenge wheel.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Believe it or not, I payed 375 for each wheel. Fikses will throw your budget through the roof, they will be jsut under double that of the BCs.

I like the LGM wheels, I forget how much those run. Aren't they like mid $300s?
Old 06-14-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Tuned/BC10 is the heaviest of the line using the most billet of any of the wheels.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Argh, LG Motorsports does not make that wheel anymore, so now I am back to the BC Forged. If you dont mind my asking BAD *** TA WS6, where did you get your BC Forged wheels so cheap? $375 is a steal. If you dont want to say on the site, you can PM me.

I called Discount Tire Direct (Todd and Kevin were out) and he gave me a price of around $550 per wheel for a 18x9 BC06.

Thanks,
Bill

Quick Reply: BC Forged Quality