Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Pics of Alumistars on F bods please

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of Alumistars on F bods please

Any pics of Alumistars on a F bod, I am trying to decide beyween Alumas and Bogart bolted D10's, I have pics on the Bogarts, but I want to see what the Alumis looked like.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned

Default Ttt

Does anyone have these pics? Any help would be great? Thanks,
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Like the ones in my sig ?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

got any upclose pics?
what size did you go with, and what about grinding/spacers
Old 10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both are very good choices. Both are high-ended wheels. You won't go wrong with either choice.

If your running drag brakes, we can do even more. Alumastars are actually more expensive then a counterpart Bogart wheel (against popular believe that we are the most expensive drag wheel out there). I can build a drag wheel that is ~.25 lbs lighter then an alumastar runner.

Only disadvantage with an alumastar front runner would be they may bend a bit easier then the rest of welds line. Runnout is almost none-existent using one-piece designs. Due to their 1 piece design, if you bend it, you will have one expensive paperweight...VERY nice wheel though I must say myself. Be careful with this one if you are planning to use it on the street.

Good luck on your choices, you'll be happy with either one you make i'm sure. Let me know if you need additional help with designing a Bogart wheel for your application. Remember, if you are using a Bogart component, we have exclusive pricing for our Bogart customers regarding any Strange Engineering component.

Steve
Old 10-11-2005, 04:46 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Brandon
got any upclose pics?
what size did you go with, and what about grinding/spacers
I heard you have to run racing brakes on the front and rear to run the Alumastar 2.0 wheels? Is that correct?

If you have to, then remember you will lose your ABS and emergency brake.

No emergency brake = no inspection sticker in most states.

I was considering those wheels myself?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

I had to grind the calipers. If you want an easy bolt on that fits well, get the bogarts from Steve. The rears I have are from him, and fit great with no problems.

Pics/info here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/352488-new-drag-wheel-setup-pics-56k.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/377174-j_98ta-jj_z28-track-runs-vid-pics.html

As for alumastar rears, I do not know. You could always get a seperate parking brake caliper along with thr racing brakes. Like from sponsor -> http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com/

'J
Old 10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Banned

Default Bogarts

i might be leaning towards the Bogarts then. I will just have to think about it.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here are some pics of mine
15x3.5 w/ 26x4.5x15 Moroso DS2's
15x10 w 29.5x10.5x15 MT Slicks

Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by J 98ta
I had to grind the calipers. If you want an easy bolt on that fits well, get the bogarts from Steve. The rears I have are from him, and fit great with no problems.

Pics/info here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352488
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377174

As for alumastar rears, I do not know. You could always get a seperate parking brake caliper along with thr racing brakes. Like from sponsor -> http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com/

'J
Your car looks great. What is the backspacing on the 15 x 9.75 Welded R/T's? Is your rear stock width?

Did you consider the Alumastars for the rear? Why didn't you go with them for a matching set?

How much did you have to grind the front calipers?
Also, why didn't you go Hoosier all the way around? Why the M/T's up front?

Thanks for the link on the parking brake and answering all the questions.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your car looks great. What is the backspacing on the 15 x 9.75 Welded R/T's? Is your rear stock width?

Did you consider the Alumastars for the rear? Why didn't you go with them for a matching set?

How much did you have to grind the front calipers?
Also, why didn't you go Hoosier all the way around? Why the M/T's up front?

Thanks for the link on the parking brake and answering all the questions.
Thanks!

B.S. is 7.125" Stock width rear.

The alumastar rears actually match the 2pc alumastar fronts. They also do not have enough backspace for a stock rear IMO. Then you need to do something with the rear brakes, I do not believe they will clear a stock caliper.

I had to grind a bit. I have a pic somewhere, e-mail me if you want it. I needed a DOT front for the class I was running, therefore the M/T tires.

However, if I do ever go 12bolt or 9" I will do something similar to what BTL FED did, and narrow the rear. Bad looking car IMO.

'J
Old 10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by J 98ta
Thanks!

B.S. is 7.125" Stock width rear.

The alumastar rears actually match the 2pc alumastar fronts. They also do not have enough backspace for a stock rear IMO. Then you need to do something with the rear brakes, I do not believe they will clear a stock caliper.

I had to grind a bit. I have a pic somewhere, e-mail me if you want it. I needed a DOT front for the class I was running, therefore the M/T tires.

However, if I do ever go 12bolt or 9" I will do something similar to what BTL FED did, and narrow the rear. Bad looking car IMO.

'J
Thanks, that all makes sense. I didn't realize the AlumaStar 2 rear was to match the 2 piece front. So there is no rear wheel to match the frontrunner?
BTLFED's car does look very cool with the narrowed rear.
The problem with that set up is you can forget about most other rims except drag wheels. Forget about ZR-1 wheels after that.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks, that all makes sense. I didn't realize the AlumaStar 2 rear was to match the 2 piece front. So there is no rear wheel to match the frontrunner?
BTLFED's car does look very cool with the narrowed rear.
The problem with that set up is you can forget about most other rims except drag wheels. Forget about ZR-1 wheels after that.
The frontrunner is a 1pc Forged design. They match the rear OK, just not 100%, but many drag rims do not. I kinda like that look for the track.

ZR-1's with a setup like BTL FED for street use ? Why ? Get a set of custom deep dish Budnik's, Billet Specialties, IForged, Fikse's, etc. Looks way cool.

'J