Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Fuzion ZRi vs. Cooper Zeon 2XS?
Fusion ZRi
70.00%
Cooper Zeon 2XS
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Fuzion ZRi vs. Cooper Zeon 2XS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuzion ZRi vs. Cooper Zeon 2XS?

Alright guys got some bald tires now and need some new ones and have it narrowed down to two and need some opinions on what you guys prefer? I know that the Cooper Zeon 2XS's are new to the market and probably not that many guys out there with them but just want opinions if you guys own them or have owned them. Just looking for all-round performance, dry and wet performance, noise, tread wear, etc.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Anybody had good luck with either of these or owned both to compare them?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i put fuzions on the SS until i ordered my new wheels (tires havent yet decided) but they have ridden better then goodyears and the kumhos i previously had, ive never used cooper but they dont look bad. I am happy with the fuzions though very good in the georgia rain and very quiet
Old 10-25-2005, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

I like my Fuzions great on the street. But not so well at the track.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like my Fuzions just fine for street use, they do not get traction though, so if you're looking for a stickier tire, don't go with them...
I have no experience with Cooper tires except on the Maxima i used to have and I wasn't that impressed with those. The tread would wear down too fast.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i forgot to mention that same here but heck as long as you got another set with some stickies on em your good to go but these are great for normal drivers not light to light drivers
Old 10-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

I'll second that on the Fuzions- Ride, Handling (Wet or Dry) and Traction are excellent. Wearing better than the BFG's I had before.
Tires don't dart around in truck grooves like. Great buy for the money.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

My brother used to have Cooper Zeons on his mustang gt and the side walls were really weak. My friend just put fuzions on his camaro and they seem to be a better tire. They look nice too.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Launching!

As one of our sponsors (Cooper Tires, 2xs), we have gone through around 180 of their tires in the last few months. They have a good stiff sidewall which helps in handling, we don't use them on a street car, but from our testing they seem to have a good life to them. They do not smoke or leave rubber marks as easily as other tires, but they will if you are mean to them long enough. They have silica in the tire compound which is supposed to help with wet traction.

They seem like they would make a pretty good sreet tire, a little less grip but longer tire life than with some other tires. (280 tread wear rating).

This was from a demo run:

James
www.BubbaDrift.com
Old 10-26-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

i had the fuzions on 2 cars b/c im cheap and thats what those tires are, if you plan on doing any serious cornering dont get the fuzions, the side walls flex way to much, but i will give them this they track very well in rain or dry, they actually didnt do to bad for street tires at the track i was able to get a few 1.9 60's, i got consisitant 2.0
Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

I won't be doing any hard cornering just straightline power. I don't race much or anything but when I do I want the tires to take the power. The only reason I want good wet traction is just so I don't hydroplane but I'm looking a little more for dry traction and treadwear. I've already priced the Fusions from the internet but we have a local Cooper dealer and I got them quoted for $600 for mounted, balanced and taxes. The Fusions were going to be about the same so a few dollars doesn't bother me either way.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have fuzions on the front of my car with Nitto DR's in the back, and they are doing great. No problems in the rain and corner well.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuzions are a very good tire for the money. Comaparable to Potenzas, but much less expensive. You won't go wrong with them.

Cooper, however, is making slow moves into the performance market. Most of thier current product line (and their strength) is in commoner tires... old guys love 'em. They make a good cheap tire with good mileage for regular drivers.

But, thier new products are being aggresively developed to make an impact. They don't command the respect of Goodyear or BFG yet, so these may be a good option and are priced lower than they should in reality be. Cooper shares development with Avon, whos 500 series tires have gotten excellent reviews.

Go with the Fuzions if you are conservative... look harder at the Coopers if you are into taking chances.

The fuzions do have a pretty heavy bead protector. Might be worth considering. From what I can tell they should be a bit cheaper, as well.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

I have Fuzion ZRis all the way around at the moment. AWESOME street and highway tire for the low $$$. Very crappy track tire which pretty much goes with what everyone else says. (I was able to pull 2.0s best when i first had the tires, but now only 2.2s *on a different track which is prepped well)

Most likely taking off my Fuzions in the back and replacing them with Nitto 555Rs and storing them until the others wear out. In a street only situation, they're great, will definately keep them in the front.

Quick Reply: Fuzion ZRi vs. Cooper Zeon 2XS?