Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

AFS or OE wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default AFS or OE wheel

I am looking to buy some black Zr1 wheels for my 1999 trans am, Both these companies have wheels on ebay >My question is there a difference between these wheels>?Which ones did u guys buy and how was the buying experience ? I ve never bought anything from ebay . id appeciate some help ..... ..I used search on this matter but didnt have all my questions answered?

thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some AFS ZO6 Wheels of ebay great wheels no problems.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard a lot of good things about AFS but I'm confused on other ebay companies. There are several companies that sound the same OE wheels, OE replicas, etc. So yoiu can never be too sure about what kind of service you're going to get. The best bet is to look at their feedback closely. Not so much their percentage but the comments made. I would go with AFS or go to Tomz Z wheels.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got chrome z06 wheels from o e wheels in sarasota fl, they look and drive great
Old 05-30-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.E wheels thats where i got mine and i got them in 7 days!! very happy with them..
Old 05-30-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you want since you live in fl u can pick them up like i did and save alot... they are university exit on I-75 the only drawback is u cant fit them in your car so u need a truck(which im sure you knowsomebody) and tax... but its better then 40 bucks a wheel for shipping.... mine came with chrome lugs and locks too...
Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

o e in sarasota fast shipping and i got them dirt cheap look great too
Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

If you're considering OE Wheel Distributors in Sarasota, Florida, you may want to do some research on their customer service. This is OE Wheel Distributors, also known as OE Wheels, not to be confused with OE Concepts, OE Replicas, etc. I, for one, and quite a few others (check their Ebay customer feedback) were treated like complete crap by them. Lied to, yelled at, hung up on, and basically told to take a hike.

Many people have great experiences with them, but if for some reason you have any problems with the wheels?....... they are absolute HELL to deal with. The reason is because they will never admit that they are wrong, that their wheels are different than pictured, or that their wheels may have problems. I had side-by-side pictures to prove that the wheels they manufactured and sent me were different than the ones pictured on their site/Ebay ad (they pictured AFS wheels, not their own style), but they didn't want to hear it and refused to talk to me as I was hung up on several times. I had called twice before to make sure that the wheels were the correct style I wanted, and both times they had told me "Yes, the wheels pictured on our site and ads are the same we make and are the kind you are looking for." They showed up and were obviously not the same style. I had to file claims with Ebay, Squaretrade (an Ebay dispute company), my credit card company, and threaten to sue them before they finally refunded my money in full. After this happened, I talked to other people who had problems with them and they all said the same thing: OE Wheel Distributors out of Sarasota, Florida has the worst customer service they have ever dealt with. Another guy on this site spent the money to buy wheels from them, only to find that the chrome was pitted and in less-than-desirable condition. They told him that it was just the way they were and he also went through hell while trying to return the wheels.

I know many people have good luck with them, but I always tell people who are considering buying from them the same thing: If you want to take your chances and purchase from them... then go for it. If it ends up well, then congratulations. But you are taking the chance that if anything goes wrong or there is something not right with the wheels, you are going to get treated like complete crap. Please realize that you are taking a chance by purchasing from them.

I'd say go with AFS wheels. After I finally got my OE Wheels returned, I purchased from AFS and they were great to deal with. Plus their wheels are probably the best quality replicas on the market.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got my chrome Z06's of ebay from AFS. They shipped to me in less than a week from California to New Jersey. I recomend AFS to anyone.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got AFS Z06's from e-bay, had them in 4 days, great to deal with.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pewterbirdls1
I am looking to buy some black Zr1 wheels for my 1999 trans am, Both these companies have wheels on ebay >My question is there a difference between these wheels>?Which ones did u guys buy and how was the buying experience ? I ve never bought anything from ebay . id appeciate some help ..... ..I used search on this matter but didnt have all my questions answered?

thanks

Check with Tom Z Wheels, site sponser >>>>>>>>>>
I ordered my O.E. Concept Chrome ZR1'S from them, very reasonable price and ship quickly.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for ur help guys i decided to go with AFS wheel.Im going to order wheels from them on ebay
Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pewterbirdls1
thanks for ur help guys i decided to go with AFS wheel.Im going to order wheels from them on ebay
Great job.

I'm glad that I and others could sway you into buying from them. They're a great company and are viewed as #1 for a good reason. Hopefully you love your wheels and be sure to get up pics of them once they're on!
Old 05-31-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got black Zr1s from afs good wheel and price
Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

afs dont have the lip thats y i went to O.E. wheel !! i was happy with them and there customer service! helpfull and they took the time to call me back!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95formulalt1
afs dont have the lip thats y i went to O.E. wheel !! i was happy with them and there customer service! helpfull and they took the time to call me back!!
OE Wheel Distributors? Or OE Concepts?

OE Concepts has a larger lip on their rear 17 x 11'' ZR1s, but that's due to the offset.

If you're looking for a larger polished lip on black ZR1s, it is actually AFS who has the design. They're the ones who originally started it. I ordered black ZR1s from OE Wheel Distributors in Sarasota, Florida and it had the tiny little polished lip like yours do. I sent them back and ordered the ones with the wider polished lip from AFS. Plus AFS has the better-looking black centercaps.

Quick Reply: AFS or OE wheel