Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

cleaning/polishing these damn CCW polished wheels...any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

josh99ta how well did the rejex, zaino combo go for protecting your wheels. Also I have looked at local auto part stores but I cant find that brake dust protectant you were also using.

Let me know how the system works. I have basically undriven on wheels and what to do this system if it is effective.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Worked very well on my Fikse rims, much easier to put on and take off than any other polish I've ever used. The sealant seems like it will work well. Went through a huge storm yesterday and cleaning the rims was very quick and easy with a mf towel.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

By the way I picked up some Noxon 7 at Home Depot for $4, I think it was on sale, but that could also be the regular price.

I plan on giving it a try next week if I have time
Old 04-29-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I washed my car for the first time with the wheels on. I didn't have any problems with spoting and found it pretty easy to clean them. Now there is more room for me to get my hand in and clean the inner barrels since the wheels are an inch larger than stock. Those with 19's it must be really easy to get your hand in.

I bought one of those mr clean spot free wash system. I live in the country so I get spotting pretty easy. I thought I would try this since it has a filter for the water. It didn't work all that bad really, although it wasnt very hot out so it may just be that water wasn't drying as fast as it does in the summer. When ever I was getting the car wet with the hose I used the filter function and just washed the car as normal with a bucket full of zaino soap. Down side to this Mr. clean thing is the pressure is extremely low. Griots garage also has an inline filter but it is pricey so I want to see if this would work before I drop a hundred on the Griots garage in line filter.

I also used the wheel polish I got from Griots. It is easy on and easy off but as I said my wheels were clean so I cant say how effective it would be on some wheels in bad shape. I also have a bottle of Noxon if I ever get in a bad situation and the Griots wheel polish wont do the job.

I have a side question. Why does the wheel polish turn black? Is it a reaction between the polish and the metal? It cant be because of the dirt since my wheels were clean.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have any of you ever used this polish called Metal Gloss. Search for it and you will find it. It works similar to Mother's. But the thing I really like is their sealer. It seals the wheel from any water spots by repelling the water. It also makes it easier to remove brake dust. I have used this on my chrome rims and my buddy used them on his CCW's he had on his Vette. He also liked the sealer. Just another option for you polished wheel owners.

Mike
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I washed my car for the first time with the wheels on. I didn't have any problems with spoting and found it pretty easy to clean them. Now there is more room for me to get my hand in and clean the inner barrels since the wheels are an inch larger than stock. Those with 19's it must be really easy to get your hand in.

I bought one of those mr clean spot free wash system. I live in the country so I get spotting pretty easy. I thought I would try this since it has a filter for the water. It didn't work all that bad really, although it wasnt very hot out so it may just be that water wasn't drying as fast as it does in the summer. When ever I was getting the car wet with the hose I used the filter function and just washed the car as normal with a bucket full of zaino soap. Down side to this Mr. clean thing is the pressure is extremely low. Griots garage also has an inline filter but it is pricey so I want to see if this would work before I drop a hundred on the Griots garage in line filter.

I also used the wheel polish I got from Griots. It is easy on and easy off but as I said my wheels were clean so I cant say how effective it would be on some wheels in bad shape. I also have a bottle of Noxon if I ever get in a bad situation and the Griots wheel polish wont do the job.

I have a side question. Why does the wheel polish turn black? Is it a reaction between the polish and the metal? It cant be because of the dirt since my wheels were clean.
From what I understand, the black is actually tiny particles of metal from the wheel
Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
OK fellas, here is what happens to your stock polished ws6 rims when you put your car away for the winter, and you forget to wash the salt off of it.

And below are pics of the lineup used to clean them up, and of the before and after pics. Looks pretty good to me! Got everything at advanced auto parts.

I thought stock WS6 wheels were clear coated? So you used a metal polish on a clear coated wheel?

Quick Reply: cleaning/polishing these damn CCW polished wheels...any tips?