Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

why do most go with TT2s over TTMs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TT m(ustang) are supposedly made for the fbody but you can also get a shelby centercap through AR. I was considering the wheel for a short time until I saw them on mustangs too many times in 1 day. The fact that they are everywhere on mustangs leaves people with a bad taste in their mouths when mentioniing this wheel.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rims

I have TTM's on my red '98 and love them. Rims should be what YOU like and not what others want you to have. This is what makes them unique and different. Mustangs have this style, but I bet if you do some research mustangs weren't the first with this style rim. It's basically an old muscle car look. The good thing is that if everybody goes with the II's, the silvers and the blacks then mine just stand out more on a CAMARO Z28!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

I don't really care if they come on Mustangs or not, but I like the TTII's better simply because the spokes seem to have more curvature to them, if that makes since. The M's just look shallower as far as the spokes go, and I don't like it as much.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Boyd Coddington makes a really nice wheel similar to the TT2's. If money isnt an issue I would go with those, and if you dont mind polishing. My Silverado has Pro Star replicas and they look horrible. I have that "Powerball" that is drill powered and it works well when you dedicate the time to your vehicle.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they are the smoothie II's. Those wheels are the shiznit!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
I have TTM's on my red '98 and love them. Rims should be what YOU like and not what others want you to have. This is what makes them unique and different. Mustangs have this style, but I bet if you do some research mustangs weren't the first with this style rim. It's basically an old muscle car look. The good thing is that if everybody goes with the II's, the silvers and the blacks then mine just stand out more on a CAMARO Z28!
I agree, I personally like the way my TTM's look on MY car, regardless of what anyone else is running for rims. I understand why it's an issue for most F-body guys but its not at all for me.

Also, the Smoothie II's are a badass rim, I considered those when I was shopping around.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01bird58
I agree, I personally like the way my TTM's look on MY car, regardless of what anyone else is running for rims. I understand why it's an issue for most F-body guys but its not at all for me.

Also, the Smoothie II's are a badass rim, I considered those when I was shopping around.
I do agree that one some cars the M's look badass like yours.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

I loved my blackk TT 2's. I had them years ago and I still wish I never sold them. I might just buy Stangkilr's.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

has anyone ever seen smoothie II's with the spokes powdercoated black? I think that would look like tha shiznit!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

This is simple the TT2 bring a classic and muscle look to the 4th gen cars. Not to mention they are an awesome looking wheel. You can't beat the look of the spokes. TTM looks like ***. They are a spitting image of stock mustang gt wheels. Why would people put a wheel that looks like that on their fbody? I don't understand. Get some TT2's, TTClassics, 200S, SmoothieII's, Junk Yard dogs, AR Hopsters, AR rebels, anything but a TTM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

They look damn good on f-bodies with 11's in the back, I love mine.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

I will say though I've seen some black cars with black TTM's that look pretty badass.......but TTII's ***.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

I can't abbreviate "for the win" ???? w. t. f.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
I could not agree more. I have TTM's on my Camaro... Love the timeless design and classic look. You're forgetting the original style of the five spoke wheel made by American Racing is on Hot Rod's most revolutionary speed part Hall of Fame - type - list because they defy time. While never originally offered in a 17 inch size, the company must adapt and reposition itself to accommodate the changes the in technology. What they offer today is a modern twist to the original wheel. Was the original wheel ever offered on the Mustang? No. Calling the TTM's a Mustang wheel is rather pathetic and shows narrow-mindedness. With that being said, Mustang or not, the wheel compliments the Camaro and Firebird incredibly well.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DBanks
I could not agree more. I have TTM's on my Camaro... Love the timeless design and classic look. You're forgetting the original style of the five spoke wheel made by American Racing is on Hot Rod's most revolutionary speed part Hall of Fame - type - list because they defy time. While never originally offered in a 17 inch size, the company must adapt and reposition itself to accommodate the changes the in technology. What they offer today is a modern twist to the original wheel. Was the original wheel ever offered on the Mustang? No. Calling the TTM's a Mustang wheel is rather pathetic and shows narrow-mindedness. With that being said, Mustang or not, the wheel compliments the Camaro and Firebird incredibly well.
I am sorry- but the TT2 has been around for years to fill the 14" to 22" segment? so what market are they adapting to? Basically they made a version for those MUSTANG ,that wanted a 'bullitt' type wheel(that was obviously modeled after the torq thrusts), and called them TTM's for Mustang. So they had enough interest to build the for F'body guys too- nothing wrong with that. But to say that they must adapt to accomadate changing technology- when there only competition is themselves is not accurate IMO.

They do look nice on your car.

But I am partial to mine.

not the best pic-

My buddies WS6 om black TTM's- they look good too-

The main thing I have against the TTM, is that the spokes look kinda flat- where as the TT2 look to have more depth in the design.

The TTM's look cheaper to me. I do like them in black better than silver...don't like the M's at all in chrome/polished.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TTM's look cheaper to me
Probably because they Are cheaper.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
Probably because they Are cheaper.
Point taken...i didn't know what they cost.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up TTM's

Originally Posted by DBanks

Damn nice ride you have!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Leedogg
Point taken...i didn't know what they cost.
The are cheaper, and by a good amount too (im being sarcastic) https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/811822-tt-ii-tt-m-zr1-wheel-tire-combos-tomz-wheels.html

Last edited by 01bird58; 11-13-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I do agree that one some cars the M's look badass like yours.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: why do most go with TT2s over TTMs?