Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I mainly get turned off by the flat center cap in ttm's
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet the new mustangs cant even fit 10.5's in the back. Just bought my TTM's today and I couldn't be happier. Chrome looks too "bling" for my taste, just get spinners if you want to be a balla'... I got anthrocids. ohh, and i'm not paying more money for something that looks the same: TT2, TTM all the same sh*t.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Probably price and a lot of variation from the stock wheels.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I have the TTII's & I get a ton of looks. I like the Ms too cause they offer deep dish for them. The regular TTIIs have to be special ordered.

Last edited by SEB; 03-10-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
The m's remind me of a mustang wheels like said above.
this is why
Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cpt_bimes
they look like mustang wheels because...they are mustang wheels.
I think the M stands for Mustang. lol
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

would black or gray TTM's look better on my car with the tinted windows and Blue Green Chameleon paint?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Teching In

I went with chrome TTM's on my car. I called to order black ones, but changed my mind at the last minute and now I am very glad that I went with chrome. I love the way these look on my car, and they are much easier to keep clean than polished wheels so they are better for me since I daily drive my car. I also really like the deep flat lip on the back.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hadkin
I bet the new mustangs cant even fit 10.5's in the back. Just bought my TTM's today and I couldn't be happier. Chrome looks too "bling" for my taste, just get spinners if you want to be a balla'... I got anthrocids. ohh, and i'm not paying more money for something that looks the same: TT2, TTM all the same sh*t.
The only thing you said in your post that I agree with is that the TTM's are ****. They are completely different than TT2's. When you really look at the two and compare them they are really nothing alike.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by transaman98
personally I think the TTM's look like they belong on a mustang. The TTII's have more appeal when they are put on an F-body. Look at a factory Mustang GT wheel and compare it to a TTM.
im with ya on that one! TT2's for the win
Old 11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by f50nut
TTM(ustang)
x2 they are like the rims off my Mustang GT from back in the day.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 AM
11 Second Club

:LMFAO Are you people for real??????? The way you guys are talking, you make it sound like one wheel is a 22" 6 spoke wheel and the other is a 15" 5 spoke wheel.

Thank you for making my morning. This was funny

PS Just ordered my TTM in black yesterday.

Thanks again for laugh.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think it's funny how many people hate the TTM but love the TTII. They are basically the same wheel with minor differences in appearance but big difference in pricing.

Personally I could give a **** less if Mustangs run around with them cause it doesn't affect me personally. I also don't believe just cause they are on Mustangs that they make our cars look bad. Our cars still look better with them because of the f-body body lines.

People sayin this stuff are just too closed minded. All the TTM is to me is a more affordable wheel option for our cars. There aren't any differences big enough in the wheel design to turn me off to these wheels. And not everyone on here wants to drop over $1k just for rims without tires, especially not if it's a daily driver.

They definetly aren't as bad as some of the rims people try to put on these cars. I have definetly seen worse. But I have yet to see a f-body running TTM's that has made me step back & say, "those rims make that car ugly".
Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I really think it's funny how many people hate the TTM but love the TTII. They are basically the same wheel with minor differences in appearance but big difference in pricing.

Personally I could give a **** less if Mustangs run around with them cause it doesn't affect me personally. I also don't believe just cause they are on Mustangs that they make our cars look bad. Our cars still look better with them because of the f-body body lines.

People sayin this stuff are just too closed minded. All the TTM is to me is a more affordable wheel option for our cars. There aren't any differences big enough in the wheel design to turn me off to these wheels. And not everyone on here wants to drop over $1k just for rims without tires, especially not if it's a daily driver.

They definetly aren't as bad as some of the rims people try to put on these cars. I have definetly seen worse. But I have yet to see a f-body running TTM's that has made me step back & say, "those rims make that car ugly".
So its not close minded to think that a cheap knock off thats worse in every visual way is ugly? Wow, when did that happen?

And BTW, my TT2's ran me less than a grand new for all 4 without tires and thats the 17x9.5/11 combo as well. Not sure where you are getting this over a grand thing from?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you want the grey centers it's considered a custom build & is over $1k just for rims without shipping & thats straight from Tomzwheels who is the cheapest.

They are still made by American Racing, still have 95% same spoke design but have a different lip. Yea, that just screams out that "everything" visually is ugly. I consider a cheap knock off to be a wheel made by a completely different company with every intention of mocking a competitor wheel but with inferior quality material at a cheaper price. This is not the case with these wheels. They are very simply a different version of the same wheels offered by the same company.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

I like my TTM's.

Quick Reply: why do most go with TT2s over TTMs?