Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Attention anyone wanting REAR Greg Welds

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlove
bump to the top so people will quit making threads on this
It won't help. They will keep making them.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hazard2k
It won't help. They will keep making them.

Yeah I know

I just talked to Boyd and he said they should be in any day
Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I know

I hope so!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I know

mike had told me to expect late june early july...so as long as customs doesn't try and **** stuff up then hopefully they got this set spot on
Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Teching In

i got mine during the first run.... and yea they took alot of grinding to make fit.... but it was so worth it.... they look amazing... if i remember i'll snap some pics this weekend and post them up.....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:42 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I know

updates?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
updates?
well I was now just told 30 more days. I guess the tooling company was behind schedule and just now got it setup for the new design.

sounds like it is out of there hands.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

well I was now just told 30 more days. I guess the tooling company was behind schedule and just now got it setup for the new design.

sounds like it is out of there hands.
Are you FN serious!?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

This is a steaming pile of HORSE ****!!!!!

To this day I have called Greg Weld NUMEROUS times asking if the 15x10's I ordered will fit a Camaro or Firebird. I have talked to numerous people and each time they said they fit PERFECT.

Kinda funny how they would still lie to me AFTER I already sent my 15x10's back to Summit because they wouldn't fit.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
This is a steaming pile of HORSE ****!!!!!

To this day I have called Greg Weld NUMEROUS times asking if the 15x10's I ordered will fit a Camaro or Firebird. I have talked to numerous people and each time they said they fit PERFECT.

Kinda funny how they would still lie to me AFTER I already sent my 15x10's back to Summit because they wouldn't fit.
I'd suggest supporting american companies who produce their products in america.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I'd suggest supporting american companies who produce their products in america.
Drop the price on ur rims and I will buy a set right now!! LOL
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Drop the price on ur rims and I will buy a set right now!! LOL
The only way I could is if use chinese resources, lessor quality components and lower our standards.

You can look at it this way, you're not comparing apples to apples. Our wheels are lighter and higher quality. The fit and finish and attention to detail as well as customer support is very important to us.

Though our components are more expensive, the difference in cost...say you're saving 600.00 by purchasing a less-expensive product which is not the same quality...by using for example prostars you're leaving ~50lbs of weight on your car.

The people that are "saving" money by purchasing heavier different quality products are spending that on say a k-member which will end up being about the cost that you "saved" from the lessor expensive wheels. What you did by purchasing those "other mods" was you actually didnt' loose as much weight as you could have by purchasing the wheels alone! The k-members only save ~35lbs. Which is a net of 15lbs that you LEFT on your car.

Wheels are one of the most noticable modifications you can make. It is what everyone sees and defines the appearance of the vehicle. Asside from the weight/performance benefits, this is an area where I'd rather not try to save a few dollars due to the importance of the mod.

Our products still are not for everyone. You need to choose what best fits your needs. I do like to show why our wheels can benefit others and why there are differences in pricing. Hopefully it gets people to think about what they are considering and what are their best choices to make.

Think of what you personally have gone through dealing with those wheels or even other manufactures wheels. You've lost time and probably money (at least shipping costs). You could have purchased our wheels bolt them up and call it a day. You would have the lightest direct fit wheel on the market for you car, your cars appearance would have shown the difference. Others would notice as well. Isn't the trouble you've gone through thus far worth something as well?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Steve,

I know exactly what you mean. I love your guy's wheels but for a car that almost never sees the track (1-2 times a year), I just can't justify spending that kind of money on "drag" rims.

If I had the money, I would buy a set of your wheels in a heartbeat and like you said, bolt them right up and not have to worry about anything.

But for now, I am just going to have to order an ABS delete kit from you and call it a day!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
FormerVendor

I'd suggest for your setup possibly not even considering drag wheels or any type of 15" wheel if you're only using them 1 or two times a year. It may not be the best investment. Your not going to be able to use any of them on the street comfortably. Any 15" big/little setting drastically effects handling and normal performance.

Though they are a fantastic modification as you many see a .2 drop in 1/4 mile times...the lighter they are the less stress on your engine, driveline and brakes too!

The main problem is they feel terrible in comparison to even a stock wheel setup. So if you're using them for that little of time...see if you can even borrow a buddies when you're going to the track.

Now if you're using any drag wheel for typical street driving or other applications, it really doesn't matter which one you choose...non are designed for normal street driving. If you're picking up a setup to use as a street setup, even though they may be considered a "street" setup. I'd re-consider as you're probably not going to like using them for driving around normally. Braking distances and steering are drastically reduced.

To me, the only reason why anyone should consider 15" wheels is to reduce rotational weight and better traction for use for racing period. For any other situation, 15" wheels whether they are a drag or considered street wheel are not benefitial.

Chinese quality control can be hit or miss. My experience has not proven well. Quality control appears to take a side stand over costs. Myself personally, I am leary of new products which may not be tested or have no history of performance. Who knows how they really are going to perform under stress. There may have been a few samples tested BUT samples are just that, a sample. If quality control changes so drastic from run/run, those tests performed may not be an accurate representation.

I have a friend who is in another manufacturing window-blind production business who uses off-shore pieces. Every time he receives a batch of components, they arrive different!

See if you can pick up a used set of our wheels. I see them floating around every so often...but they do not last long that is for sure. Make certain they are built for your application as we do not a make a one size fits most wheel. If you are not sure of what you're getting, give me a call and I can discuss it to be sure it will work for your application. This way you'd know exactly what to ask a potential seller to verify it will fit your application.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 07-02-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Teching In

...on a "slightly" different question regarding "Weld"-ish wheels (prostars or gregs):
Has anyone run 17" front rims and 15" rear rims (or has a picture of this)?
While not the best solution, Im wondering if a set of rear racing 15" rims x 10 wide
would look "that bad" with 17" fronts??

Granted it would not be skinnies or weight saving, but it may be cheap traction alternative.
Plus grinding calipers seems "wrong" (if it can be avoided).

thx
Larry
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Can't wait for mine to ship!! The next two weeks at work are gonna be hell...

Steve, it has been a pleasure doing business with you. It's nice when a vendor calls you to keep you updated on the progress. Now get those wheels on the way on the 9th!!...lol.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NOJIMMY
...on a "slightly" different question regarding "Weld"-ish wheels (prostars or gregs):
Has anyone run 17" front rims and 15" rear rims (or has a picture of this)?
While not the best solution, Im wondering if a set of rear racing 15" rims x 10 wide
would look "that bad" with 17" fronts??

Granted it would not be skinnies or weight saving, but it may be cheap traction alternative.
Plus grinding calipers seems "wrong" (if it can be avoided).

thx
Larry

The fronts are not the problem, the rears are. I have the 15" fronts and they clear fine with no spacers. The rears are a different story though.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Do you make a set of 15" street/strip wheels 3.5" front 10" rear for a F body with stock brakes?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren P
Do you make a set of 15" street/strip wheels 3.5" front 10" rear for a F body with stock brakes?
Yes they do, Bogarts.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Yes they do, Bogarts.
If I am not mistaken Bogarts say not for street use

Quick Reply: Attention anyone wanting REAR Greg Welds