Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Bogart shorter Center-caps

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Bogart shorter Center-caps

Just got a sneek peek at the prototype smaller billet center-caps. Typically, the billet caps were near the same size as standard caps.

I have had many request for shorter center-caps...after some discussion, we now have them available as an option.

They are billet and weigh slightly more then the standard centercaps...typically, these would be used for the ROAD RACE series rims but can be interchanged for the DRAG P1 or P2 series.

These billet caps protrude approx 1/2 inch outward from the centers VS. 2.5 inches outward with standard race caps.

Pictures can be viewed at www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

(look near the bottom)

If anyone has any other suggestions regarding the rims for our cars, feel free to email us or call us. There is always room for adjustments for what F-body guys want:-) so just let me know.

Steve
Old 08-19-2003, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New Bogart shorter Center-caps

i like the look of the shorter center caps alot better than the long ones.
as for suggestions... why does bogart say thier wheels are for track use only? i would really like a set of lightweight wheels and i like the look of bogarts but i would also like to use them for everyday driving. does bogart make a lightweight street rim in 17x11 and 17x8 or 9?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

BigPlan,

As many drag rims (and other aftermarket rims), they are not DOT certified...Due to this fact, the rims can't be called a "street rim". It removes legality issues. We cannot tell you the rims can be run on the street...Many folks do use them without issues...only we can't recommend it.

I can tell you not one F-body to date has ever bent a P1 series drag rim from street use. We do offer the road race version rims which are from what I have seen the lightest rims on the market (comparing size to size/manufacture). They are quite strong and designed for road racing stresses. An example of the rims can be seen in this months GMHTP magizine

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../htp_0311_asp/

As you can see from the article, the rims are show quality just as the drag rims are:-) They are 17's in the front and 16's in the rear.

You can choose a 17 inch diameter rim in increments from 5.5 inches wide all the way up to 17 inches wide!! The 16 inch diameter rims go from 6.5 up to 16 inches wide. Backspacing is set up to your needs.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 08-20-2003, 12:13 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im very interested in a set of Bogarts and I plan to buy some in the near future. My question is, are there going to be any new styles coming out soon? The reason I ask is because Im already set on a particular style and I sure would hate to order them, have them in my hands, and then the next week they come out with a new style that I like. Do you know of any new styles that are going to be coming out before the end of this year or possibly beginning of next? Thanks and by the way, do the new billet caps come with the Bogart logo? I didnt see it on the pic and I wanted to know if that was optional too?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

NVMySS,

Currently there is nothing new...there are always new styles on the backburner but are for production out until testing is done.

Regarding the caps, there is no provision(center detent area) for the logo's. If you order them from us, let me know, I will be sure to send you 4 logos so you can install them (they stick on).
Old 08-20-2003, 08:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

See if you can convince Bogart to offer annodized black centers on their road race wheels.

And send me a 100x45 banner when you get a chance!

Tony
Old 08-20-2003, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are always new styles on the backburner but are for production out until testing is done.
Could you put that in other words? Im dont follow. How much lighter/stronger are the P2 billet series than the P1 billet series? How much power does the P1 series hold up to? Whats the weight on the RT and the RT welded? I didnt see any pics of these particular wheels installed on an f-body, do you happen to have any somewhere else or stored away? Are the bolted RTs any stronger than the welded RTs? In the pic for the rear RT, it says in parenthesies "shown with optional beadlock." I take it that its referring to the beads on the outer most rim where it meets the lip of the tire? If so, Im not a big fan of that and I was wondering if you have to it with the bolted RTs? Thanks Steve for all your help and taking the time to answer everyone's questions including mine. I hope one day when I get all the money gathered that I will be able to do business with you!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:51 PM
FormerVendor

Tony:

Bogart used to anodize parts for customers...there were issues with color matching so it was discontinued from practice. I'm sure there are local places that could take care of custom finishes for those parts. The sign size is in millimeters correct: :-).

NVmySS:

There is no other rim style that is going to be introduced in the near future(that i'm aware of)...Before new styles go out, in addition to data sheet analysis, rims are tested in "real-life" situations before public use.

The weight of the Bolted RT fronts are almost exactly 9 lbs and the rears Bolted RT's are almost exactly 11 lbs(mail-room scale). They are heavier due to the bolts that are used around the circumference. The welded RT's (and others)are maybe 1/4 lb lighter each wheel.

Beadlocks...you may be referring to bogarts main site... (look on mine for standard rims without the beadlocks www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com )The beadlocks are used in place of screws to hold the tire on the rim. I would suggest staying away from them as they can add a good amount of weight (not to mention cost). I would suggest screws if needed.

To see the gallery of F-body rims go to:

www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

if your referring to welded RT rim pics...I’ll see if I can come up with an F-body...let me know if that is what your referring to.

Thanks for the compliments! I try to do the best that I can...F-bodies are a passion :-)
Old 08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Steve,

I still plan on ordering a set of Bolted R/Ts when I can. I may just order the rears and get the fronts later on. But I'll let you know when the time comes.

Richard
Old 08-25-2003, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey steve....i just bought some center caps from bogart and i also like the shorter ones as well. Is there anyone i can trade them for the shorter ones? I haven't even put them on the wheels yet

thanks

Old 08-25-2003, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Jimmy,

There is a difference in pricing for the billet caps...check your e-mail.

Quick Reply: New Bogart shorter Center-caps