Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98catfish

For that price I can get Bogarts!
Bogarts aren't a street wheel. for that matter, neither are prostars and the like. yes, thousands of people run them on the street with success, but it's not wise. i've watched tires get mounted on a brand new set of bogarts, and watched the hoop bend/ripple on the mounting machine because they are so thin, hence the "track use only" warning.

the billet specialties wheels are welded 100% around and thicker to accomodate street usage, hence the added cost. Bogarts to Street Lites is NOT an apples to apples comparison.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Did I say my car was a street car? Why would you put 15" wheels on a 4th gen unless it was to put a better tire for traction? or to save weight?

Apples to apples!

Orange apples will give you a tummy ache.

Doug
Old 07-12-2008, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
might as well just get bogarts with that price
Bogarts are unsafe for street use. And I don't care if anybody's car is a street car or NOT, so save the stupid fruit analogies for another board- THESE wheels ARE made for street/strip use, and it's about damn time one of these wheel companies finally stepped up and made us a wheel that fits correctly without having to grind the freaking calipers.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^^^^^^^^^^So why screw us by charging 75.00 more per wheel than the same size for a mustang.
That bs about a different hoop costing 75.00 more PER WHEEL. Even if it were a casting that cost more to build, still 75.00? Being as they are billet it is just a cnc program. No way I spend 320.00 for a wheel that cost 245.00 for the same size for a mustang.

Also welds are not for street ues but that does'nt stop any body, Some bogarts are streetable!

I will never buy these wheels no matter how good they look.

WE CHARGE MORE BECAUSE WE CAN! additude is what loses customers.
I understand why bogarts cost more, because they are custom made to order per car. These are mass produced. Sorry I just think they are trying to rip us off.

Just my opinion. Like it or dont but dont hate.

Doug
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

Its not a charge more then you can, I think you are WAYYYYYY misinformed.

these wheels ARE NOT MASS Produced By the TONS.

this is a Specialty wheel designed Specifically for the brakes on these Cars.

This is a Standard Hoop.

This is the Ls1 Hoop

Do you see a difference there?????

And yes the Center is CNC. And a different forging to allow for some added caliper clearance that was needed on the pad. The Hoop is where the Biggest Problem is as the Dropcenter of the Standard wheel is where the caliper clearance needed to be, since the ls1/lt1 cars came with 16" wheels Stock.

P.S. watch jegs pricing Start to go up since everyone was given a price increase, as the cost of aluminum has gone up.

Last edited by Dragwheelz.com; 07-12-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah just make them all like that and dont worry about the others because if it will fit ls1 brakes it will fit any other cars So why make both when you can just make one. I have always been 100% fan of these wheels and still am, but raising the price that much more is going to hurt sale's. But you do have people that think your car will blow up if you grind your calipers a little so im sure they will pay the price for them. Hell i can buy 2 sets of greg welds or or summit stars for the price of those
Old 07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragwheelz.com
Its not a charge more then you can, I think you are WAYYYYYY misinformed.

these wheels ARE NOT MASS Produced By the TONS.

this is a Specialty wheel designed Specifically for the brakes on these Cars.

This is a Standard Hoop.

This is the Ls1 Hoop

Do you see a difference there?????

And yes the Center is CNC. And a different forging to allow for some added caliper clearance that was needed on the pad. The Hoop is where the Biggest Problem is as the Dropcenter of the Standard wheel is where the caliper clearance needed to be, since the ls1/lt1 cars came with 16" wheels Stock.

P.S. watch jegs pricing Start to go up since everyone was given a price increase, as the cost of aluminum has gone up.

Well i will apologize to you when I see the price in my jegs catalog say 319.00 ea. There is not 20.00s difference between the 15x3.5s and the 15x12s so saying they are 75.00 more per wheel because the hoop is different is hard for me, and I'll bet a lot of others to beleive.

Yes the hoop looks different but so what, It still came from the same ingot of billet and the same cnc machine.

Sorry man I just dont buy it. And I wont.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

I think your not understanding.

This fitment is Only useable in a 7.5" backspace. So making 1 is not going to work as that is what the problem was from the beginning. The standard 10" hoop would not work. This revised hoop will not do any other BS expect 7.5. It was and is Designed Specifically for the F-body brakes.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

Hoops are not Cnc Milled. They are Spun. The Centers are what is CNC Milled.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

I GET IT. You dont get what I'm saying. you stated earlier you thought there would be more interest! I just answered it. 75.00 more per wheel. Your not gonna sell as many w/ your fbody upcharge.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats $300 more per set...that is quite alot but then again it is a very specific item..only fits one type of car so maybe thats why its $75 more each wheel...if you were a company that makes a ton of wheels imagie making a new wheels that only fits ONE application...that would suck. Either way aside from price and everything else, i love the wheels!! good luck with sales
Old 07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^^^^ I dont think the fronts will be 75.00 more per wheel but then again who could have forseen the ls1 upcharge (Just what I'm calling it)
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

we can not set a price on the front as of yet Since they are not in production. With the front wheel, that could possibly stay the same pricing as you really only offer a 15x3.5 with 1 offset. So that could be a revised Standard wheel where it will be all the fronts will have the same clearance which could possibly even give us a greater flexibility in working with Bigger aftermarket brakes as well. Where as This wheel is only used in a 7.5"Bs only application specific to the F bodies.

Due to that wheel not released yett and still being worked on, i can not say or comment on that pricing.

Fenix thank you for understanding and kind words.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
8 Second Club

From what I can see in the picture that you posted, the LS1 specific hoop is a two piece design that has a secondary operation of welding the 2 pieces together. Finding somebody to do that kind of welding for less than $75 isn't going to happen. I think the price increase is justified. Love the wheels .I have the original design on my 01 SS. Good Luck.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z8'S
From what I can see in the picture that you posted, the LS1 specific hoop is a two piece design that has a secondary operation of welding the 2 pieces together. Finding somebody to do that kind of welding for less than $75 isn't going to happen. I think the price increase is justified. Love the wheels .I have the original design on my 01 SS. Good Luck.
Those are absolutely not welded by a human. That is machine welded.

And where are the pics of them mounted on a fbody?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice to see they finally fit and that you have pics to prove so, but with the price looks like ill be running the set up i have now for awhile yet. nice looking wheels, would like to see the fronts too when they are ready.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98catfish
Those are absolutely not welded by a human. That is machine welded.

And where are the pics of them mounted on a fbody?
i'm sure you're right, but there's no way you can tell that's machine welded. i weld for a living. you put round stock on a turn-table and sit on your *** with the gun in one spot, provided you're competant enough to do so. the weld ends up looking more like a rolled edge than a bead.

AND whether it's human-welded, or done by robotics, NEITHER are free. Argon and CO2, ALUMINUM ROD/WIRE, setup/teardown time, added inspection process, consumables like wire/tips/liners/circuitry....when you REALLY sit down and look at what these wheels cost to make, $75 is NOT in any way overpriced.

i'm not a sales rep, i'm not trying to change your mind, but these wheels are EXACTLY what the LSx/LTx community has been waiting for. they are going to be in high demand and on backorder as soon as they are released i'm sure.

nothing wrong with Bogart's, nothing wrong with Jeg's/Summit's Prostars, or Weld's, or Centerline's, etc...but i'll pay the $75/wheel to not spend an afternoon compromising my brakes' structural integrity, whether there's any REAL danger in caliper grinding or not...
Old 07-13-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice wheels, and for $100 over a rotten *** prostar that fits with out grinding is a good deal for me. Everybody complains about having to grind the brakes so now you dont , but $75 extra for a perfect fitting awsome looking wheel is to much to pay??? i sugest you get a new hobby. Dragwheelz do you happen to have any pics on any f-bodies so we can see what they look like and how the clearance is?? thanks for all you info and time.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

no pics on a car?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99zman
Nice wheels, and for $100 over a rotten *** prostar that fits with out grinding is a good deal for me. Everybody complains about having to grind the brakes so now you dont , but $75 extra for a perfect fitting awsome looking wheel is to much to pay??? i sugest you get a new hobby. Dragwheelz do you happen to have any pics on any f-bodies so we can see what they look like and how the clearance is?? thanks for all you info and time.
Originally Posted by slmdLS1
no pics on a car?
Maybe he'll listen to you, aparently I've pissed him off because I've been asking for a couple of days.

Quick Reply: Billet Specialties Street Lite Direct Fit 15x10 rear Is avail for Shipping in 2 weeks