Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Bogart D10's

hmm pic not working? oh well
Old 10-10-2003, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, guys I'm very happy with them.

Bill: I went with 26x11.5 ET Streets and they fit great. Unfortunately, they are not sticking so well at the track for me. I think my next tires are going to be 28x9 ET Drags. The downside if I do that is that I'll have to get the Bogarts drilled for screws .
Thanks Ken, again beautiful wheels and car you got! One thing you might want to try regarding the tires spinning on the rim is to use a little glue (the kind comes with tire patch kits) around the bead area - I've heard of guys having good results with this method, and it saves drilling holes in your rims!

Steve, sent ya another mail - gonna get me the RT's.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen where people use a little dish soap inside the tire for a better stick. Haven't tried it, not sure how much to use.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Why does it seem that the price on Bogart wheels is as well kept a secret as the combination to the vault at the bank?

What is the price I could expect to pay for a set of 15X4 and 15X9.75?

I can't even find a good price searching the internet. All I see is here is list and call for "our special pice".

I have the stock 16" wheels eit ET streets now and want to fo to a 15" wheel.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been quoted wildly different prices on the same rims. It's really been that way since the they first started hitting the market (circa early 90's). I think it stems from them being a "custom" wheel manufacture.

I just placed an order with Steve. His prices were the best I've seen on the Bogarts specifically designed for our cars.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are not permitted to post discounted prices. We can only show retail prices. Anyone can e-mail us with their wants/desires and shipping information and get a personalized quote VERY quickly.

Price is important; another important area is customer service. It can be important to many customers that staff is knowledgeable with their products and can guide a consumer and help them understand any unclear areas they may have. I prefer to speak with all clients to be sure both parties are on the same level and are going in the right direction to reach whatever goals he/she may have.

The retail price listed give you an idea of what one would normally spend on a set of rims. They are not inexpensive BUT they are show quality rims made for our cars and the lightest on the market for their class.

It is a rim that is hard to compare to a weld prostar, centerline etc as that would be like comparing a Budnick rim (just mentioning the name as it was recently posted) to a SLP takeoff rim. Not that either rims are a bad choice, there are different materials and workmanship that goes into each type of wheel. The increase in labor/materials obviously affects the increased cost to the consumer.

Obviously all rims are round and work...lol It is of personal choice to what one wants to put on their vehicle. Using the previous wheels as an example, for guys whom want a very inexpensive wheel to that works and meets the persons goals...an SLP takeoff rim is a great choice. If one wanted a specific look, higher quality workmanship and greater attention to details, a budnick may be a more appropriate choice rim.

Pertaining to our rims, appearance is subjective and not everyone likes the same thing... From a measurable standpoint, the rims are the lightest on the market while retaining similar strength characteristics of other manufactures rims. We have had ONE rim failure to date of production for ALL F-body sales. They are also designed for our car, fitment is not an issue as with other drag wheels. In addition, B/S and sizes are optimized.

In closing, keep in mind, these are not mass produced rims, they are custom made/designed. Comparing price alone to other custom designed rims one will find our prices are in line if not more reasonable then many.

Hope this helps some

Steve
Old 10-11-2003, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

We are not permitted to post discounted prices. We can only show retail prices. Anyone can e-mail us with their wants/desires and shipping information and get a personalized quote VERY quickly.
I can certainly vouch for that! Shoot Steve an email - I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with the price he quotes in comparison to the regular retail ones floating around.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Steve, you have a PM. Could be another wwinter project. Although Absolute Speed just took a lot of $$.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill,

I received your email BUT I cannot respond as it appears your mailbox is full and my messages are bouncing back to me.

Steve, you should have mail.

For everyone else, in general for fast responses, please email us directly as sometimes we don't go online to sites as often as we would like to.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about that Steve, got it cleared out now!

Quick Reply: Bogart D10's