Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Firebird Double DIN bezels

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
This is what a Pioneer AVIC-D3 looks like with C5 Kidd's prototype bezel - very similar to the one's Kee Audio is doing:

where would you mount the asr button and the other factory swith above the factory stereo unit....?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1/4milerunnerZ28
where would you mount the asr button and the other factory swith above the factory stereo unit....?
You are thinking about a Camaro... 'Birds don't have that stuff there.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Teching In

I'm interested in one! I've pm'd you already. thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

I wish I had the money for that right now!!! looks really good!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Kee, can you please put me on the list of pm's when you have the double din's ready for sale on the camaro's. I want one. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Default Hey Knee

Hey Nee, Will the JVC KW-AVX810 fit the trans am bezel. I talk to you on the phone last week about the Clarion dvd player and the mustang radio. If you could let me know that would be great.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

also in for a camaro one. i would send you my bezel as i already have a portion of i cutout for my scanmaster...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

x1000 on the Camaro bezel! Waiting to see if you're gonna do it before I puchase my new headunit!

How's that sub box coming along, Ian? Ever find out anything about that speaker wire?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All right guys, sorry for the delays on these, I just got back in town and I've been super sick the past few days.
I have sold off the 4 bezels I just made and I have 2 more Firebird ones in the works I am fabbing up as we speak (actually 3 but 1 is sold already to a member here with a new unit as well).
I will be getting in a few more bezels here soon.
As for the Camaro one I am still working on it and think I have found a piece I can use that is suitable. I cut the bezel this afternoon and the new piece looks like it is going to work nicely. No promises yet but I definetly want to fab this one up first before I do anything on them because I want it to be right. I also want to be able to duplicate it so I am taking mental notes on cuts and what not.
I will be doing a write up soon on how to make one for those who want to try it. I took some pictures of the last one I made from start to finish. I didn't realize all the steps I was going threw until I actually stopped to take pictures for each step. It of course doesn't show all the small stuff like cutting the plastic pieces and getting showered in hot melted plastic, the extensive sanding it takes to blend everything, etc.
After this month I won't be able to make many of these as I will be having surgery on my lower back December 3. I am trying to get as many of these done as I can so bare with me!!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
All right guys, sorry for the delays on these, I just got back in town and I've been super sick the past few days.
I have sold off the 4 bezels I just made and I have 2 more Firebird ones in the works I am fabbing up as we speak (actually 3 but 1 is sold already to a member here with a new unit as well).
I will be getting in a few more bezels here soon.
As for the Camaro one I am still working on it and think I have found a piece I can use that is suitable. I cut the bezel this afternoon and the new piece looks like it is going to work nicely. No promises yet but I definetly want to fab this one up first before I do anything on them because I want it to be right. I also want to be able to duplicate it so I am taking mental notes on cuts and what not.
I will be doing a write up soon on how to make one for those who want to try it. I took some pictures of the last one I made from start to finish. I didn't realize all the steps I was going threw until I actually stopped to take pictures for each step. It of course doesn't show all the small stuff like cutting the plastic pieces and getting showered in hot melted plastic, the extensive sanding it takes to blend everything, etc.
After this month I won't be able to make many of these as I will be having surgery on my lower back December 3. I am trying to get as many of these done as I can so bare with me!!
Sorry to hear about the surgery... I'll pre-pay for a Camaro one to make sure I get in on it.

I don't even have a double-din yet but don't want to miss out
Old 11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Sorry to hear about the surgery... I'll pre-pay for a Camaro one to make sure I get in on it.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Teching In

how much is the bezel and will it for a pioneer f900bt
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would also like one for the camaro to fit the Kenwood DNX7100 if you decide to produce them.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER

Same here. I have been waiting to see what you came up with for a camaro double din. Definitely interested.

Good luck with the recovery from your surgery.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Banned

If you need a Camaro bezel to work on I can send you one...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

i will buy one for a TA if you still have one available.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got a bunch of stock Firebird bezels back in and I have found a reliable source for a bunch more.
I have a couple of Camaro one but have been having issues with trying to get the piece I use for the actual surround to seat the way I want it to. It's still trial and error on that one right now and the demand for the Firebird one is all I can handle right now as it is.
I am working on these and I think what I am going to have to do next week is just set up an assembly line type table in my shop and go to town on these. Every single one is handmade so it is time consuming to say the least.
I know I've been saying this for awhile now but hang in there I will have some more soon!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

sounds good... i know how these things can be. just pm me when you get one available and i will buy it from you. thanks

-Dustin
Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

does your steering wheel controls still work with the avic-d3?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

anymore luck the camaro ones? im curious to see how they turn out.

Quick Reply: Firebird Double DIN bezels