Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where do you hide your iPod adapter and iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where do you hide your iPod adapter and iPod?

I just bought this...

Where do you guys hide them at? I've thought about stashing it behind the CD player and running the wire through the ashtray and keep my iPod there if it'll fit. It's an iPod Nano if that helps.

Any ideas?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

take that adapter back and get a CD player that has a built in adapter. unless you got it for free I would personally reccomend getting a unit with a built in USB like a pioneer. I have seen all too many ipod boxes "go bad" with no reasoning why. THat unit will fit behind the radio and the cable can go to the glove box.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a flip out jvc dash screen when I had my formula, and had the ipod adaptor for it. I have an older smaller ipod nano, so I took the pocket out that is in front of the shifter, drilled a hole in the back of it, took my air saw to it, and made a rectangle hole to fit the ipod connection thru. The 'brain' portion of the adaptor, I put it behind the ride side of the center console. It fit perfect. I had my main brain for my headunit under my passenger seat, so it worked even better. But, if you have a regular jvc head-unit, should still have enough cable length, if not, put it up behind the glovebox (hard to describe) where in essence it would be below the airvent. This is where I usually hid the alarm brain when doing alarm installs in these cars.

*Sorry didn't read your username*

Behind the glove box is probably your best bed. There is usually all kinds of room up under a dash.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks!

ultraz, I bought the adapter off Amazon for $15 shipped so if it quits after the warranty runs out, it won't be too big of a deal.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have that in my SS. Don't see why you would want to take it back and get a different unit, i got mine for about 15 as well off Ebay, if it goes bad no big deal. Its worked for about 14 months though, i think it will be fine. I have mine sitting upright along the driver side, under the center console right around where the ash tray is. A4 car. Fits like a glove, and ran the cord into the console. Its nice to control the ipod through the head unit. Works great and no complaint.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

But the stock head unit sounds like ***. . . A 100 Dollar after market deck sounds better than the stocker turd.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
TCW
On The Tree

Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samson_420
But the stock head unit sounds like ***. . . A 100 Dollar after market deck sounds better than the stocker turd.
I'm pretty sure this can't be used on a stock head unit. Its made so you can run the ipod through JVC CD changer controls, on JVC head units.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Teching In

How do I get the trim off? I don't see any screws and don't want to pull it off the wrong way.