Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound Deadner Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn dude good job u makin me feel hella bad. i forreal was proud of myself when i was done (even bragging that i did a better job than some pics on the dynamat box)... until i saw this! not only did it take the same amount a time.. 5 days (n i didnt even do the doors or roof yet), this fawkin dynamat prolly weighs and cost twice as much and ur **** looks ten times cleaner! to say it was a pain in the *** is an understatement it was more like a pain in the peehole. but it was also fun and also gave me a chance to give it the detail of its life! see look...

worst part is that it didnt really give a difference than what i expected..
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks damn gooooooood!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you go under the car with 1-2 cans of some spray-can truck bedliner you'll cut the noise level down a little further.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by W.hiteS.6
damn dude good job u makin me feel hella bad. i forreal was proud of myself when i was done (even bragging that i did a better job than some pics on the dynamat box)... until i saw this! not only did it take the same amount a time.. 5 days (n i didnt even do the doors or roof yet), this fawkin dynamat prolly weighs and cost twice as much and ur **** looks ten times cleaner! to say it was a pain in the *** is an understatement it was more like a pain in the peehole. but it was also fun and also gave me a chance to give it the detail of its life! see look...

What were you expecting? What differnce did it make?

I only did the rear area of my camaro and to me it made a hell of a difference. One recomendation i'd say from your install is to put some dynamat behind the midbass speaker hole doesn't look like you put any. But over all you did a great job.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Over the last 5 days I have been installing 120sq ft of eDead sound deadner. Just got the interior back in today so I'll be trying everything out tomorrow to see how it sounds. Yes it took FOREVER and was somewhat of a PIA.

I did the entire car including the inside and outside of the doors, the fender wells inside the sail panel speaker hole, and double layered the center hump. I hope it's worth it
So how does it sound?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

very well done, btw i just got the same amp ur using. what are u using it for and how is it performing
Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Brian, do you have a mini write up on how to remove the interior? Like the sail panels, carpet and what not? I have NEVER taken anything out of my car.

I am soooooooo jealous of all you. You guys seem to have nothing but free time. I have a 11 month old boy, my car sits at my moms. I would love to start workign on the car, but fvcking winter sux here in chi-town....
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea a mini write up would be awsome my car is loud as hell inside with the cut out open i would love to quiet it down
Old 01-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Guys,

I spoke to Elemental Designs today. They are the company that makes the Edead product. I was very impressed with all the details about the product and i went ahead and ordered 120sqft. I of course used the code that gives the 20% discount, which ended up taking care of the shipping. Just for everyones knowledge, the 80 is about 20mils thicker than dynamat xtreame. Personally i wouldnt recommend going any smaller than the 80. They also have a 120mil product which is double the thickness of dynamat xtreame. I might end up getting some of the 120 to do the tunnel in my car. It actually would work out cheaper than doubling up 80. For the price i really dont know how you can beat this product. Shipping is also very fast, it most likely will ship out the day after you place the order. Hope this info helps
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

removing the interior is simple....

do a search if you get stuck on something...

basically all the rear panels (like where jack and spare go) and all the plastic pieces lining the side of the car must come off..

take the front/rear seats out.. the front seats just have 4 bolts each, VERY easy.. the backs are about as hard..

then take your middle console out.. there are like 10 or so bolts/screws on it..

after that slide your console up and over the gear shifter/e brake.. again, do a search if you dont know how to do this.. (the shifter must be in D and parking brake engaged)..

pull the carpet out...

reverse order for everythhing to go back in.. hope i didnt miss anything..

it is VERY VERY VERY simple.. just take your time and dont force anything.. some screws are tucked away.. most are right there easy to get out..
shouldnt need a full write up to take it out.. its about as hard as changing your oil.. probably easier..
Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

how do you take the sail panels off?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

not sureo n that.... all i was doing was removing carpet... so i didnt need those off...
Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Didn't realize this thread was still going! Let's see if I can help out

That is definitely something to be proud of! It's not an easy task. Might I ask you if you could notice anything from putting sound deadner on the top of the hatch? That's the one area that I didn't do and am considering ordering more to cover that. My stealthbox sub still rattles the trunk ever so lightly.

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Hey Brian, do you have a mini write up on how to remove the interior? Like the sail panels, carpet and what not? I have NEVER taken anything out of my car.
Taking the interior out is easier than you think. I had mine out in under an hour by myself. Just locate every bolt and clip.

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
Guys,

I spoke to Elemental Designs today. They are the company that makes the Edead product. I was very impressed with all the details about the product and i went ahead and ordered 120sqft. I of course used the code that gives the 20% discount, which ended up taking care of the shipping. Just for everyones knowledge, the 80 is about 20mils thicker than dynamat xtreame. Personally i wouldnt recommend going any smaller than the 80. They also have a 120mil product which is double the thickness of dynamat xtreame. I might end up getting some of the 120 to do the tunnel in my car. It actually would work out cheaper than doubling up 80. For the price i really dont know how you can beat this product. Shipping is also very fast, it most likely will ship out the day after you place the order. Hope this info helps
Let us know how the install goes. You SERIOUSLY cannot beat their price and quality much less their great customer service.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also, installing the carpet again was a piece of cake. It fits in there like a glove and you won't have any issues. In fact, I had 4 1/4" SCREW HOLES in the carpet between the rear seats that was used for mounting my nitrous bottle brackets. I was extremely surprised to see every single hole lineup perfectly without any adjustments
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

I might have to do this. I've been pulling weight hardcore lately and the wife is beginning to bitch about riding in the car cause its loud and obnoxious, lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Brian how do you remove the plastic sail panels that are in the car? That looks the hardest and gettign the clothes hanger off too.

And $2 a sqft that seems a little expensive? But then again i have not compared their products to other products that are out on the market.

Is it worth it to do the both doors? My whole sound system is still stock. the most i will do is get a new hu and prolly front and rear speakers. So if i do not do the doors, how many sqft would i need to do the whole car?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Might have to do this. Great pics guys. eDead looks like its the way to go. I priced Dynamat when I first got the car and totally forgot about doing this after seeing the price.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Hey Brian how do you remove the plastic sail panels that are in the car? That looks the hardest and gettign the clothes hanger off too.

And $2 a sqft that seems a little expensive? But then again i have not compared their products to other products that are out on the market.

Is it worth it to do the both doors? My whole sound system is still stock. the most i will do is get a new hu and prolly front and rear speakers. So if i do not do the doors, how many sqft would i need to do the whole car?
The inner sail panels are completely clipped in. Remove the clothes hangar by pulling that center tab out and the whole hangar should remove. After that, you just begin "un-popping" it.

Probably the most worthwhile portion is the doors. Even if I had stock speakers I would still double up in there
Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

pulled my interior last night and getting started today. what did you guys use to cut the sections with?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
pulled my interior last night and getting started today. what did you guys use to cut the sections with?
I would jsut use a razor blade

Quick Reply: Sound Deadner Install Pics