Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound Deadner Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed 62.5ft^2, 1 roll, of RaaMat last night and found it was easier and faster to cut the mat with tin snips then use the razor to cut the holes over the seat belt bolt holes, seat studs, etc. 1 roll covered the front and rear passenger areas including trans tunnel and most of the hatch. I still have another roll of mat and 6 yards of ensolite to install, will probably use half a roll on the doors and the rest to finish up the truck/wheel well area, then i'll put a layer or two of ensolite everywhere I can (6 yrds is 84ft^2). BTW, it took me 4 hours to install the roll last night (interior was already out of the car). I found that the trans tunnel and the middle section of the hatch hump (above the fuel tank) are the "hollowest" parts, definitely double or triple up on those. I will take some pictures later and post them.

Brian2006 and everyone else, did you think about sealing up the access holes of the doors with some aluminum sheeting and deadener or did you ditch the idea because of the lock rods. Im going to install some big split wire loom so that the bent sections of the rods can still move freely, then cut some aluminum, rtv it to cover the access holes and deaden around it. I want to seal the doors up as good as possible.

Damn, sounds like a lot of work, if I can get the doors done tonight, ill be happy.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
I just installed 62.5ft^2, 1 roll, of RaaMat last night and found it was easier and faster to cut the mat with tin snips then use the razor to cut the holes over the seat belt bolt holes, seat studs, etc. 1 roll covered the front and rear passenger areas including trans tunnel and most of the hatch. I still have another roll of mat and 6 yards of ensolite to install, will probably use half a roll on the doors and the rest to finish up the truck/wheel well area, then i'll put a layer or two of ensolite everywhere I can (6 yrds is 84ft^2). BTW, it took me 4 hours to install the roll last night (interior was already out of the car). I found that the trans tunnel and the middle section of the hatch hump (above the fuel tank) are the "hollowest" parts, definitely double or triple up on those. I will take some pictures later and post them.

Brian2006 and everyone else, did you think about sealing up the access holes of the doors with some aluminum sheeting and deadener or did you ditch the idea because of the lock rods. Im going to install some big split wire loom so that the bent sections of the rods can still move freely, then cut some aluminum, rtv it to cover the access holes and deaden around it. I want to seal the doors up as good as possible.

Damn, sounds like a lot of work, if I can get the doors done tonight, ill be happy.
Very interested to hear about your results and see your pics. This is the product I'm going to go with more than likely. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Ill try to do another 4 hours of work tonight, the goal is to finish the doors and use the remaining roll for the hatch/wheel wells, then ensolite tomorrow night. I'll definitely get pictures up tomorrow of the car before I start the ensolite. I need to hurry and get this damn thing finished, I had to drive my car all week without a stereo and nothing but a dash and drivers seat.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anybody done this with a louder exhaust setup.... im looking to do mine possibly..

i want to know what you would do with 1 chambers before the axle.. im not looking to make it stock quiet sound level of course...
but i would like to have it a TAD quieter for when im driving like a straight hour or something..

anybody got any PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of where they put it to quiet it down with a similar exhaust setup (at least before axle).. $
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 AM
TECH Resident

I have a Magnaflow catback with a cutout so I could update you with results when I am finished because the car is pretty loud with the cutout open. I also ordered a DMH Electric Cutout so I could make it loud or quiet depending on my mood.

Update...
Sent another 4 hours on the deadening and was able to finish the wheel wells and rear hatch area, the outer door panel (was a lot easier than I thought it would be, you can access the entire area through the access holes), and small areas here and there. Now I just have to do the inner door panels which look like they will be a pain in the a$$ and ensolite the entire car.

Tomorrow night I think I will work on it again and do the ensolite, I do have work monday morning but I have to get this damn thing finished.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

this stuff made a world of a difference with my cam, LTs, and TDs. i doubled the trans tunnel, back seat area, over the fuel tank, 1/4s, and trunk area. also did the back part of the hatch. still need to do the roof, sails, and doors

i can actually have a conversation again
Old 01-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Just ordered 120 sq. foot of eDead. 40 sq. feet of 120 mil & 80 sq. feet of 80 mil.

I can't wait to get my car lined in this stuff. It looks great. I'm definitely going to put the 120 on the doors & hopefully have some left over for the drive shaft tunnel.

Looks like I've got a nice little project in my near future!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kikaofazz
Just ordered 120 sq. foot of eDead. 40 sq. feet of 120 mil & 80 sq. feet of 80 mil.

I can't wait to get my car lined in this stuff. It looks great. I'm definitely going to put the 120 on the doors & hopefully have some left over for the drive shaft tunnel.

Looks like I've got a nice little project in my near future!
How much was the total?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
How much was the total?
300(-20%) + 52.90 UPS ground shipping =$292.90

IMO a fair price to pay. I figured if I am going to keep the car, the might as well add as many "creature" comforts as possible. I make a fair amount of road trips each year (2-3) so this will be very worthwhile. I honestly can't wait to do the install!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

IMO a fair price to pay. I figured if I am going to keep the car, the might as well add as many "creature" comforts as possible. I make a fair amount of road trips each year (2-3) so this will be very worthwhile. I honestly can't wait to do the install!
How did you get 20% off? can you PM me. I still think this stuff is expensive, but it seems a lot better than dynamat..

Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

I just finished installing 125sq ft. of RaaMat and 84 sq ft of Ensolite closed cell foam. The interior is definitely quieter (but don't expect too much) but I am more impressed with the improved sound quality. The subwoofer sounds so much cleaner, the front components sound GREAT and I got rid of just about every rattle in the car. Just be ready to spend an ENTIRE weekend and I mean ENTIRE weekend to complete the install or do what I did and do alittle at a time.
I started installing my Viper 5900 alarm with remote start, automatic window module, front component speakers, 2 amps, sub with stealth box, electric cutout, RaaMat, and ensolite mid December and I am still not finished putting the interior back together although obviously I have been taking my time and can't really work on it as much as I want with a wife and 19 month old. Good luck, just take your time and do it right the first time.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW YOU ARE MY HERO LOL.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

How did you get 20% off? can you PM me. I still think this stuff is expensive, but it seems a lot better than dynamat..

Thanks
For 20% off use "eDeadBA" as a coupon code. Thanks OP!

I agree with you about the quality, it really looks like some good stuff. For the price, it's really hard to beat!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
I just finished installing 125sq ft. of RaaMat and 84 sq ft of Ensolite closed cell foam. The interior is definitely quieter (but don't expect too much) but I am more impressed with the improved sound quality. The subwoofer sounds so much cleaner, the front components sound GREAT and I got rid of just about every rattle in the car. Just be ready to spend an ENTIRE weekend and I mean ENTIRE weekend to complete the install or do what I did and do alittle at a time.
I started installing my Viper 5900 alarm with remote start, automatic window module, front component speakers, 2 amps, sub with stealth box, electric cutout, RaaMat, and ensolite mid December and I am still not finished putting the interior back together although obviously I have been taking my time and can't really work on it as much as I want with a wife and 19 month old. Good luck, just take your time and do it right the first time.
Oh yeah, if I'm lucky, it'll only take a weekend. I can see it taking every bit of 4-5 days, especially to get it to look as nice as the OPs work!

I, too, am looking forward to a much cleaner sound out of my system. I only have 1-10" sub now, but my old 15s rattled the **** outta the rear interior panels. Hopefully the Edead will take care of that (or most of it). It will be worth it to me just to be able to have a conversation without talking loudly or having to ask "WHAT?" like an old man.

I will definitely post pics of the install next week.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

What is the difference between the 80 and 120?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

What is the difference between the 80 and 120?
50% more material
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
50% more material
but the 80 will do the the same job too....
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

As previously mentioned the 120 is twice as thick as Dynamat extreme. That's why I'm using the 120 for my doors & tunnel. I want the rattle/clank sound gone from my doors!! If that happens, I'll consider it worthwhile.

The 80 will do the same job, but I would rather not layer up if I later decided there wasn't enough. I figured if I'm going through the hassle, I'm gonna do it right (hopefully! LOL)
Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

ok i lied it made a hell of a difference especially after i did the doors! like someone els sed b4 they close with a "thump". it really makes the noise of my duals xpipe loudmouths dumped b4 the axle bareable and improves the sound system a whole bunch. n for the guy who asked im using 2 12" kenwood subs for a year now n they still hit hard n sound great. to remove the sail panals is easier than it looks, just get a flathead and pry out that little square box in the coat hanger (thats the lock) then just pull out. its just velcroed in three places behind it. the carpet goes on just fine no problems. i even left mine outside bc i had no more room in the garage and it even rained. it still fit in perfectly after drying.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

also.. how have you guys fixed the rattle from the metal shield thing for the gas tank under the car. i dont hear it rattle from inside but it rattles like a old school car from outside n its not a good look. also did you guys actually disarm the air bag system b4 doing this. i did it i know its easy but i rather not mess with it at all

Quick Reply: Sound Deadner Install Pics