Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound Deadner Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crossroads
thanks for sharing, im glad i got to read this before ordering anything
I was about to order edead myself just to see how it worked, but putting this stuff on ain't easy so i decided not to take a chance. I sure hope it works for the people who have it already though.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, do inside the doors, the floors, behind the sail subs, and the bodybag area in the back, including the driverside and sparetire area. You want to use a 1/2" layer of closecell foam in the doors, in the sail panels, and behind the spare tire.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Originally Posted by brapril714
kikaofazz, how much has the sound deadening helped out?
Sorry, I died for a couple days! I'm in the middle of finishing up the install as well as adding VHT to my tails. The sound deadening has helped out tremendously. I typically drive to Little Rock from Fayetteville (175 miles) about once a week. I can tell you that it made a HUGE difference on the Highway. The exhaust now has a much more mellow tone from inside the cabin. No drone at all. It makes it a lot easier to have a conversation, also.

I'm only lacking coverage in the T-top compartment. Everywhere else has been covered. The doors were the most worthwhile IMO. It sounds like thunder when I shut my doors, not like rattles/clanks.

To those of you unsure of eDead: Remember there have been revisions made to ensure the quality is nothing short of superb. Don't let past (old) reviews stray you from an excellent product!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

so does this mean you will come do mine... since you are only a few minutes away when you are in little rock lol. jk... i have had mine sitting in the garage for like a month waiting to find time for me to install it.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hammbone
so does this mean you will come do mine... since you are only a few minutes away when you are in little rock lol. jk... i have had mine sitting in the garage for like a month waiting to find time for me to install it.
I would love to come do yours...As soon as the cuts all over my hands/arms heal! LOL. Seriously though, wearing mechanix gloves would be beneficial to anyone planning to cover the insides of their panels. That sheet metal is sharp as a mother. It looks like I was trying to cut myself just from doing the rear quarter panels.

I couldn't stand having 2 boxes in my garage just taking up space. I was a little giddy to get it all installed... Just make sure you start with a plan. It will save sooo much time rather than just ripping everything out at one time. I DD my car, so I couldn't afford to be without it for a week or more. It has taken me basically ALL of 3 weekends to get to the point where I am currently.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so again after i read that review from the car audio forum, you still recommend this stuff? They all said it was crap.....

That is why i have held off on ordering some
Old 02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
so again after i read that review from the car audio forum, you still recommend this stuff? They all said it was crap.....

Just remember, they are probably going off the old stuff. The new stuff just came out a month or two ago so I doubt that many people have purchased it and had bad luck with it already.
Kind of like Sony, a lot of people hate on sony but if they came out with the best speaker in the world people would probably still hate on them because of past bad experiences.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

Most opinions posted on said forum are based on an article printed in 2005 which compared the old asphalt-based product. Simply put, the asphalt-based core doesn't have the long-term adhering properties that the new product, which is butyl-based(the same as Dynamat Xtreme) has.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kikaofazz
Most opinions posted on said forum are based on an article printed in 2005 which compared the old asphalt-based product. Simply put, the asphalt-based core doesn't have the long-term adhering properties that the new product, which is butyl-based(the same as Dynamat Xtreme) has.
so then you're completly happy then?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my eDead and started installing it today. I only did the trunk area, and didnt even do it completely, but I can tell you that my sub hits significantly harder. I'm happy with it so far. But man is it a bitch!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
I got my eDead and started installing it today. I only did the trunk area, and didnt even do it completely, but I can tell you that my sub hits significantly harder. I'm happy with it so far. But man is it a bitch!!!
What makes it so hard to install? Isnt really jsut peel 'n stick?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

so then you're completly happy then?
Let's just say my expectations have been far exceeded. More than worth the $ IMO.

What makes it so hard to install? Isnt really jsut peel 'n stick?
It's not that the install is HARD. It's just time consuming, takes planning to get sections cut to proper dimensions, and can lead to headaches, bloodshed & blisters. It's all about taking your time to prep, measure & cut, the application is straight-forward: Peel, stick, roll.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

i heard that flashing tape works very well......and its available at home dopet and **** like that....
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's just say my expectations have been far exceeded. More than worth the $ IMO.

It's not that the install is HARD. It's just time consuming, takes planning to get sections cut to proper dimensions, and can lead to headaches, bloodshed & blisters. It's all about taking your time to prep, measure & cut, the application is straight-forward: Peel, stick, roll.
when you pull the carpet. Do you need to prep underneath? If so what do you need to do?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say a good, general cleaning to make sure the adhesive sticks to the car and not dust, etc..
Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

when you pull the carpet. Do you need to prep underneath? If so what do you need to do?
For prep, I dusted it off & wiped pretty much everything down with alcohol. You don't have to have the surface perfect, but it should be pretty clean.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to do this too but i have to amps in the back where my ttops go and i reall dont want o **** with the wiring back there, ill start with the doors first see how that goes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by davidadavila
i want to do this too but i have to amps in the back where my ttops go and i reall dont want o **** with the wiring back there, ill start with the doors first see how that goes
I started at the front and worked myself back. First was doors. Then, I pulled the main-cabin interior & installed under the carpet. Just so you know, the entire passenger-area carpet pulls out without having to disconnect your amps in the T-top compartment. But, don't let a little wiring get in the way of what needs to get done. Just take you time when you disconnect everything & label your wiring if you need to. It makes it a lot easier hooking it back up.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I started at the front and worked myself back. First was doors. Then, I pulled the main-cabin interior & installed under the carpet. Just so you know, the entire passenger-area carpet pulls out without having to disconnect your amps in the T-top compartment. But, don't let a little wiring get in the way of what needs to get done. Just take you time when you disconnect everything & label your wiring if you need to. It makes it a lot easier hooking it back up.
Also, here is a little helpful tip.. Several years ago, my windows, T-Tops and windshield were busted out. If you ever had any broken glass in your car, be careful when removing your carpet.. Little slivers of glass embedded in my hands when I removed my carpet. Use gloves and eye protection if you have any.

BTW, check out FATMAT. I swear by this stuff. Like everyone says, take your time and do what must be done. Don't let a few wires get in the way of your sound dampening.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Here's my rammat, https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ail-panel.html I also have a small piece of second skin damplifier (the best sound deadning company around today)laying around and about 40 sqft of rammat. It'd be interesting to get a hold of a sqft of edead and a couple other companies and do my own test on them.

Quick Reply: Sound Deadner Install Pics