Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock speaker replacement

Hey all dont know a whole lot about the sound aspect of things but the speaker thats in my passengers side door just sucks, rattles and vibrates to the point that its painful to listen to the radio. What are the best OEM replacement speakers and where can I get one at? Not really interested in an upgrade but at the same time I dont want to spend the money on a used OEM speaker. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kee audio makes a kit matched to our cars sound system
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you dont want heroic quality alpine coaxials arent bad. they are like $35 a pair on amazon too, at least the 6x8s were a year ago.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kee audio

Originally Posted by nemss1
kee audio makes a kit matched to our cars sound system
X2
This sounds like what you are looking for. I got Kee's standard speaker package and love them. Also, you won't have to worry about fitment problems either and Ian is a great person to work with.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

X3 on the Kee Audio Packages. I have the standard package as well.

http://keeaudio.com/id79.html
Old 02-15-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys!
Like said above Im not looking for heroic quality, something comparable to stock.
I looked around on the kee audio site but only saw the package, are the door speakers sold by themselves? Also are these plug and play with the stock wiring?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Thanks guys!
Like said above Im not looking for heroic quality, something comparable to stock.
I looked around on the kee audio site but only saw the package, are the door speakers sold by themselves? Also are these plug and play with the stock wiring?
i dont know much about the camaro fronts but im pretty darn sure they will wire up easily to any speaker of that size (6.5s i assume).

and as far as quality, any known name is going to be better than stock. unless you go to walmart and spend $10 on a pair of speakers they will be an improvement. kee audio does have "coaxials" which is what you are looking for but im pretty sure kee audio is more quality than cheap replacement. i'd go for alpines on amazon like i said if you really dont care.

or go to best buy, find speakers you like, buy on amazon. dont bother looking at bb's prices. the speakers i bought were over $100 a pair at best buy at the time.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
i dont know much about the camaro fronts but im pretty darn sure they will wire up easily to any speaker of that size (6.5s i assume).

and as far as quality, any known name is going to be better than stock. unless you go to walmart and spend $10 on a pair of speakers they will be an improvement. kee audio does have "coaxials" which is what you are looking for but im pretty sure kee audio is more quality than cheap replacement. i'd go for alpines on amazon like i said if you really dont care.

or go to best buy, find speakers you like, buy on amazon. dont bother looking at bb's prices. the speakers i bought were over $100 a pair at best buy at the time.
The front speakers on a Camaro aren't coaxial. They are component speakers (separate woofer and tweeter) that are mounted coaxially. I know it sounds like a minor point but the difference is that a coaxial wires as one speaker (one pair of wires), the coaxial components wire as two speakers (two pairs or wires). The speakers that Kee Audio sells are the correct coaxially mounted component type to match the factory wiring.

And yes...I know you can modify a coaxial speaker to work like a component set but I think the OP is looking for something simple.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ nevermind then. yeah that sucks for camaro owners as that is more rare....
Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

What are the lightest best sounding stock size speakers?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Late bump, but anyone else want to chime in? Starting to get really bad and Im thinking about getting the basic package. If you have the Kee audio package post up-let me know what you think of it.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

I don't have the whole package but I have the CDT door speakers from Kee Audio and I have been very impressed. They are a significant improvement over stock.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

I have the basic KEE AUDIO package and love it. It was well worth the money.

Save yourself the headache and just buy this Monsoon compatible package.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Launching!

I have CDT comps and Bazooka DVC sails. They are great replacements and I would think they are cheaper and easier to find than a set of OEM Monsoons. Besides, if you have one blown speaker now, the rest will follow shortly.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

I have last years version of his premium front speakers and they are a huge improvement over the stock units. They are excellant speakers for the price. Plus the owner is a great guy to deal with and he really knows his stuff if you need technical help.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

For those of you with the Kee Audio Package, Have you installed these speakers in with your stock monsoon deck? Can you buy the Kee Audio package and then put a better amp in the system as well while still keeping the monsoon deck? I looked at the package online and it looks great. I am just wondering if I can also put in another amp along with the speaker package and how it will affect things?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

I bought new OEM speakers off of eBay a couple years ago. I am pleased with the stock sound. But, I spent about the same price for them, as the Kee Audio set (which I don't think was available 2 years ago....or at least, i was unaware of it). Had I known about it, I'm sure I would have went with the Kee speakers.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

My wife just got me a new head unit from best buy. Its a basic little pioneer head unit, cost like a 100 bucks plus install, nothing fancy. Would the key audio package still work with it? Also the tech at best buy said they could match the price of the basic kee audio package with all pioneer speakers-didnt get the specifics as I was walking out. What do yall think?

I appreciate the help fellas. I could tear the entire drive train apart by myself and be fairly confident, but I know exactly jack and **** about this audio stuff.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
My wife just got me a new head unit from best buy. Its a basic little pioneer head unit, cost like a 100 bucks plus install, nothing fancy. Would the key audio package still work with it? Also the tech at best buy said they could match the price of the basic kee audio package with all pioneer speakers-didnt get the specifics as I was walking out. What do yall think?

I appreciate the help fellas. I could tear the entire drive train apart by myself and be fairly confident, but I know exactly jack and **** about this audio stuff.
most anyone can take anything apart, so thats not really much to brag about. AND you would probably have your daddy help you take it apart so I'm thinking that the most accurate statement there would be that you dont know jack ****. Anyways

if all you're looking for is stock quality sound why agonize over it, just buy anything. Who gives a ****, its just a stock POS system
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thebulgd
most anyone can take anything apart, so thats not really much to brag about. AND you would probably have your daddy help you take it apart so I'm thinking that the most accurate statement there would be that you dont know jack ****. Anyways

if all you're looking for is stock quality sound why agonize over it, just buy anything. Who gives a ****, its just a stock POS system
Oh jeez thanks Robert!

I wasn't trying to brag, just stating that In knew how to turn a wrench fairly well, and illustrate the point that I know nothing about audio, jackass. Where do you think I learned that from? Oh ya when your motor fell the **** apart and I got a call saying "Please help me Kc, I'm so puny and weak I cant do it all on my own...Que the whambulance...I think I brought you some french cries too, *******.

You know what? You really are an internet tough guy, you give me **** for anything I post up and when you call me EVERY DAY because your sooooo damn bored driving to work your a whole lot nicer...wait, no your not. your still an *******.

So thanks for your utterly irrelevant post, *******. Talk to ya tomorrow.

EDIT: And my dad wont be helping me out with the stuff I have to do to the car. You will and you know it.