Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

tweeter install

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweeter install

what do i tie the tweeters into? Does it matter?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

it does matter.

do they come with mids as a set or just tweeters? do they come with crossovers? are you amping them?

these will need to be answered before anyone can accurately answer your question.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

I want to get a decent set of tweeters, but know nothing about them. Any help would be great.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are best off to get a set of full components. they will come with mids and crossovers to get the proper sound. then you can use the signal going to your front speakers and the crossovers will do all of the work.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002redhawk
I want to get a decent set of tweeters, but know nothing about them. Any help would be great.
If you know nothing about them, how do you know you need them? Never mind...just kidding.

What do you currently have in the car? For example, adding tweeters to the factory Monsoon system is fairly easy because the signal is already filtered at the door speakers. Adding them to an aftermarket system can be just as easy depending on how it's set up and what types of speakers you are already using.

There are other questions you should think about. For example, there are different kinds and materials for tweeters. Each has its own advantage and disadvantages as well as differences in sound (e.g. silk dome tweeters sound softer and smoother whereas metal dome tweeters sound brighter and can reproduce higher frequencies better but they sometimes sound harsh).
Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
If you know nothing about them, how do you know you need them? Never mind...just kidding.

What do you currently have in the car? For example, adding tweeters to the factory Monsoon system is fairly easy because the signal is already filtered at the door speakers. Adding them to an aftermarket system can be just as easy depending on how it's set up and what types of speakers you are already using.

There are other questions you should think about. For example, there are different kinds and materials for tweeters. Each has its own advantage and disadvantages as well as differences in sound (e.g. silk dome tweeters sound softer and smoother whereas metal dome tweeters sound brighter and can reproduce higher frequencies better but they sometimes sound harsh).
all good points. also, if you are getting a component system there are some that will work off your stock system, and others that require their own dedicated amp.

If you are adding only tweeters to your existing setup...why? are your current tweeters blown? are you looking for brighter/crisper highs? it wont sound too good with factory mids/tweeters plus an extra set of tweeters.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

i currently have the monsoon system. I've upgraded my speakers behind the seats to the bazooka 6.5 dual voice coil subs. i believe my front driver speakers blown. I dnot hear tweeters if i have them so i assume there blown. When i got the car 4 speakers in it were blown. still trying to get everything straightened out. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I would highly recommend the CDT component replacements that Kee Audio sells. They will mount and wire in the door using all of the factory connections but they sound much better and are less likely to blow in the future.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

thanks whitebird. I'll check it out.