Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
View Poll Results: CDT's or Alpines?
CDT
50.00%
Alpine
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

CDT's or Alpine SPS-600C for Front Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDT's or Alpine SPS-600C for Front Speakers

I am curious which component set would be better in my situation. My car is in my sig. Still running the stock Monsoon amp but with the Alpine IDA-X100 HU. I heard the Alpines, they sound great, but I am concerned about how they would sound with the monsoon.

Are the CDT speakers drop-in replacements for the components in there now? In other words, would I have to do any modifications to the door frame locations to mount the tweeter and the woofer?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Im a fan of the type s speakers, but it is a users opinion. try to get a listen to the cdt's somewhere.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

The CDTs will drop right in without any modifications. They are a component speaker, but the tweeter screws into the middle of the mid. I have the CDTs and like them a lot. The only drawback is that they're a 4 ohm speaker so you're technically "losing" some power since your stock mid-range is a 2 ohm. However, because the CDT's have a higher sensitivity rating, they're actually a little bit louder than the stock speakers and sound a lot better
Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jahmes143
The CDTs will drop right in without any modifications. They are a component speaker, but the tweeter screws into the middle of the mid. I have the CDTs and like them a lot. The only drawback is that they're a 4 ohm speaker so you're technically "losing" some power since your stock mid-range is a 2 ohm. However, because the CDT's have a higher sensitivity rating, they're actually a little bit louder than the stock speakers and sound a lot better
Agree. I like them, and the tweeter is nice in that you can swivel it a bit to somewhat aim it up at you.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

the tweeter screws into the middle of the mid
Does this mean that I can't mount the tweeter for the CDT speakers into the tweeter housing on the Formula?

BTW: I mostly listen to rock, classical, and oldies.

Also, whoever owned the car before I did put Sony 3-way speakers in place of the sail panel subs. They do give fairly nice bass, but I think I may be loosing some bass since they aren't "real" subs. Should I replace those with real subs as well?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ArkBird96
Does this mean that I can't mount the tweeter for the CDT speakers into the tweeter housing on the Formula?

BTW: I mostly listen to rock, classical, and oldies.

Also, whoever owned the car before I did put Sony 3-way speakers in place of the sail panel subs. They do give fairly nice bass, but I think I may be loosing some bass since they aren't "real" subs. Should I replace those with real subs as well?

You can mount it seperate too! There's a plug for the center if you do. Look on KEE audio site.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

OK. That's what I thought. It might be better in the long run to go ahead and get the F-Body upgrade package from Kee Audio.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

I personally love it. Not a ton of dough compared to other stuff. Yet fits with a stock look.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

The CDT's will come with tweeter pods if you choose to mount the tweeters seperately.