Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp power trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Amp power trigger...

Im running the factory headunit and need a spot in the trunk area to pick up a trigger for turning the amp for my subs on and off... Can I tap into my power antenna wire for this and if so whats the color pinout... I looked at the Monsoon FAQ and cant find the color code for the power antenna wiring.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no. that wire only has power when the am/fm radio is on. CD in and it turns off. You either need to get a trunk LOC, which takes speaker inputs and converts to a 12v turn on, or just run a wire to your ignition harness, and use the orange in the harness (accessory)
Old 10-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Default yes

I put a 4 channel pyamid with decent sound mounted to factory monsoon bracket behind spare tire for front doors and rear and a two channel for 8 inch subs in the sail pillar. factory head i used stock power wire for the little pyramid and both amps turn on with the antenna wire right there at the spare tire.the tweets run off the head unit directly still factory. I think its the pink one labeled Power Antenna (export only) in my helms manual. I took some pictures with my wifes cellphone got them somewhere.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Teching In

cant find the pics could take more i suppose but both amps are hidden in the spare tire space with the tire kicker etc too deep for pillar used pyramid pro thd better than base pioneer etc wife loves it . Good eights not as good as her 12 polks in the her formula but everything looks factory and room for groceries. 99 TA
Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I need some clarification here... One of you say the power antenna wire only is active during radio play and not CD... And the other says there using it for the amp trigger... Im looking for somthing easy to tap into the rear of the car till I can swap to a double din setup with nav and then run the trigger wire for that.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

A power antenna wire is just that, power antenna. when the cd goes in, the antenna goes down, because the wire no longer has power. so again, no.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

my antenna stay up when I put a cd in my stock monsoon head unit. I switch between radio and cd all the time and the antenna doesn't go up and down. just for what its worth!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock monsoon the antenna stays up in cd or radio so if you have stock radio you can tap it