Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is Kee Audio gonna have a sale soon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i got both sets in finally. I still have the stock speakers in the hatch area (they provide nice fill) but it is not a perfect 1:1 match front-to-back. I can definitely live with it though as long as I push the fronts on my HU by about 1 or 2 notches. I know it is because of the impedance mismatch. You are 100% correct about getting both sets in. Wow, what a difference! I actually had to turn the treble DOWN for once!

The one thing that bothers me a bit is I have quite a bit less headroom in terms of volume. I have to turn the volume up a bit more to overcome the impedance mismatch with the front speakers. Can anything be done about that?

The sound is 1000% better than stock up front and wayyyyyyy better than the crappy Sony coaxials that were back there. I am not quite sure what they were, but I know they were Xplod speakers. They named those right!

BTW:

Last edited by ArkBird96; 12-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Default Best speaker upgrade

Probably been asked a million times but!!!!
What would be the best sound upgrade as far as speakers for a 2000 Camaro SS monsoon system. I don't want to change the head unit. I would like a deeper bass and more mid sound. I also don't want to hack up anything to get them to fit.
Thanks in adavance
Troy
Old 12-06-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Kee Audio can definitely help you out with that! The same CDT speakers that he sent me can be converted into coaxials, but still wired as components. Unlike the Firebird/Trans Am's, the Camaros AFIAK have components mounted as coaxials, but wired as components.

Also, the subs in the Camaros are SVC (Single Voice Coil) subwoofers, as opposed to the Dual Voice Coil subs in the Firebirds. I think his Bazooka subs will still work, you might have to do some different wiring though to get them to work with the stock amp.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

how well will the standard replacement speaker package work with an otherwise all stock 98 SS monsoon system. would there be any advantage to going with the premium replacement?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ian has hooked me up for the holidays!! details and pics soon to follow (once it all gets here & is installed)
Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
how well will the standard replacement speaker package work with an otherwise all stock 98 SS monsoon system. would there be any advantage to going with the premium replacement?
I generally recommend the standard package for a stock Monsoon system with no plans on upgrades. The premium package would not benefit from the stock system as much. You'd be just fine with the standard package.
The standard package still has quality CDT components (CL-61CV) up front, the major difference is they handle a little less power and have stamped steel baskets vs. the cast frames in the other package (CL-E61CV). The drivers still uses a phase plug design to lesson higher end distortion and both use silk tweeters for crisp highs. The Bazookas are true subwoofers and will produce better bass then stock and handle more power without distortion. The materials are superior to the stock paper and foam so they also last much longer and can handle more abuse. The CL-6 in the premium package are midwoofers but can have extended range so they will hit the lower frequency bass but can also handle midrange.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
Ian has hooked me up for the holidays!! details and pics soon to follow (once it all gets here & is installed)
He gets a whole bunch of goodies tomorrow!! This should be a nice, sound quality system using JVC HU, CDT speakers and JBL subs and 5-channel amp.
By the way...I was out of the KD-R800...forgot to tell you on the phone...you are getting an upgrade to the KD-A805 which is the Arsenal unit which has built in bluetooth with the bluetooth adapter included, 2 year warranty over the standard 1 year, and 5 volt preamp outs (over the 2.5volt RCA's). Still has the TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC also. Very nice unit!!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
He gets a whole bunch of goodies tomorrow!! This should be a nice, sound quality system using JVC HU, CDT speakers and JBL subs and 5-channel amp.
By the way...I was out of the KD-R800...forgot to tell you on the phone...you are getting an upgrade to the KD-A805 which is the Arsenal unit which has built in bluetooth with the bluetooth adapter included, 2 year warranty over the standard 1 year, and 5 volt preamp outs (over the 2.5volt RCA's). Still has the TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC also. Very nice unit!!

you sure it is supposed to be today?? waiting suxxxxxxx lol
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned

Tracking numbers sent....says they were delivered at 6:04 p.m. Let me know...PM me.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all received and in good shape....this is what I got from Ian, great stuff, new thread with install pics to follow....

and yes, that is (2) JBL 10s
Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like somebody is going to have some fun this weekend!!!

Quick Reply: Is Kee Audio gonna have a sale soon?