Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can't find 2ohms replacement speakers for Monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mook99ta
I think I will stick with your standard package you guys at Kee seem to know what you are doing. Have you ever donated any packages to Soliders deployed in Afghanistan? I would be more than happy to write a review and promote your products down in Savannah when I return home.
Actually I have donated a few sets as I have some friends that served in Afghanistan and in Iraq both. I REALLY do appreciate what you guys are doing for this country!! Alot of times it is a thankless job that people don't even realize how important it is! I also work for Homeland Security as my "day" job so I know first hand how hard it can be. PM me and we'll talk.

Originally Posted by jasoncway
Kee Audio, is the convertible package you offer made to be used with the Monsoon system? I have a 1998 convertible with the monsoon stereo and am in the process of trying to upgrade the factory speakers.
Yes, that works with convertables and fits in the stock locations. I have been doing some things with the convertables regarding using just the midbass portion of the rear speakers by using the shallow mount CL-E6NEO back there which focus' the highs coming from the front more and mids/midbass coming from the rear speakers. This makes a nice front stage while having some rear fill from the rear. I really like the way that sounded and so have some others!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks.

Thanks to all who replied and helped me with my speaker selection. I am going ot order them today.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try to order a set today.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted let anyone interested know, Kee Audio will go ABOVE and BEYOND the competition as far as helping the customer decide what they want.

I know I have bugged him to death, I have not even ordered anything yet... But just from what he has done so far for me, my TA is getting a new HU along with all speakers replaced with the standard package.. In a few more months the GFs DD camaro will get a new HU and later down the road will receive the standard package. We get a new fbody about once every year or so, I have a few "must do" mods within the first month or so I buy a new one for me or the GF. Along with the other first to do mods, a "Kee Audio" upgrade is now on the list.

THANKS!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Talking

This whole thread couldn't have came at a better time. I was pulling out what hair I have left trying to find speakers that would work without having to hack up the car I just bought a month ago. Kee has helped tremendously along with the people who have experience with these components and the seller. I just finished ordering my set. Now I can start watching for the UPS man. He likes to come to my house since I work for his competition FEDEX.
Thanks again to everyone.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jasoncway
Kee Audio, is the convertible package you offer made to be used with the Monsoon system? I have a 1998 convertible with the monsoon stereo and am in the process of trying to upgrade the factory speakers.
Yes it is.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 PM

I am also needing to replace speakers in my 98 TA and have the Monsoon system also. I went to the KeeAudio site and looked at the standard package but the 2 1/4" tweeters were not part of the package. Where might I find those? Also, I noticed that the two speakers located in the passenger seat locations have two wire connections. Do the replacements from Kee have those connections?

Thx for your response in advance
Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

The door speakers included with the standard package are component sets that include the mids and the tweeters. The Firebird package includes the correct dual voice coil subs to match the wiring in your sail panels (next to the rear seats). Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section for more information.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Ordered the bazooka replacement subs from Kee Audio on 7/25.

Received them about 20 minutes ago, and first of all, let me tell you they are WAY beefier than the stock units. I feel confident these won't get blown by the stock amp (at least not nearly as easily as the stockers).

Very fast shipment, and they arrived packaged very well.

I'll post again about how they sound behind my Alpine headunit and in conjunction with the stock speakers/amp, but I don't think I will be disappointed.

Highly recommended!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firefighterformula
Ordered the bazooka replacement subs from Kee Audio on 7/25.

Received them about 20 minutes ago, and first of all, let me tell you they are WAY beefier than the stock units. I feel confident these won't get blown by the stock amp (at least not nearly as easily as the stockers).

Very fast shipment, and they arrived packaged very well.

I'll post again about how they sound behind my Alpine headunit and in conjunction with the stock speakers/amp, but I don't think I will be disappointed.

Highly recommended!
As I expected, they sound GREAT. IMO they are way better than stock. I do have an aftermarket head unit, but I suspect they would sound really good even with the stocker.

I opted to just drill some pilot holes and use some #6 self tapping screws to install. No rattles, and the fitment was great, considering the sub wasn't designed specifically for the car. Also had to extend one pair of wires on each sub in order for it to reach the terminals farthest from the harness, but that only took about 5 minutes.

Sounds great, and is probably the closest to "plug and play" you will find for those sailpanel subs.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firefighterformula
As I expected, they sound GREAT. IMO they are way better than stock. I do have an aftermarket head unit, but I suspect they would sound really good even with the stocker.

I opted to just drill some pilot holes and use some #6 self tapping screws to install. No rattles, and the fitment was great, considering the sub wasn't designed specifically for the car. Also had to extend one pair of wires on each sub in order for it to reach the terminals farthest from the harness, but that only took about 5 minutes.

Sounds great, and is probably the closest to "plug and play" you will find for those sailpanel subs.

Yep, got mine in as well, they sound better then the stockers for sure, but I'm not sure why you had to extend wires? unless you cut too much off or messed up stripping the wires. When you removed the factory harness, one side of the harness is shorter, with the connector, I just made sure it was connected to the bottom voice coil connectors, so the bazooka logo is right side up.

I used #6 speed nuts and #8 screws, for a nice snug fit, I used tape to hold the speed nuts in place, and soldered everything for the best connection. I'll be throwing in CDT fronts when my stockers blow.

I wish other things I've done to the car was this easy!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Launching!

I'm planning to run an aftermarket HU in my '02 Z28, should I still go with the standard speaker package, or would it be better with the premium package?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Regulator
I'm planning to run an aftermarket HU in my '02 Z28, should I still go with the standard speaker package, or would it be better with the premium package?
Unless you are planning to add an amp to your system, the standard package should be fine.

Just remember to tell him that it is for a camaro, not a firebird so you get the SVC subs instead of the Bazooka DVC subs which would require some creative wiring.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

No, the Bazooka DVC subs work very well in Camaros as well as Firebirds. They are 4-ohm + 4-ohm dual voice coil which matches the factory setup in Firebirds. For Camaros, you just connect the speaker terminals in parallel (positive to positive and negative to negative) to give you 2-ohms total which matches the Camaro factory setup.

Quick Reply: Can't find 2ohms replacement speakers for Monsoon