Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

OBD-II reprogammers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010 | 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default OBD-II reprogammers

So I was curious, if I purchase a reprogrammer, and have multiple LS1 cars that I'd like to reprogram do I have to buy more than one reprogrammer? Or are they not VIN sensitive and can be used on multiple cars?

Also, recommendations on which brand gets the most... well since bangs are bad... "screeching tires? for the buck?
Old 08-23-2010 | 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump
where is whitebird when I need him? lol
Old 08-23-2010 | 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Usually they will allow a certian amount of different PCMs to be reprogrammed as many times as you want. Sometimes this number is 1 and others are 3 to 5. If you need more you buy extra licenses for some amount of money. you can buy an unlimmited license if you need but you only have to have one actual programer.
Old 08-24-2010 | 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaycenk
Usually they will allow a certian amount of different PCMs to be reprogrammed as many times as you want. Sometimes this number is 1 and others are 3 to 5. If you need more you buy extra licenses for some amount of money. you can buy an unlimmited license if you need but you only have to have one actual programer.

Do you know how many licenses the various programmers usually come with?
Old 08-28-2010 | 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you looking for a handheld programmer or actual tuning software?
Old 08-31-2010 | 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TireSm0ke
Are you looking for a handheld programmer or actual tuning software?

Well if I could get something thats laptop based w/ a USB OBD-II cable that'd work too, but I was thinking a diablosport or Hypertech handheld unit
Old 08-31-2010 | 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Don't waste your money on a hand held tuner you dont really gain much with them. Go with something like HP tuners for a laptop
Old 08-31-2010 | 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigj2717
Don't waste your money on a hand held tuner you dont really gain much with them. Go with something like HP tuners for a laptop
Befwazie Likes This.

But yea I got my hands on HP Tuners, and I thinks its 1000x better then a hand held, its more flexable and can do much more stuff
Old 09-01-2010 | 12:05 AM
FormerVendor

With the programmers like HP Tuners you will need to buy credits for each new vehicle. There are some HP tuner packages that offer unlimited credits but it is pretty expensive and usually for people that tune for a living. Unfortunately there are no open source options available to GM LS based vehicles. Credits are usually about $100 each and how many you need will depend on the type of car.
Old 09-01-2010 | 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparksAI
With the programmers like HP Tuners you will need to buy credits for each new vehicle. There are some HP tuner packages that offer unlimited credits but it is pretty expensive and usually for people that tune for a living. Unfortunately there are no open source options available to GM LS based vehicles. Credits are usually about $100 each and how many you need will depend on the type of car.

I know of HP Tuners, I've been told it reflashes the computer with a constant air/fuel map, instead of dynamically controlled version off the MAF?
Old 09-01-2010 | 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

What about efi live?
Old 09-01-2010 | 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fosnot
I know of HP Tuners, I've been told it reflashes the computer with a constant air/fuel map, instead of dynamically controlled version off the MAF?
You can do that, it isn't the stock setting. Your choice.