Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

tweeters on camaros

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweeters on camaros

Where could i put the tweeters in the camaros front doors?? any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I couldn't find my close-ups of where mine are mounted, but if you look closely, you can see mine mounted in the black triangle trip piece right above the door panel. They're .75" MB Quart tweets and I was able to flush mount them there.
Attached Thumbnails tweeters on camaros-firebird-covered-camaro-door-panel.jpg  
Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BandDirector Blk98ZM6
I couldn't find my close-ups of where mine are mounted, but if you look closely, you can see mine mounted in the black triangle trip piece right above the door panel. They're .75" MB Quart tweets and I was able to flush mount them there.
That's a nice spot the tweeters. How do they sound there.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wth! arent all camaros have tweeters? this is my 2nd 4th gen camaro and both came with tweeters mounted right up there in the pic! i removed them both tho lol...weird.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

the tweeters aren't separated in the camaro like they are in the trans am--from the factory they are fixed to the center of the rest of the coaxial speaker, which isn't helpful when you purchase aftermarket components that have the tweeter separated.

honestly i wanted to do the simplest thing possible and screwed mine straight into the door above the speakers themselves. they stayed put solidly for 6 years and sounded great and looked inconspicuous, too. in fact my car was broken into a few months back and the components and tweeters were the only part of the stereo that was not stolen.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuffluck
the tweeters aren't separated in the camaro like they are in the trans am--from the factory they are fixed to the center of the rest of the coaxial speaker, which isn't helpful when you purchase aftermarket components that have the tweeter separated.

honestly i wanted to do the simplest thing possible and screwed mine straight into the door above the speakers themselves. they stayed put solidly for 6 years and sounded great and looked inconspicuous, too. in fact my car was broken into a few months back and the components and tweeters were the only part of the stereo that was not stolen.
The tweeters in the camaro are seperated at least in the 98 camaro. The tweeter is seperated but sits just atop the mid bass speaker(in the front doors), glued together.

heres a picture from my cardomain page, click on link below. You can see the tweeter and the other speaker has the tweeter glued in place to the midbass.

Last edited by 98boxer; 08-24-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
Originally Posted by 98boxer
The tweeters in the camaro are seperated at least in the 98 camaro. The tweeter is seperated but sits just atop the mid bass speaker(in the front doors), glued together.
Before this becomes an argument, you're both right. The tweeters in Camaro doors are electically separate components but are physically together ("glued together" means "aren't separated").
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Before this becomes an argument, you're both right. The tweeters in Camaro doors are electically separate components but are physically together ("glued together" means "aren't separated").
I would still say they are seperate because they have independent positive and negatives and you can litterly seperate the tweeter(as the picture shows) and place the tweeter else where, away from the mid bass speaker.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

"independent positive and negative" = "electically separate commponents".
Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I mounted mine on the very top of the a piller facing toward the center of the car. Wires are hidden behind the plastic, can't even tell they are there and sounds awesome.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
I mounted mine on the very top of the a piller facing toward the center of the car. Wires are hidden behind the plastic, can't even tell they are there and sounds awesome.
could you send me some pics maybe or post some up?
thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm on vacation and don't have pics on my phone, I'll try to take some and get them up for you when I get back
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i simply meant they do not have a place to be mounted on the door like the trans am tweeters do, since they are mounted directly onto the speaker housing itself. most component speakers are more like the trans am design and are comprised of two separate housings.

Quick Reply: tweeters on camaros