Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC SWI-PS Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PAC SWI-PS Help!!!

I have recently installed a new wheel into my 99 Camaro. I currently have a Sony CDX-M7815X installed, so I purchased a PAC SWI-PS to let the steering wheel controls work. Everything works fine, with the exception of the Volume control. The Vol. up button turns the volume down, and vol. down goes into the sound settings when I press it. Like I said everything else works fine so I don't think it is a programming issue. PAC keeps telling me to reassign the functions, (which I have tried numerous times) and Soony tells me I can't modify the head unit itself. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reprogram it with the car running. The slightly lower voltage makes the PAC SWIps module act stupid. Oh and the cold weather will also affect how it works too. I ran with one for about 6 months before the ASWC piece hit the market and that little guy works phenomenally!! Oh and it auto senses your cars controls and what radio you're using. I went from a Kenwood to a Pioneer and now I'm running an Alpine...ALL with the same steering wheel control interface module!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by 95TAJade
Reprogram it with the car running. The slightly lower voltage makes the PAC SWIps module act stupid. Oh and the cold weather will also affect how it works too. I ran with one for about 6 months before the ASWC piece hit the market and that little guy works phenomenally!! Oh and it auto senses your cars controls and what radio you're using. I went from a Kenwood to a Pioneer and now I'm running an Alpine...ALL with the same steering wheel control interface module!!
Can you tell me what the ASWC piece is and hows it different from the PAC SWI-PS

I have been looking at the SWI, I didn't know there were other options. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post pix of how its wired up ? I have having a hard time with mine I just bought
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a programming issue to me also. You can program any button to any function. I had to program mine 3 times to get it right , the problem was me not the hardware. Also on my Sony after I got it right it went crazy, the plug that goes into the back of my Sony was a right angle plug and did not go all the way into my unit so when I would hit a bump it would just come out a little, enough to make it act crazy. To fix this I had to cut away a little of the black plastic on the plug so it would go all the way into the radio. No more problems.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Can you tell me what the ASWC piece is and hows it different from the PAC SWI-PS

I have been looking at the SWI, I didn't know there were other options. Thanks for the help.
This^
Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First time I've heard of ASWC too ... looks to be pretty easy to setup and works with all major brands ... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...xess-ASWC.html
Old 01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I see KeeAudio sells both. When I order my speaker package from him I will ask which he prefers.

Quick Reply: PAC SWI-PS Help!!!