Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alpine remote question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question alpine remote question.

went ahead and got a new head unit today..... alpine cda 7894.... its older, but i got it new, and cheap.... so first question--- was this a stupid decision? seems like a good unit...... planning on installing it this week....

anywho, i purchased it as an "open-box" item, and it didnt have its remote.... SO--are all alpine remotes interchangable? i'd definitely like one for it.....

thanks!

Last edited by SSTAR; 02-10-2004 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSTAR
went ahead and got a new head unit today..... alpine cda 7984.... its older, but i got it new, and cheap.... so first question--- was this a stupid decision? seems like a good unit...... planning on installing it this week....

anywho, i purchased it as an "open-box" item, and it didnt have its remote.... SO--are all alpine remotes interchangable? i'd definitely like one for it.....

thanks!
Yes they are interchagable. I have an alpine in all 3 of my cars and love them all I have had the one in my 442 the longest ( I think 5 years now and it still works like new) After the great experiances I have had I'll only buy alpine. You can contact alpine and they can send you a remote but I think it may be $$$.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

sweetness. i dont have to reprogram it or anything, do i? i wouldnt think so...... i may just try to get it off ebay or pawn one off someone on here first. thanks man.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Alpine has been using the same remote frequencies for the past 5 years. You should be able to get one at your local dealer for about $20. Or try 1-800-REMOTES I know they usually can get you car audio remotes and manuals. Doesnt hurt to try and they are usually the cheapest around.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

sweetness. i dont have to reprogram it or anything, do i? i wouldnt think so...... i may just try to get it off ebay or pawn one off someone on here first. thanks man.
Nope no reprgraming, I misplaced one of the remotes and just used one of the others I had until I found it.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Teching In

quick question. i have the 9815 alpine head unit but haven't installed it in my 02 Z / monsoon. am i going to loose my steering wheel controls? i've looked through crutchfield and other forums but have not received a direct answer. i believe the deck does support this function but i can't remember where the damn manual is
Old 02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

yes, you will lose your wheel controls unless you rewire it or something ..... sorry i dont have more details, but do a search... there have definitely been previous threads regarding this topic.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

yes, you will lose your wheel controls unless you rewire it or something ..... sorry i dont have more details, but do a search... there have definitely been previous threads regarding this topic.
Ive seen some units that support the wheel controls with an addional peice that hooks up but I'm not positive on this.

SStar- I just read your sig and it is hilarious.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Ive seen some units that support the wheel controls with an addional peice that hooks up but I'm not positive on this.

SStar- I just read your sig and it is hilarious.
lol thanks.... i find it pretty much applies.... .

rhy_mth: i found a link to another thread that might help w/this question.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ering+controls