Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker recommendation. I have 10

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speaker recommendation. I have 10

I want to put two pioneer 2way 225 watt max speakers in a fbody camaro should I put them in doors or rear seat area. I have them already. The other two choices I have are 4way pioneers 220watt max or polk 2way 180watt max. I already have all the speakers I just need your advice on which ones to keep for my future install. I'm running off of a after market sony HU and I'm going to rewire the entire car. I will also be adding subs also, thanks. So I will list my entire inventory. 2 pioneer 225 watt max 2way- 4 polk 180 watt max 2way- 4 pioneer 220 watt max 4way.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

still need help.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

the models of the speakers would help. i would say just by looking at that put the 225watt pioneers in the front and a 4 way speaker pair in the passenger area. all you really need in these cars is a good front set and a filler rear with a good sub.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the help. the pioneer 225 watt 2way are ts-d160r the other pioneer 4way you recommended for use are ts-g670m the polk 2way are db650. Thanks
Old 01-29-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kee audio is fast to give info in a thread, then put I can sell you this and that. Seeing I already have more than enough speakers in my closet and don't need to buy any, Kee audio won't give any info about my question. He is not obligated to respond to anyones question but be aware of his intentions when he gives advice. He can help others to sell his products but can't help others when he can't sell his product.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 289 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What the hell brought that on??? You didn't ask for Ian's help, so why would you call him out like that?

Grow up.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would probably say the Polk audio. But just depends on your needs, musical taste, and budget. I've got a lot in mine, but I listen to lots of rap and occasionally some rock. But I'm not one of those guys who has plenty of bass and no mids or highs. Everyone complements me on my clarity not bass but I've got (2) 6 inch infinity kappas in the front door with components, (2) 6.5 inch infinity kappas in the sails, (2) 6x9 infinity kappas in the hatch below the shocks and (2) kicker comp cvr 12's through a 4 channel 1000 watt performance technique and a 2400 watt performance technique. But I'm gonna simplfy soon and go more high end and compact with great sound.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ I just replaced my trucks factory system using polks dxi series....I'm pretty pleased with the product. You're right, it's a good all around speaker. No mind numbing booty bass. No teeth shattering highs. Just a really good blend. However, I only have my Kenwood HU pushing them also.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnp94
Kee audio is fast to give info in a thread, then put I can sell you this and that. Seeing I already have more than enough speakers in my closet and don't need to buy any, Kee audio won't give any info about my question. He is not obligated to respond to anyones question but be aware of his intentions when he gives advice. He can help others to sell his products but can't help others when he can't sell his product.
First off, Ian is a great guy and has ALWAYS helped me out when I needed advice on my system. I've spent upwards of 2k on my stereo and NONE of it with him. He hasn't tried to sell me anything I didn't ask him about first. And second, here is my advice. Sell ALL those shitty coaxial speakers and get something decent, then maybe you won't have to ask stupid questions about which of your 10 shitty speakers to use.

Originally Posted by whiteBird00
What the hell brought that on??? You didn't ask for Ian's help, so why would you call him out like that?

Grow up.
Amen...
Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Of course it's a stupid question to you because you alredy have the knowledge, but I don't have the knowledge and I'm trying to learn. These forums are here so we can learn and help others. We all have knowledge in different areas speakers is not my area of knowledge. So I would now like to know are the speakers I mentioned all s#!&. Can anyone else confirm my speakers are crap if so I can go get different ones. Thanks

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 01-30-2011 at 08:05 AM.