Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Road Rage defensive light thingy... (high beams in reverse)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bizerk1
how about one of the huge flashlights and carry it with you the ones that are like portable spotlights
I was going to say the same thing. I have thought abot this and messing with the reverse lights can be done. i know in the old days thats how people knew you wanted to race, you would ride with them on. I think they did it by tricking the car to think it was in reverse, not sure though. they make boat spotlights that are bright as ****, you could just point and shoot. Bad thing is they are so bright it moght blind them for a couple seconds.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

man i was trying to find that blues brother's scene where they threw the tacks out the window.

but i heard from adults how back in the day they would wire their brake lights to a switch, so if someone was tailgating them, they'd flip the switch.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Launching!

my buddy has these, on his trucks head ach rack he has lights on the top for loading trailers and what not at night, but work GREAT for road rage lights proven many times. ha!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always handy to carry some sort of junk (maybe only pennies) in your car to throw out when needed
Old 02-19-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

A guy on the G8 board put HIDs in his reverse lights.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...reverse+lights

And yes, that stretch of I64 is pitiful.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

damn those h.i.ds in the G8 reverse lights r prettty cool...

i got limo tint on my back window so they can flash all they want...really dont bother me

but if that happens i usually slow down to like 40mph then as they attempt to accelerate past me and go around i drop into second and take off leaving them thinking WTF that thing is loud/fast
Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 347 Likes on 318 Posts

Yea, but the G8 lights don't come on while the car is moving forward.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

when i was younger and my dad had a 87 mustang GT and people would ride his *** at night he would throw paintballs out his window and the people would then brake harshly becuase they thought putting on there wippers with an OIL based paint ball would work.
i stepped it up a notch... i shoot paintballs at cars behind me with my spyder mini gun 998 velocity at 4 paintballs a second
Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just get a powerful hand held spotlight. That will get them to stop shining their brights at you. It's against the law to shine a bright light at other drivers, so be careful who you do it to.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its called "flash to pass" maybe you should move over and let them pass?

I hate left lane nannies.....seriously?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bizerk1
how about one of the huge flashlights and carry it with you the ones that are like portable spotlights
this is what i used to do.. thankfully between my mickeys throwing up everything on the road, having a loud car and up until now no exhaust i never had people tailgate me lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Its called "flash to pass" maybe you should move over and let them pass?

I hate left lane nannies.....seriously?
Except I've had someone do that to me when I was next to a semi truck. Like, really? Where do you think I'm gonna go?

Or I've also had someone ride my bumper with their brights on when I'm in the right lane. People can be just stupid
Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

same here, and its not like im going slow. usually the speed limit to ~10 over
Old 02-20-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Except I've had someone do that to me when I was next to a semi truck. Like, really? Where do you think I'm gonna go?

Or I've also had someone ride my bumper with their brights on when I'm in the right lane. People can be just stupid

They're obviously doing it wrong. If you're going around a semi not going much faster then it is in the left lane you're doing it wrong too though, lol.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

not that I condone it but my GF is crazy and we have launched coffees onto peoples winshield or whatever else is in the car. trash ect.... btw get a faster car
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
They're obviously doing it wrong. If you're going around a semi not going much faster then it is in the left lane you're doing it wrong too though, lol.
+1

Get out of the way. If your going to pass someone in the left lane then do it and get back over.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

What a funny thread,reminds me of the day me and a buddy were heading home from work(carpooling) slow traffic and some lady driving a box truck kept cutting us off using no signals and just driving like an idiot in general.Took out my lunch supplies sliced salami, mustard,and bread.I put mustard on the salami (to make them stick and make a mess)pulled up next to her and threw them like little frisbee's all over her windshield!That bitch slowed down real quick and kept a good distance after that!Very funny and no real damage in the end.Another day some dick in a clean lexus suv cut's us off and gives us the finger after so we got about half a car in front of him and I threw my chocolate milk at him going like 70 mph.That lil carton exploded chocolate milk all over his windshield,I gave him the finger and we disappeared in the sea of car's in front of us!

Last edited by BayArea ws6; 02-21-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Good question but great thread, trying not to laugh to loud at work.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

this is what happens when you mix people who have issues being passed (usually by people going dangerously faster than all the surrounding traffic and definitely over the speed limit), and anger management issues.

Note: you're not going to lose alpha dog status on the road if you get passed and if you're getting passed you yield. It doesn't matter if the guy behind you is going 40 miles over the speed limit and you're doing what you think is the fastest you should go over the speed limit. The rules dont make you the arbitrator of the road, they tell you to yield. You yield to faster cars, you yield to crazy people. You dont try to out-crazy them.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by a383z
Good question but great thread, trying not to laugh to loud at work.
Yeah same here, getting weird looks from the coworkers, great thread though.

Quick Reply: Road Rage defensive light thingy... (high beams in reverse)