Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Those running CDT Audio..

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Those running CDT Audio..

Ever since I bought my TA I've wanted to replace it's audio. I'm leaning pretty heavily on going with a CDT package from Kee Audio. For those that have CDT, what can you tell me about it. Do you like it? Would you have done something different if you could (i.e. bought better quality of package, gone with a sub, etc..) I have about $600 I want to spend at the moment...
Thanks for your input and I can't wait to get some descent audio finally!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the CDT package with the upgraded CDT DVC subs for my TA and it sounded nice. Very good quality no complaints. I am a very picky person trust me. But my cousin bought a Formula and I sold him my system and went with kicker speakers and I still have no complaints. Very good quality either way. If you wanna go kicker I recommend very nice sound. If you go with kicker its still good lol. If you want to know which kind I got they are KS series components up front, 2ohm 6.5 kicker subs for the sails, and 4" KS series for the hatch.

I got bass, mids, and highs with either system. But I wont lie...the CDT subs for the sails really sound better than the kicker subs its more midbass with the CDT but they give better quality than the kickers, mainly because the kickers rattle the car to much. They hit harder but if you dynamat they sound awesome....but either one is good just to let you know. Get a coin and flip it then buy it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Teching In

I bought the CDT premium system and its not bad. I wouldn't do it again though. I did only the speakers and it still sounds like crap turned up loud. The speakers sound really good with hip hop music but terrible playing rock. Certain frequencies make the speakers sound like they are blown...even the subs at low volume levels.
Just remember that if you keep the stock head unit and amp its going to give you about the same power maybe slightly better sounds. Honestly I hate mine and wish I had gone a different route. Waste of money because my stock speakers sounded just fine.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

I agree. But you need to think of ohms (not really) and power rating. But basically you can crank the music as loud as you want and past 4/6th's of the volume will make the speakers distort. The stock amp will give out good sound but aftermarket will let you crank it to the max. So keep in mind it will still get loud but not max of the stereo.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Whatever I do, I'm focusing mainly on the doors/sail panel speakers with an amp. I want to do it proper as possible to get the full potential out of these 4 speakers.
Thanks for your input so far, I appreciate it
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned

I love the infinity reference series in the front doors, they are crystal clear, i have not had distortion problem and i literally listen to all kinds of music and usually have it turned up pretty loud.

Like mentioned the Kickers hit hard!!! but you have to make sure you mount them tight and even a little sound deadening wouldnt hurt.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Yes the kicker subs do hit good. I had to retighten a couple times to make them stop rattling and now they sound even better. Its a good comparison to a 10 inch with low watts lol but at least you get those lows
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Standard Speaker Package from Kee Audio. It's a nice package for the money, everything fits with no modifications, and sounds great! I even added a CDT 10" sub to my system. I also have a nice Pioneer headunit.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I was wondering about the these now I'm gonna stick with Infinity Kappa Series.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1ya
Damn, I was wondering about the these now I'm gonna stick with Infinity Kappa Series.
Another Infinity Kappa fan here.

Quick Reply: Those running CDT Audio..