Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 05-20-2016, 01:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Axxess ASWC Install Walk-Through: 2001 Trans Am Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashley Diamond
How do you manually program for a JVC head?
I typed your question into google and found these:
https://metra-static.s3.amazonaws.co...ument_100A.pdf
http://metraonline.com/files/products/INSTASWC_web.pdf
Is that what you need?

Last edited by VIP1; 04-05-2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Location: The Firebird spent most of it's live through the winters of Indiana. Now in D.C.
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for keeping this post up!
Old 06-21-2021, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2x what RomRod said, thanks for this thread, it is definitely the most helpful getting the Axxess connected to a late model F-body. I am installing a Sony Android Auto/Apple Car play receiver. I will order another Metra 70-1858 to get a donor wire to pin into spot #14 in harness. Quick re-ash: Wire from Axxess to Metra pigtail: black to black, red to red (accessory power), yellow/green stripe (may look like golden rod yellow or Orange with green stripe, mine is def yellow) to pin #14 (wire from donor Metra harness). #14 position is the one right across from the gray right front speaker positive (no black stripe). I will most likely cannibalize either a yellow or orange wire from the 2nd Metra harness I just ordered. Thanks guys!

UPDATE: I added a parking brake bypass to the harness. In my situation the previous owner ran new speaker wires to speakers (guessing ty bypass the Monsoon system). I was able to use one of the speaker wires as the wire for pin #14. I connected a backup camera also, works great but I wired it so it only works when in reverse. If you are more patient, you can run a wire to the backup camera to power it when ever you want, the head unit can view the camera anytime as long as it is powered.

More importantly, directions on the web for a double din radio install want you to cut the lower section of the dash radio opening to allow a double din radio to fit. If you buy this particular Sony XAV-AX150, the innards of the radio is positioned at the top half of the DIM. I did not have to cut any of the factory plastic out of my dash to install this radio. I did have to cut about 1/2" from the bottom of the mounts in the Metra 95-3312G kit, but I would rather cut up the install kit than the factory dash. I attached some pictures.

Last edited by amandato; 07-02-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Axxess ASWC Install Walk-Through: 2001 Trans Am Steering Wheel Controls