Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone ever replace the back seats with subs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever replace the back seats with subs?

Building a custom box is nothing new for me so im not worried about the actual work...im just curious if anyone has done it and can share pics. thanks guys
Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Teching In

If you're going to lose the back seats you can get some big time space :-) You might as well just wall it off and then have the whole cargo area open. Rediculous loud and still room for the T-tops and a case of beer!

Wow, that last sentence sounded kind of white trash didn't it??
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by johnnyko12
If you're going to lose the back seats you can get some big time space :-) You might as well just wall it off and then have the whole cargo area open. Rediculous loud and still room for the T-tops and a case of beer!

Wow, that last sentence sounded kind of white trash didn't it??
lolzz
Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

It's what I plan to do once I get this BEAST sold, i'll be doing 2 12's in a ported box they'll be slanted facing the rear glass.

I just don't want to put the time or money into building yet another box for this 15".
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever replace the back seats with subs?-system.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
It's what I plan to do once I get this BEAST sold, i'll be doing 2 12's in a ported box they'll be slanted facing the rear glass.

I just don't want to put the time or money into building yet another box for this 15".
haha. i built a box for 2 competition 15s for my bonneville...good times.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

i actually took the back seats completely out and built a pedestal type deal and sat the sub box on it look pretty good. i didn't like not having the back seat so now I'm going to eventually get a box built for the back hatch area

Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by arapitis
haha. i built a box for 2 competition 15s for my bonneville...good times.
my thing is that box my 15 is in actually was bigger, but i shortened it up and retuned it, but that is the 4th box, redesigned so basicaly 5th, that I have built for that sub over the 8-9 years I've owned it and I've got the sub/box combo for sale so I don't want to spend the time to design a new box for that sub in this car.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love to see a fiberglassed rear seat delete for subs.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not quite finished but here's a couple pics of what I'm workin on right now I should have time to finish it this weekend. Both pics are the same setup but in the second pic im gonna hide the infinity amp and crossovers so just the mb quart stuff is visible. But I can still access the back amp the lid is on a hinge and I might cut a plexiglass window behind the front amp so the light bar from the other amp shines through.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lymlyt96
I'm not quite finished but here's a couple pics of what I'm workin on right now I should have time to finish it this weekend. Both pics are the same setup but in the second pic im gonna hide the infinity amp and crossovers so just the mb quart stuff is visible. But I can still access the back amp the lid is on a hinge and I might cut a plexiglass window behind the front amp so the light bar from the other amp shines through.

Interesting.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Somewhat? Like everybody else I just put the seats down, fastened my sub box down with some rope so it doesn't slide and hid my amp under my passanger seat. Fairly loud haha. Loved it.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Nothing is mounted but this is basically what its gonna look like. I did some testing to make sure everything works and sounds right and everything worked out good so I can start cleaning everything up and this whole system does run through my iphone like explained in my thread a couple months ago.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever replace the back seats with subs?