Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power door unlock prob

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door unlock prob

My passenger side door will not open with the remote. It opens every other way but this way. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-21-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has it worked before and it just stopped?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it doesnt work.. Because mine doesnt unlock until a couple two or three clicks on the unlock on the keyless entry..
Old 03-21-2005, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Sometimes it does work but only like once every 100 times I unlock my doors. It has been this way the whole time I've had the car, it is just getting to me now.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

This may seem pretty basic but you are aware that the keyless entry system is designed to unlock the passenger door only after the second press of the unlock button? The first press unlocks only the driver's door and a second press within five seconds then unlocks the passenger's door.

There is a simple (and free) modification you can make that will make both doors unlock on the first press.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I am aware that you must push it twice to unlock both doors. What is the mod I can do to open both doors with only pushing it once? That is exactly what I need.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by 17WITHaBIRD
I am aware that you must push it twice to unlock both doors. What is the mod I can do to open both doors with only pushing it once? That is exactly what I need.
First, a disclaimer... all following information is for LS1 F-bodies (98-02); it may or may not work on earlier models but it's all the information I have (this is, after all, LS1TECH ).

The following is from the FAQ at LS1.COM - Keven says it far better than I could:
Progressive Doorlock Bypass

For those of you who dont know...progressive door locks is when you hit the unlock button on the remote once to unlock the drivers door and then hit it again to unlock the passenger door. These instruction are on how to bypass it so that both doors unlock on the first press. The second press of the button will now be an extra channel giving you the abitlity to control other options such as remote start, window roll down, turn on radio, whatever you can think of that needs a pulse to activate.

1. Look under the glove box. You will see a black panel that covers everything above it. There are two clips right at the base of the glovebox that holds the front side of the panel up. Remove these to clips so that the panels hangs down giving you access to the wires above it.

2. Look for a green plug. There will be five wires in it. -Orange/Black stripe -Red/black stripe -Grey/Black stripe -Tan -Grey

3. Unplug the harness. The female side is the bigger side and is light green. The male side is the smaller side and is dark green. You will be working with the female side.

4. Cut the grey/black stripe wire on the female side.

5. You should now have a short length of wire going back into the female plug and the other side goes back into the wiring of the car. Splice the side going back into the plug with the Tan wire.

6. The wire that goes back into your car is now your extra channel on your alarm. Its is a 12V pulse.

Most remote starts and window modules need just a pulse to activate. This will give it to you now from the factory alarm. Installation of these components would be done just as if there were an aftermarket alarm except that you would hook the trigger wire to the grey/black wire that is left over.

Since doing mine originally Ive found that some cars just have a green plug going directly into the BCM. Wires are the same color. You just need to verify which side is the output to the locks with a voltmeter.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Thanks...If it wasnt raing out I would go check to see if the wires are the same...Looks like I'll have to wait untill tomarrow.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

I went to find the wires under the glove box, I found no wires that match the ones in the discription above. Anyone know what they are for a lt1? But I do have another problem, before I went to look for the wires, the remote for the doors would not unlock or lock my doors. I dont think its the remote its self because I have two and the other one wouldnt work either.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Default door unlock problem

Ive been having some trouble with the passenger door unlocking with the remote. I started abnother thread in the electronics section but thought maybe some of the lt1 guys could help me out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293741
Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine did it too, then I changed the battery in the remote and it seemed fixed??????! remember to push unlock twice for all doors though too.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28boysteve
mine did it too, then I changed the battery in the remote and it seemed fixed??????! remember to push unlock twice for all doors though too.

Ya u can try that or even try to take the remote apart and clean the inside off. Like just wipe the connections points off. Mine used to be a mother and a half like that!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as the batts get low they have enough juice for one signal, then the second one doesn't have quite enough. after a period of time they again have enough for one but not the second.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

This could be caused by a low voltage situation.

Have you changed the batteries in your remotes?
Do you have trouble starting you car due to battery low voltage reasons?
Has this car had an aftermarket alarm? Possibly before you had it?