Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Better choice? 160 amp or 200 amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with snootch on this one. I have it hammered all the time. As far as others and not having trouble not all amps put out what they say they do. I can run my stuff just fine until I push it past halfway then it kills the charge. No its not wiring, the wiring is all good and so are the grounds. 0/1 awg was used completely and I sanded to bare metal for all the grounds. The amp is a beast. 4 channel pushing 200 rms up front and 400 rms (bridged) to the sub no matter what load the speakers are wired at.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I'm with snootch on this one. I have it hammered all the time. As far as others and not having trouble not all amps put out what they say they do. I can run my stuff just fine until I push it past halfway then it kills the charge. No its not wiring, the wiring is all good and so are the grounds. 0/1 awg was used completely and I sanded to bare metal for all the grounds. The amp is a beast. 4 channel pushing 200 rms up front and 400 rms (bridged) to the sub no matter what load the speakers are wired at.
did you order the 250? Or you going to stick with the 200.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He had it already built so I'm getting the 200. Hopefully it will hold up and be fine. IF not I'll be pissed but what can I do. Lesson learned at that point so we'll see. I really dont plan to upgrade the system anymore than it is. Its fairly stealthy right now. You cant see the amp or the sub.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
He had it already built so I'm getting the 200. Hopefully it will hold up and be fine. IF not I'll be pissed but what can I do. Lesson learned at that point so we'll see. I really dont plan to upgrade the system anymore than it is. Its fairly stealthy right now. You cant see the amp or the sub.
With my EA alternator, at idle, I did get some dimming, but barely step on the throttle (up to about my 900rpm) and the needle stays solid at 13.5v no matter how loud I crank my system. (even with bass music) I guess ifyou want zero possibility of any dimming, have your car tuned, and the idle bumped up to 950 or so. Or I think you can enlarge the hole in the throttle body blade slightly to get the same effect.