Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dynamat install suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a bulk pack i think it weighs about 20 lbs, not much. Just take out your spare tire, jack , and factory amp and youll be ahead of the game.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Do the doors at a minimum, makes a huge difference in how solid they feel when closing them and how it blocks out road noise. I did it a little different.

I put Dynomat on the inside of the door skins:

And then I covered the door with a Cascade brand trunk kit and left off the stock plastic sheet:

I also went a little farther and did the whole hatch area with Dynomat:

Made a huge difference. Go as far as you want. The only thing holding you back is expense and the added weight. Do yourself a favor and buy some sort of roller to press the Dynomat down as you go.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Do the doors at a minimum, makes a huge difference in how solid they feel when closing them and how it blocks out road noise. I did it a little different.

I put Dynomat on the inside of the door skins:

And then I covered the door with a Cascade brand trunk kit and left off the stock plastic sheet:

I also went a little farther and did the whole hatch area with Dynomat:

Made a huge difference. Go as far as you want. The only thing holding you back is expense and the added weight. Do yourself a favor and buy some sort of roller to press the Dynomat down as you go.
And how difficult was it to get the sheets inside the door?!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

It's really not bad doing the inside of the doors.....as long as you have long skinny arms. The big square hole on the right side and the speaker opening on the left are plenty big enough to maneuver the sheets. You can't use full size sheets of course, but a little overlap and a small wooden roller are all you need. It's much easier pulling the backing off before you put the sheets in the door. Just fold the sheets in 1/2 and insert them. It made a huge difference as far as how solid/heavy the doors feel when closing them and how much it blocks road/traffic noise out of the cabin. I ended up making a square piece of aluminum to cover the opening on the right before I laid the black Cascade material down. Go for it!
A few more pics added as you requested by pm.

Originally Posted by A-man930
And how difficult was it to get the sheets inside the door?!

Last edited by HavATampa; 05-31-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wanna do back seats and back like this
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Personally if you're going to do it go all out. You'll be suprised how big of a difference it'll make.
I used 155 sq/ft of RAMmat and 6 sq/yds of their sound deadening foam. Most places have two later's of the mat with the main area's having three. The door's, wheel wheels, speaker holes, etc.. have about four layer's of the mat and two layer's of the foam. The car feels COMPLETELY different now.
Here's some pictures of the install. The first pictures show the mat laid out and the last pictures show the foam over it.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used (2) bulk kits, (1) trunk kit, and (2) door kits:

Mind you, this will add a tremendous amount of weight, and if you are lowered already, this may drop you another 1/2" possibly. Def keep it to (1) layer in the rear IMO. Don't forget to get to the rear fenders too as far as you can! Of course much depends on HOW MUCH your enclosures/equipment weigh

I did nothing w/the headliner, and yes, I've already had my driver side window motor/regulator replaced, so this did not hinder the fix with the way my dynamat was installed.
Attached Thumbnails Dynamat install suggestions-dynamat-pic.jpg   Dynamat install suggestions-dynamat-picii.jpg  

Last edited by Firehawk526; 11-16-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynamat install suggestions